Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Do you know what's really depressing?

(31 Posts)
Hassled Fri 18-Jul-14 17:08:08

Apart from all of the news, obviously (except the news that Gove got stuck in a Commons loo).

What's depressing is when you buy a mascara from a beauty counter and, unprompted, the sales assistant gives you free samples of anti-ageing/anti-wrinkle/skin-improving lotions and potions. She may as well have just said "you look like shit, love - here's some stuff to sort your face out".

<slits wrists>

Breastfeeding, Garlic?

If you breastfed in Lorgnette Land they would peer at you, sniff pointedly and arrange some packaging nearby in an unsettling way. In their world, breasts are just a convenient shelf where you rest an antique gold pearl-handled spectacle on a chain.

. angry
/ UU \

TheTravellingLemon Sat 19-Jul-14 09:18:33

I got saggy boob cream from my MiL. fml sad

Hassled Sat 19-Jul-14 10:49:20

This is the look I'm going to go for. No one will notice the shite skin when they see the pearls and the goddam lorgnette. I won't be getting freebies of Haggard Skin Cure, I'll be getting freebies of holidays with elderly chaps on yachts.

What are you examining in that photograph, Hassled? Can't make it out on my device.

<wields lorgnette>

It looks as if you have come upon a baseball cap and have picked it up to wonder at this strange new object.

I think I may invest in a nice felt cloche for this winter. I'd like to work the Jack Lemmon/Tony Curtis look here.

Hassled Sat 19-Jul-14 13:07:38

I'm looking at a picture of DH and thinking "well, nobody's perfect" grin.

Yes to the felt cloche. That's a good look.

MehsMum Sat 19-Jul-14 13:22:22

Love the lorgnettes!

Our best recent find was folding reading glasses in their own tiny case. They make me feel less old because than a huge clunky case I have a nifty little metal box which fits into a pocket or the corner of my handbag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now