Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

No one ever tells you about the spider poo when you build a conservatory.

(19 Posts)
NumTumDeDum Fri 18-Jul-14 15:07:41

Just that. I have little miniature piles of spider crap in the corners of my conservatory. I now have to add cleaning up spider poo to my daily tasks. shock

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 18-Jul-14 15:10:34

I had a clump of baby spiders in mine, I tried to get it off using a tumbler and they scattered.

Thousands of teeny spiders running everywhere.

There are no plans for a conservatory on this house wink

JustAShopGirl Fri 18-Jul-14 15:11:27

hahaha .... lots of little black dots - wait for the fluffy piles containing baby spiders.... we have learned to live with it...

not so with the crappy wax discolouration from some crappy "floating lantern" that landed on it though... I'm bloomin livid...

JustAShopGirl Fri 18-Jul-14 15:11:52

oh cross posted... lots of baby spiders here too..

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Fri 18-Jul-14 15:11:52

You have put me of conservatories for life now.

stargirl1701 Fri 18-Jul-14 15:13:04

Buy a lizard? How do you feel about cleaning up lizard poo? grin

Do you know about the masses of flies that congregate in the roof of the conservatory and then drop dead and land on your head/in your dinner? Happened to me yesterday when having dinner at a friend's house.

WalkWithTheLonelyOnes Fri 18-Jul-14 15:16:38

I can't even believe that spiders poo! I've honestly never even thought about it!blush

hiccupgirl Fri 18-Jul-14 15:17:43

And the giant spiders that take up residence in the highest point of the roof so you can't get them out.

Love my conservatory for lots of reasons but the spiders are a pain.

ShakeYourTailFeathers Fri 18-Jul-14 15:19:49

<crosses conservatory off wish list>

YaMasYaDaWithAWigOn Fri 18-Jul-14 16:14:02

We don't get any of those, I do find lots of various bodies though. Spiders, flies, ladybirds, wasps, hover flies etc.

It gets like a sauna in our conservatory during a hot day.

Notquiteallthereyet Fri 18-Jul-14 16:14:37

They are also very messy eaters ....

0pheliaBalls Fri 18-Jul-14 16:32:54

So glad I live on the second floor and having a chamber of horrors conservatory is not something I'll never have to consider.

0pheliaBalls Fri 18-Jul-14 16:33:35

*ever

Too horrified to type correctly grin

WaitMonkey Fri 18-Jul-14 16:50:04

We have lot's of snail poo. hmm

atticusclaw Fri 18-Jul-14 16:52:00

The dead flies are a nightmare. At least the masses of spiders eat lots of the flies.

itiswhatitiswhatitis Fri 18-Jul-14 16:58:15

Reason 199 why I hate my conservatory, would knock it down in a heart beat.

NumTumDeDum Fri 18-Jul-14 16:59:43

Yes I have a flying creature graveyard too. All over the windowsills and suspended from the ceiling. It's grim. I have to take a dry mop and wind it all around it to get it down like a webby fishing net full of corpes. It is truly disgusting.confused

nemno Fri 18-Jul-14 17:06:32

My friend has a huge non-opening, lantern-type window high up in the ceiling of her kitchen diner. The flies trapped and buzzing in it for hours before they drop down dead really irritate me, maybe she is used to it. Only way of stopping them is fly spray.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now