Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Spots inside stretchmarks? WTAF??! <<<<poss ible klaxon>>>&g t;

(13 Posts)
SomeSortOfDeliciousBiscuit Sat 12-Jul-14 10:57:48

Exactly that. I have old stretchmarks and sometimes the thicker, purple ones go soft and a bit swollen in the heat. I had one like this last night on my thigh and it was bothering me, so I squeezed it a little bit for relief (scratching doesn't work for that) and all of a sudden, a big white spot head appeared in the middle of it and so did a bruise, next to the spot. It hurt like hell.vI broke the head and squeezed out about a 5mm by 10mm mass of yellow gunk.

This isn't the first time I've had this, but usually I notice the spot head and squeese it all out. I've never made one magically appear before!

PedlarsSpanner Sat 12-Jul-14 11:09:31

Oooh how AWFUL

<licks lips>

SomeSortOfDeliciousBiscuit Sat 12-Jul-14 11:36:17

It's seriously weird. And the area is very sore this morning, like it's deeply bruised. I'm going to have to stick a plaster over it because it's rubbing against my clothes and getting more and more sore. Or should I leave it without a plaster in case the rubbing encourages the spot to come back?

Oh come on, you know the drill - pictures or it didn't happen! grin

SomeSortOfDeliciousBiscuit Sat 12-Jul-14 11:41:00

I can't take a picture, it's at the top of my thigh and too close to my crotch. It would have to be a full-on crotch shot to show you properly. sad

Ouch!

Ok, understood, can do without photos! grin

SomeSortOfDeliciousBiscuit Sat 12-Jul-14 11:53:09

Yeah, it's too early in our relationship to be showing you all my pubes.

bluntasabullet Sat 12-Jul-14 12:34:47

Stick a little bit of Savlon on it and a plaster :-) will draw anymore yuckyness out of it. I did this on a spot in a stretchmark. Worked wonders!

SomeSortOfDeliciousBiscuit Sat 12-Jul-14 13:06:34

Yay! Someone else who is blessed with stretchmark spots! grin I haven't got any savlon, unfortunately.

hellymelly Sat 12-Jul-14 13:11:00

How strange! I wonder if you have an old hair folicle under the stretchmark, and because the skin there is damaged you are getting sebum build up underneath, as it can't escape?

DeadCert Sat 12-Jul-14 13:18:29

You lucky thing.

wanders off to inspect own stretch marks

Dayshiftdoris Sat 12-Jul-14 13:23:39

Me too

I get those... Not very often though unfortunately

EBearhug Sat 12-Jul-14 19:41:43

I can't take a picture, it's at the top of my thigh and too close to my crotch. It would have to be a full-on crotch shot to show you properly.

After the standards set by Kato, that's no sort of excuse. grin

It's not just you. I get spots on stretch marks, too. I have one on the lower right side of my stomach which is reoccurring, but I get others come up around. Not every day, but from time to time.

I assume it happens because the stretched skin means pores are also stretched, so can get more bacteria or something in. This is a completely unscientific theory, mind you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now