Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Has anyone got a ford c-max?

(18 Posts)
Crutchlow35 Fri 11-Jul-14 22:44:18

We are looking at one on Sunday. Do you like yours and would you buy again? Thanks!

OutOfCigarettes Fri 11-Jul-14 23:03:51

SIL has one and it's lovely. It's a 1.8tdci 06 plate

hippo123 Fri 11-Jul-14 23:39:10

Yes, 04 plate. It's been ok I guess, good size boot, 3 decent sized seats in the back. Be aware of electrical problems though, ours constantly has warning lights being randomly displayed, low fuel when it's not, airbag one, etc. If you do an emergency stop all kind of lights go on. One of the electric window buttons is also faulty.

I've had an 11 plate titanium 5 seater for about 8 months and I love it. Drives like a Focus, looks good. Passed the mot like a charm. Had an issue with the electric boot opener but apparently there were some faulty ones installed and the garage swapped it.

hiddenhome Sat 12-Jul-14 00:08:35

We're onto our third one now and we find they're very good cars. Dh wouldn't have anything else.

Crutchlow35 Sat 12-Jul-14 08:24:13

Thanks all for your responses. Will see what the test drive brings.

OHforDUCKScake Sat 12-Jul-14 08:27:48

Yes, I absolutely love it.

I will keep it for as long as possible and when it reaches its end, I will buy another.

Really recommend them.

OHforDUCKScake Sat 12-Jul-14 08:28:35

Hippo mine had random lights displayed too. Then the battery died, got a new battery and the warning lights stopped.

Gogogodaddy Sat 12-Jul-14 08:35:56

I have an 09 plate c max. It has some kind of electrical fault so we get lots of warning sounds but mechanics can't work out what is wrong. It is extremely expensive to run petrol wise although it is 1.8 litre so that's prob the reason. No isofix so limits the car seats etc. to be totally honest I probably would have looked at other cars if I had the time. I only bought it because it was a bit bigger than my Fiesta and i am used to Ford.

Crutchlow35 Sat 12-Jul-14 10:30:31

The one I am looking at is a diesel and has a titanium pack gogo, so comes with isofix for our booster seats.

I currently have a galaxy but it is on its last legs.

TheCunnyFunt Sat 12-Jul-14 10:46:38

Yes we have a 10 plate one, it's not a Titanium, it's the slightly lower spec one, I cannot for the life of me think what it is though. We've had it since August last year and we LOVE it! The only problem we've had with it is the motor for the squirters broke but that was easily fixed.

DickCrack Sat 12-Jul-14 11:23:52

I have one, a 2l diesel ghia. Like a few other people, I've been plagued by electrical faults. It's been a money pit, requiring repair after repair. I'd never have another ford. They are notorious re electrical faults. It currently requires a new diesel particulate filter, at a cost of £450. In fact it's had so many repairs it's probably got less than 50% of the original engine left. I reckon over the 6 years I've owned it I've spent around 3000 on repairs. Rubbish.

Lottiedoubtie Sat 12-Jul-14 11:28:28

We have one that's 18 months old, titanium spec. Isofix great, haven't had any electrical issues at all, in fact no issues at all. We have the Eco-boost engine (forget what it's officially called), I worried before hand that it would be slow and not live up to the hype of it being 'equivalent' to a much larger engine- I was wrong, it accelerates really well and is very smooth and comfy to drive/be a passenger in.

Big boot, five decent seats. When we're done with this one, we'll get another!

MissHC Sat 12-Jul-14 11:34:55

08 plate 2.0 diesel titanium here. Love it, drives like a charm. I definitely recommend it. Beware though the 1.6 and 1.8l diesels are prone to engine issues.

TheCunnyFunt Sat 12-Jul-14 11:42:20

Zetec!! It's a Zetec that we have, I'm almost sure of it.

ColdCottage Sat 12-Jul-14 11:50:04

My friend has 3 children (10,4,2) and loves hers.
I recommended it to my parents and they bought the SMax and love that too.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 12-Jul-14 11:56:05

Some of the ford Diesel engines of that era have DPFs which are prone to choking up depending on what sort of driving you do. They can be expensive to sort out.

If you do some Long distance, motorway type driving then its not a concern. If its mainly town driving, short journeys its worth thinking about and considering. I believe you can get them taken out for about £400.

Ive got a dpf on my diesel focus and it did nearly put me off. My brother reckoned I'd be ok as he said I do enough long journeys. He has a dpf on his focus and no problems.

Mine has a plug socket in the back! A PLUG SOCKET!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now