Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Wee, poo, phlegm and calling in sick.

(13 Posts)
acrabadabra Fri 11-Jul-14 21:18:27

I am not a troll.

I haven't nc'd but might do later.

I have a bad cold/flu thing going on. Feel really lousy. Have a temp and bouts of the trots along with a horrible, sore cough, aching muscles and head.

I thought I had a cast iron bladder even after 2 dc's. It turns out I don't blush When I cough, I keep wetting myself (or worse)
OMG, the shame blush blush blush

I'm pretty sure that I will not be fit enough for work tomorrow but, even if I am, I will still have a cough and I don't really want to be having this problem there. It is not possible for me to get to a toilet in time there.

A tena lady won't help before anyone suggests it.

Help please!!!

purplemurple1 Fri 11-Jul-14 21:21:22

I don't understand, why can't you just call in sick, you don't need to give the full details.

IAmAPaleontologist Fri 11-Jul-14 21:22:52

That must be some cough!

You have had the runs so for all your colleagues sakes you should stay off 48hrs from last time you had it anyway. Hopefully that will give you time to get over the cough.

Once recovered do your exercises grin wink

acrabadabra Sat 12-Jul-14 01:46:39

Can't sleep and now on the sofa as I'm keeping DH awake.

Been googling too. Add anxiety to my list of symptoms. Dr google suggests I've got pneumonia!!!

Why do these things always come to a head on a Fridayafter gps close.

I swear I never feel this shit on a Tuesday when I'm sick! Wtf is that about?!?

HildaOgden Sat 12-Jul-14 01:52:17

Sounds like gastric flu,take to the bed and stay there until it passes.Take as much fluids in as you can.

acrabadabra Sat 12-Jul-14 02:02:25

Have been sick too tonight but only phlegm (sorry) and I did eat dinner. Just had a spoonful of honey which has calmed my throat a little.

Wish I could stomach whiskey. My DDad would've recommended a hot toddy to get to sleep.

acrabadabra Sat 12-Jul-14 08:56:24

Phoned in sick sad My poor workmates. So short staffed and now a man down. Boss will be pissed.

DH taking dc out for the day to let me rest.

Wish I had someone to look after me. Definitely the worst thing about being an adult is having to take care of yourself when you get sick.

EnlightenedOwl Sat 12-Jul-14 10:17:07

Not much a doctor can do really unless you have any secondary symptoms which need attention. Sympathies I had a rotten cold thing last week felt a bit more than a cold really took two weeks to shift.

acrabadabra Sat 12-Jul-14 10:34:32

That's my thinking too Owl

Just wasting the docs time when it's probably just a cold.

Hate when they prescribe antibiotics. Give them away like sweeties.

acrabadabra Sat 12-Jul-14 10:34:49

That's my thinking too Owl

Just wasting the docs time when it's probably just a cold.

Hate when they prescribe antibiotics. Give them away like sweeties.

IAmAPaleontologist Sat 12-Jul-14 11:59:09

Don't let workmates/boss make you feel bad. If you went in and spread it around then the staffing issues would get a whole lot worse. Rest and recuperate.

Fluffyears Sat 12-Jul-14 12:10:53

My boss forced herself in with tonsillitis and an eye and ear infection. Half the staff went down with it and me and dp went away on holiday the following week and ended up with 3 days ruined by tonsillitis. I could've killed her! So at least you are keeping it contained.

acrabadabra Sat 12-Jul-14 16:56:55

Had a bath earlier. Too hot I think. Got out thinking I was going to pass out.

Slept a couple of hours.

Keep waking up with either cough or hearing myself crackle and wheeze. Then weeing myself a bit. At least the runs seem to have passed.

Think work tomorrow is going to be a washout too :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now