Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

So embarrassed...

(29 Posts)
DealForTheKids Fri 11-Jul-14 19:26:49

Just texted my boss instead of DP. I didn't even think that was possible to do on an iPhone!!!!!

Fuckkkkk.

It wasn't awful but I called him 'handsome' and asked what he wanted for dinner.

Please kill me now whilst I wait for a reply to my apologetic follow up..

Or alternatively, tell me your 'wrong number' stories so I don't feel like so much of an idiot?!

ARGH!

Pagwatch Fri 11-Jul-14 19:30:16

It's not a big deal is it?
It's not as if it was a naked selfie.

It wasn't a naked selfie was it ?

DealForTheKids Fri 11-Jul-14 19:33:59

blush of course not!

a couple more wines and that could have been different

It just feels like the grown up equivalent of calling your teacher "mum"...

RooCluckers Fri 11-Jul-14 19:34:38

My Dh had a text from our friend sue asking him to tell me to answer my phone, they are good friends and he text back 'will do when I finish washing my big cock and get out the bath!' (Which incidentally I think is totally inappropriate). Anyway turns out wasn't friend sue but my mother sue! He refused to see my parents for weeks!!!
So easy to mess up with texts and emails!! Hope this helps!!

I once text my boss asking 'are you around to help with baths tonight? Xxxx '

He text back saying that he had a conference call and he thought I could probably manage baths on my own grin

Mandy2003 Fri 11-Jul-14 19:40:24

The Toyboy had a phone with 2 sim cards. If he didn't respond on one I'd try the other. Then one day he said "You haven't been using x number have you? I gave that card to my mum..."

A quick check of my messages showed I hadn't sexted that one. Praise Jah!

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Fri 11-Jul-14 19:42:19

Ahahahahaha.

Sorry.

grin

Ilovenewts Fri 11-Jul-14 19:45:04

That's nothing. My friend sent her boss a photo of her DPs arse by accident !!!

DS was playing on the Xbox one evening at 11pm, I was soaking in the bath and txt him to say 'bedtime big boy, don't forget early start tomorrow' (he was 15)
Thing is I txt his sports Coach who has the same name, blush
Iv now put him under a different name on my phone!!

Pagwatch Fri 11-Jul-14 19:46:48

grin at sleepingbunnies

How do you accidentally get a picture of your dhs arse?

Pagwatch Fri 11-Jul-14 19:47:38

I so misunderstood that didn't I ?
grin

PopGoesTheWeeble Fri 11-Jul-14 19:50:38

I once text a friend complaining about my boyfriend at the time,referring to him flatteringly as "king arsey bastard". Except of course I sent the message to the boyfriend instead of my friend.

Bad enough, but I did the exact same thing with the next boyfriend when things got bit rough and I tried to text the same friend about new boyfriend!

Aliceinvodkaland Fri 11-Jul-14 19:51:17

did you say you would give him a blow job? if not don't worry, no harm done grin

DealForTheKids Fri 11-Jul-14 19:53:10

Oh these are helping! Sleeping that sounds like a sensible response from your boss...

So far no response! I am going to tell myself that he is busy, rather than drafting a dismissal for inappropriate behaviour...

DealForTheKids Fri 11-Jul-14 19:53:46

Hah Alice I did not! Sadly for DP that's not an option on tonight's menu

Aliceinvodkaland Fri 11-Jul-14 19:56:48

ha ha grin

Ilovenewts Fri 11-Jul-14 19:58:03

Yep ! She had the photo and accident,y sent to her boss...

Reasonable response but it didn't stop him taking the piss the next day smile

DealForTheKids Fri 11-Jul-14 20:01:12

Ohhh don't worry. I'm sure next week I'll be inundated with suggestions of what I should cook him for dinner!

This is almost as bad as the time that a colleague was collecting empty tissue boxes for his DS's project and a girl I work with responded " Deal has an empty box" and had to have the implication explained to her.. That one took months to shake off!

ApplebyMennym Fri 11-Jul-14 20:04:19

Back in my teenage years I was texting my boyfriend when I ran out of credit. Mum said I could use hers to say goodnight so I did, wrote a saucy (ish, by teen standards) message and sent it. Thought he'd realise so didn't tell him not to text back on that number. Then heard mum's phone beep from her room...
Thankfully I got to it before she did!

I'm 29 now and that still makes me cringe!

Dontgotosleep Fri 11-Jul-14 20:06:08

Me and D.p went shopping and he decided to wait in the car park while I went round and got a few bits, anyway I was about 20 mins in the supermarket and I walked back to the car got in and said. Let's go straight to bed when we get home without making eye contact and this strange man said erm you're in the wrong car in a dead serious voice. Poor bloke he must have though I was a right wierdo. Oh sorry I said I was mortified but I did see the funny side. I have now made a a very mental note of d.p registaration number.

Aliceinvodkaland Fri 11-Jul-14 20:09:26

i tell you what haunts me you know in the old days someone could pick up the phone and listen well i was talkiing dirty to a boyfriend and my dad listened in!!!

Aliceinvodkaland Fri 11-Jul-14 20:09:56

oh my god blush

Aliceinvodkaland Fri 11-Jul-14 20:10:30

breakfast wa sawkward i tell you !!! grin

Aliceinvodkaland Fri 11-Jul-14 20:10:44

was awkward

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now