Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Pig's head on the front lawn...

(25 Posts)
Whatsounddoesagiraffemake Fri 11-Jul-14 19:26:47

... in the middle of the afternoon!

Bit of background, last week I came home from work at lunchtime to find a hideous mess of a baby deer (or muntjac?) in the back garden. We assumed it was put there by the family of foxes we see traipsing through our garden at dusk every night. We chucked it in the hedge (stiff as a board so dead for a while) but we were still slightly perplexed by its daytime arrival!

Today DH has come home to find a pig's head (possibly cooked?) on the front lawn. It definitely wasn't there at lunchtime when I got home. We live in a VERY suburban street (think hedge trimming with nail scissiors) so this is unusual to say the least! There are no restaurants or rubbish dumps nearby so even if it was deposited there by a fox, surely someone must have seen in dragging it down the road in brand daylight. A quick chat with the neighbours revealed that no one had seen a thing and that given the size of it a fox would have struggled.

We have no gripes with anyone, in fact we're moving shortly as our landlords have sold our house. I've called 101 as I didn't know who else to call. (I'll call the council when they open on Monday about the bloody foxes.) I have a police reference in case is happens again but I'm completely bamboozled. The police operator and I joked that maybe an eagle or albatross deposited it as it falling from the sky seems as possible as anything else right now!

Anyone got any ideas as to how/why it might be there or experienced anything similar?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 11-Jul-14 19:27:42

Have you checked your bed for a horses head?

MissMilbanke Fri 11-Jul-14 19:29:01

Are you Italian ?

Sorry I have no idea but my son would bloody love both those skulls to add to his collection <wierd>

MotleyCroup Fri 11-Jul-14 19:30:35

Cat? Stray dog? from a neighbours bin? Anyone recently had a hog roast deposited head in bin bag and it's been dragged out by some creature? <clutching at straws> confused

Easycare Fri 11-Jul-14 19:31:14

The first time I went to stay at my friend's new house in very respectable Leigh-on-sea we found a pig's head in the gutter outside her house. A raw one. We never found out why. The kids loved looking at it!

Whatsounddoesagiraffemake Fri 11-Jul-14 19:31:57

No horse's heads or Italian relatives... Also they're not skulls yet! Just hideous and rotting covered with flies... the sort of thing my ds would happily poke with a stick for hours!

ThatBloodyWoman Fri 11-Jul-14 19:33:29

I reckon its a creature of some sort dragged it from a bin bag.
Only reasonable explanation.

HarrietSchulenberg Fri 11-Jul-14 19:34:17

You don't have students or young "practical joker" types nearby, do you? I know of some students who put a pigs head in their friend's toilet in a hall of residence. Friend didn't find it but the cleaner did: she nearly had heart failure when she opened the door to clean the bog and found a manky swine head looking at her knees.

Just wondered if someone had obtained it with the intention of playing a prank but had dumped it on the way home.

Idontseeanyicegiants Fri 11-Jul-14 19:36:31

Fox or badger pulled something out of the waste from a local butcher? It might have been too heavy for them to pull any further..
<anybody else want to hold onto the straws I'm clutching at?>

Aliama Fri 11-Jul-14 19:36:57

Hmm, DH's old alsation brought a sheep's head home once (North London).

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 11-Jul-14 19:37:11

Are you Muslim?

VerityWaves Fri 11-Jul-14 19:38:58

That all sounds very wicker man grin

AgaPanthers Fri 11-Jul-14 19:41:02

Are you Jewish?

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Fri 11-Jul-14 19:43:24

Does someone have a thing with your landlord?

Was it 'placed' there or just lying about?

settingsitting Fri 11-Jul-14 19:43:29

Your husband's joke?

MummyBeerest Fri 11-Jul-14 19:43:29

snort eagle from the sky. The only time the poor pig got to fly!

TheBlahWitchProject Fri 11-Jul-14 19:45:42

Have you had any recent 'doings' with the mafia ? hmm maybe you should speak to Scorsese or De Niro ....maybe you could speak via twitter ?

I was going to ask if you are Jewish or Muslim, but others beat me to it.

Very odd indeed. No mortal enemies or ancient family curses you're not sharing with us OP?

Whatsounddoesagiraffemake Fri 11-Jul-14 19:53:50

Hmm... Not Muslim or Jewish nor are any of my neighbours. No ongoing mafia interactions nor family funds. Am warming to the hogs roast theory. It's possible that a nearby school might have had one at their fete a couple of weeks ago... but I suspect their bins might have been emptied by now....

There was a woman in our local paper doing The Daily Mail sad face recently because pigs heads had been put on her lawn. Is it a new thing that dickheads do?

VodkaJelly Fri 11-Jul-14 20:16:15

A woman round my way had 3 pigs heads put under her kitchen windowsill, she had been away for a few days and came home to that. It only made the local paper as she wanted the council to come and empty her bins (because of the pigs heads) but they wouldnt and her bin was crawling with maggots. She doesnt have a clue who did it or why

settingsitting Fri 11-Jul-14 21:43:42

Dare we ask then, roughly where you live?

ShutTheFuckUpBarbara Fri 11-Jul-14 22:10:11

And the prize for most intriguing thread title of the day goes to...

deakymom Fri 11-Jul-14 22:39:01

my cat brought home a couple of roast dinners in his time could it be one who got tired?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now