Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Would this annoy you?

(33 Posts)
Nirvana1979 Fri 11-Jul-14 19:20:04

H has just been brought to the door by a colleague absolutely leg less. He's been at work all day but obviously stopped off for a few hundred drinks. I don't mind him getting drunk as he hardly drinks but it's just pissed me off.

I've been here all day with dc's and was looking forward to some adult conversation.

Oh and I'm working all day tomorrow so he's here with the dc's. He promised youngest dc that he'd take her swimming and to the park but the state he's in I can't see him doing anything.

And to add insult to injury he's lying on the bed still in work clothes covered in tar shock

Lilaclily Fri 11-Jul-14 19:23:53

shock

what time did he start drinking?

I'm guessing he doesnt drink often unless he left work at 1pm?

If it's a one off it wouldn't bother me it's normally the other way round in this house smile

Ludways Fri 11-Jul-14 19:44:03

One off, no wouldn't bother me.

ThatBloodyWoman Fri 11-Jul-14 19:44:25

So long as it isn't every Friday, just see it as him owing you one.

whitepuddingsupper Fri 11-Jul-14 19:45:39

Yeah I'd be pissed off if he doesn't make good on his promise to take DD out tomorrow.

I'd be a bit taken aback but not annoyed as such. He needs to take his daughter swimming etc though.

NatashaBee Fri 11-Jul-14 19:50:52

If he hardly drinks then maybe the drink went to his head a bit more than he expected has happened to me before when I drink something other than my regular drink. I think insisting that he carries on with tomorrow's planned activities will be punishment enough, can't imagine having to go swimming with a hangover.

Nirvana1979 Fri 11-Jul-14 19:51:02

Yeah it's once in a blue moon. He usually finishes at 3.30pm on a Friday so must have been quite a session.

Also just remembered he's to take the car for MOT in the morning. Hopefully he has sobered up by then..,

ApplebyMennym Fri 11-Jul-14 20:14:39

It would be very out of character for my DH so I'd probably be more concerned than annoyed! It would piss me off if he shirked tomorrow though, you drink that much you're fully responsible for the ensuing hangover!

iklboo Fri 11-Jul-14 20:18:44

Could his mates have spiked his drink 'for a laugh'? He'd have had to have been going some to get having to be brought home legless since 3:30. wink

Icelollycraving Fri 11-Jul-14 20:20:48

It took me a while to assume he is a road layer man (is it a tarmacadam or have I just made that up?) I was thinking holy shit,he must have been shitfaced for them to tar him blush

NatashaBee Fri 11-Jul-14 20:34:24

Depending on how many units he's had, I'd be wary about him driving tomorrow morning - he may still be over the limit.

Nirvana1979 Fri 11-Jul-14 20:49:24

grin icelolly, yes he works with tar. I've just been into the bedroom and it stinks of tar. I just put clean sheets on the bed today sad

He can always take the car on Sunday. I'm going to take it to work so he can't take it tomorrow.

MissMilbanke Fri 11-Jul-14 20:51:28

Sounds like a one off. It wouldn't bother me.

There for the grave of god and all that ...

Icelollycraving Fri 11-Jul-14 20:54:39

The clean sheets being dirty would really piss me off more than drunkenness.

Nirvana1979 Fri 11-Jul-14 21:04:35

Yeah I was looking forward to getting into a freshly laundered bed tonight.

As long as he doesn't wake up and piss on the kitchen floor like after his stag do. Then he'll here me!

Nirvana1979 Fri 11-Jul-14 21:05:05

hear

ShakeYourTailFeathers Fri 11-Jul-14 21:06:52

hmm yeah the sheets would annoy me too - can you strip him off? The dirty bits at least. You can leave his pants on grin

Icelollycraving Fri 11-Jul-14 21:37:29

God I wouldn't be touching tar. I would however be getting him to change the bed linen tomorrow.

Deverethemuzzler Fri 11-Jul-14 21:41:20

I would roll my eyes an tut a bit and then make the most of it when he had sobered up grin

Keep referring to that time he got drunk, came home and did all that stuff . Don't tell him what he did, just keep alluding to it mysteriously grin

RudyMentary Fri 11-Jul-14 21:44:38

Wouldn't bother me.

Although it's more like the kind of thing I would do not DH grin

Nirvana1979 Fri 11-Jul-14 21:57:17

He's just pissed out the bedroom window. I'm disgusted. I heard some movement coming from the room so went through and he's stood there pissing out the window. I said ' you're pissjng out the window, What are you doing?' Then I just kept repeating it. I despair.

RudyMentary Fri 11-Jul-14 22:01:16

Could be worse ......

Icelollycraving Fri 11-Jul-14 22:03:27

Oh my. I'd be furious. Who saw?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now