Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Oh good - reports on FB have started

(81 Posts)
Sleepswithbutterflies Fri 11-Jul-14 17:20:25

Someone I know has just posted a photograph of their child's report. Complete with bar graph showing their child's progress vs national average (child obviously ahead).

Someone else has out a photograph of their child's reception report showing how they are 'exceeding' in some ELG and expected in all others.

Saying 'I'm very proud of my child and they've worked really hard' is all good.
Putting photographs of reports = step too far IMO. Which I realise doesn't count for much but still.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Fri 11-Jul-14 17:21:55

yes just been given a run down too. its so personal, tell you family but not your whole contact list.

SuburbanRhonda Fri 11-Jul-14 17:22:30

Which is why I'm so pleased not to be on Facebook, amongst about a million other reasons smile

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Fri 11-Jul-14 17:25:01

People have too much time on their hands.

DS had a really good report - never occured to me to punlish it though.

grin

ShatnersBassoon Fri 11-Jul-14 17:25:23

It's very boring, isn't it? I'm sure people only do it too encourage others to do the same so they can compare. They can't genuinely think that anybody other than close family cares about their children's academic progress and general wonderful attitude to learning.

Sleepswithbutterflies Fri 11-Jul-14 17:26:27

I understand people are proud - it's nice to be proud.
But surely a general proud status would suffice. I don't need to see bar graphs and pie charts.

ShatnersBassoon Fri 11-Jul-14 17:27:43

Excuse the spelling error. I've burnt the tip of my index finger and my phone doesn't like its new smoothness grin

WannabeMrsJoshHomme Fri 11-Jul-14 17:28:32

goodness, how weirdly competitive! I mean, my DD's report is probably the best in her class but I don't need to broadcast it!

In all seriousness though, I agree, photos?! are taking the proud parent thing to a whole new unnecessary level.

lucysmam Fri 11-Jul-14 17:34:29

Wow, it'd never occur to me to upload pics to fb! I'll text my dad and PIL later to let them know that dd1 is doing very well (and even better in some areas) but not broadcast the whole lot on fb.

I bet they miss out the "could do better" bits too....

thatstoast Fri 11-Jul-14 17:36:40

I'm thinking of posting one for my 5m old. Gold star for pooing!

IneedAwittierNickname Fri 11-Jul-14 17:37:37

Yep my facebook seems to e full of them too, I'm ver proud of ds1s report (at the expected level in every subject) and equallypproud of ds2s (2-3 sublevls ahead in everything).
I told them to their faces though!

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Fri 11-Jul-14 17:44:47

Gold star for pooing?

You need to post a picture of the actual poo as well.

Stick the gold star on the poo. Facebook will love that. Especialy now it's dinner time.

iseenodust Fri 11-Jul-14 17:46:36

I gave DS a hug & told his grandparents.

I understand sharing reports, but why the photos? Do they think people won't believe them or something?

Still, it's only FB, where people post what's on their minds and we do choose our Friends on there after all.

SuburbanRhonda Fri 11-Jul-14 17:52:44

People are boasting on here, too, so maybe it's not so surprising they do it on FB.

usualsuspectt Fri 11-Jul-14 17:56:21

Maybe you could hide them.

Or delete them if they annoy you that much.

balia Fri 11-Jul-14 17:58:16

Never mind FB, my uber-competitive SIL has been on the phone twice, wanting to know what my DS got (she has a DD just slightly younger). Am fobbing her off as don't want to deal with the fall-out! Can anyone think of any further excuses I can make after they break up on Tuesday?

Is it boasting to be proud of what your DC have achieved, Rhonda?

There's no harm in being proud.

usualsuspectt Fri 11-Jul-14 17:59:03

You just did broadcast it, wannabe. grin

Nice stealth boast there.

usualsuspectt Fri 11-Jul-14 18:00:18

I'm all for a bit of boasting and being proud of your kids though.

WannabeMrsJoshHomme Fri 11-Jul-14 18:00:48

ahhh I was joking grin - she did do well but there were a few 'needs to focus more' type comments in there!

OwlCapone Fri 11-Jul-14 18:02:51

I am more bored with the people whining about "boasting" than I am with seeing parents who are proud of their children.

grin at wannabes comment!

usualsuspectt Fri 11-Jul-14 18:05:32

People like to whine about FB.

There will be loads of threads in the coming weeks about people posting their holiday pictures on FB.

WannabeMrsJoshHomme Fri 11-Jul-14 18:06:44

grin

I miss facebook sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now