Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

mushy pea curry??

(9 Posts)
mrsdicko90 Fri 11-Jul-14 13:19:27

Heard lots about this.

How do I make it?

mrsdicko90 Fri 11-Jul-14 14:01:36

No one?

TalcumPowder Fri 11-Jul-14 14:04:53

I have to say I assumed it involved going to the nearest chip shop, getting one tub of that runny curry sauce they do, and another of mushy peas, and mixing them, before slopping the disgusting lot on your chips....?

Is it actually a thing?

mrsdicko90 Fri 11-Jul-14 14:07:02

Yeah its a slimming world meal lol x

Bluestocking Fri 11-Jul-14 14:12:31

No naked flames, and make sure you open the windows .....

NapoleonsNose Fri 11-Jul-14 14:16:26

I've made it several times for SW recipes. As far as I can remember you need two tins of mushy peas, one tin of baked beans, curry powder, onion, tin of chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper. Fry the onion until soft, add the rest of the ingredients. Mix together and heat through. I used to puree mine a bit so it was more like the chip shop version. Its really nice poured over a pile of chips (sw ones of course!)

worriedabouttheboy Fri 11-Jul-14 14:27:03

I love mushy pea curry! Tin of mushy peas, tin of chopped tomatoes, pour into a dish and puree them together along with some curry spices.

In a pan cook some onions, mushrooms, chicken, veg, whatever you like in your curry. Pour over your curry sauce and simmer for a bit. Lush!

Furball Fri 11-Jul-14 14:44:29

this video takes you through the recipe smile

Abilly72 Fri 11-Jul-14 18:57:30

wonderful recipe -can use pasta as alternate to rice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now