Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Amanda Holden. New This Morning Presenter

(78 Posts)
WaitMonkey Thu 10-Jul-14 23:11:58

She's going 2 be covering Holly when she goes on Mat leave, I've just read on Twitter. What do we think ? I actually like her.Much better than Christine Blakely.

SiennaBlake Thu 10-Jul-14 23:17:11

Nooooo. How can itv do this to me?

StampyIsMyBoyfriend Thu 10-Jul-14 23:18:17

Urgh

306235388 Thu 10-Jul-14 23:19:03

She's ok. Annoying but then so is Holly W.

austenozzy Thu 10-Jul-14 23:19:25

I'm sure she's lovely but I can't warm to her. I can't see her as coming across as sincere. She'll probably have one eye on the monitor to make sure her hair is in place instead of engaging with guests. Hope I'm wrong, but I'll be working anyway so will not find out!

WaitMonkey Thu 10-Jul-14 23:20:06

Apparently she is "popular with ITV viewers". It's in an article by the Mirrors tv reporter, so I'm assuming it's true. Being announced officially tomorrow.

DiscoDancer Thu 10-Jul-14 23:20:13

Oh great hmm. I think she is just awful at presenting, doing comedy, comes across as so fake. I rarely dislike any TV personalities but there is something about her that makes me want to switch channels. Oh well, might get some decluttering and cleaning done around the house then!

WaitMonkey Thu 10-Jul-14 23:21:07

I love HW and want to be her friend. blush

OorWullie Thu 10-Jul-14 23:24:33

Can't stand her, can't imagine her being sincere at all when they are covering sensitive subjects or indeed having any chemistry with Phillip. She's wooden.

Love Holly though smile

AlfieandAnnieRose Thu 10-Jul-14 23:26:39

Out of interest who would you all have preferred? I do like Holly W, she comes across as down to earth and isn't afraid to laugh at herself. She's good on celeb juice too

AlfieandAnnieRose Thu 10-Jul-14 23:27:42

I mean preferred to cover Holly on her leave

SiennaBlake Thu 10-Jul-14 23:28:05

I would have quite fancied them trying someone new for a change. We need more presenters I think.

Mrsjayy Thu 10-Jul-14 23:35:48

She did it years ago when somebody was on holiday I liked her holly isnt that sincere tbh but she is a nice presenter I like Ruth and eamon she would have been a good stand in or emma willis

lemonwelly Thu 10-Jul-14 23:42:17

Rumours had it was going to be emma willis. Can't stand Amanda finder her very annoying

Mandatorymongoose Fri 11-Jul-14 00:06:46

She claps like a sea lion on bgt.

Darkesteyes Fri 11-Jul-14 00:31:10

She and Les Dennis presented it together many years ago for about a week I think ....when they were still married.

People who watch ITV like her!

That's probably why I watch Heir Hunters and Homes Under the Hammer.

NickiFury Fri 11-Jul-14 00:56:19

I can't stand her but I don't watch it anyway so thankfully will not be affected.

fackinell Fri 11-Jul-14 01:07:21

Noooo!! She's so fake and up her own arse. What was she even famous for anyway? Shagging Bob the Builder behind Les Dennis' back?

Holly is OK but a bit of a smuglet (still not a patch on myleene- pain in the- Klass though wink)
OH wants to give HW one.

I say Coleen Nolan, she's down to earth, could see her with Phil.

Yambabe Fri 11-Jul-14 01:57:08

Bring back Fern!

""What was she even famous for anyway? ""

She was brilliant in the Arab series "Wild at Heart", then was changed (by her manager), which was a shame.

I like her, I liked her comments especially to Susan Boyle and other acts that the audience and Piers Morgan are waiting to take the piss out of.

She isn't creepy to fit younger men, either, unlike a lot of " older", but attractive, women, especially Kylie Monogue on the The Voice.

Arab? Sorry autocorrect, TV Series.

HouseofEliot Fri 11-Jul-14 06:36:40

No not keen she seems false.

Love Holly. Bring back Fern she used to make me laugh out loud.

WaitMonkey Fri 11-Jul-14 07:41:02

I would have liked Emma Willis, Collen Nolen or Fearne back. Really like Ruth. Can't stand thingy Whitmore or the blonde Scottish lady they sometimes have in the hub. Really don't think JLS man and Rochelle are any good as presenters. Don't actually mind AH. She used to be a good actress, but doesn't domuch any more.

Sparklingbrook Fri 11-Jul-14 07:46:35

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now