Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Lidl black truffle filled pasta

(25 Posts)
0pheliaBalls Thu 10-Jul-14 20:41:10

...is the tits. I'm eating a plate of it right now and had to share.

Only 99p, too grin

BalconyBill Thu 10-Jul-14 20:42:42

Ooooh, sounds delicious! Have you got anything with it? Garlic oil?

0pheliaBalls Thu 10-Jul-14 20:47:25

Just butter, dash of olive oil, parmesan and a few bits of chopped chilli. It doesn't need much, it's so full flavoured!

BalconyBill Thu 10-Jul-14 20:48:43

<works out where nearest Lidl is>

Very important question - does it contain milk? [hopeful]

PeoniesforMissAnnersley Thu 10-Jul-14 22:03:07

I second quietbatperson - does it contain milk <looks anxious>

I loved this too

0pheliaBalls Thu 10-Jul-14 22:05:52

Just checked the ingredients and sorry, it does contain milk sad

0pheliaBalls Thu 10-Jul-14 22:06:48

Stealth it's bloody gorgeous isn't it. They don't always have it in though so when I do I buy loads and freeze it.

querolos Thu 10-Jul-14 22:08:41

Quick buy it now - its part of Italian week which has now finished!! I agree it's delicious, as are the pizzas - salami and pesto better than any frozen pizza I've ever had

Fannydabbydozey Thu 10-Jul-14 22:12:59

Don't eat it all..... I CANT GET THERE UNTIL SATURDAY

Yes I jave started a similar thread smile

Etah Thu 10-Jul-14 22:16:44

Oh no. Went to Lidl yesterday and missed it. Looks like I have to go there again...which aisle?

0pheliaBalls Thu 10-Jul-14 22:35:21

Fridge aisle Etah, with the 'fancier' stuff (not with the regular filled pasta). With the nice cheese and antipasti (also gorgeous).

I have four packs in the fridge... Might have to go back tomorrow because I'm suffering running low on truffle pasta anxiety grin

Why do they only have it sometimes?! Usually for special occasions - last time they had it was Fathers Day, weirdly. Was BOGOF then too, sigh.

Is it normal to be this excited about pasta?

Etah Thu 10-Jul-14 22:38:45

Stop. You are making me hungry.

Anyone bought the XXL peanut thingy?
Tried at my friends house and now we are not speaking anymore because she didn't buy it for me and it is now all gone.

coqdargent Thu 10-Jul-14 22:43:47

Oooo off tomorrow I. Hope I can stock up sounds amazing! Love lidl. Mostly for the wine.......grin

Fannydabbydozey Thu 10-Jul-14 22:44:33

STOP IT!

My lidle isn't big enough for this loveliness. I just know it.

Etah Thu 10-Jul-14 22:46:54

Why do they not do delivery like any other supermarket?

0pheliaBalls Thu 10-Jul-14 22:52:35

Etah because there's nothing left after I've been in there, that's why grin

They had the Suddenly Diamonds perfume in today as well, it's yummy. And their version of Twix, Mars and Bounty are bloody delicious and 9p. NINE PEE. I luffs Lidl, me grin

fizzly Thu 10-Jul-14 22:55:53

Because every other supermarket loses market on delivery but have convinced themselves that they will sink into the floor (from a brand perspective) if they don't participate. I think Lidl and Aldi have wisely decided to focus on making money from stores - and recent news coverage suggests this is the right decision.

fizzly Thu 10-Jul-14 22:56:18

loses money on delivery

not 'market' sorry!

querolos Thu 10-Jul-14 22:58:38

I actually enjoy shopping in lidl

It was making me anxious and depressed shopping in sainsbury and Tesco and sometimes waitrose as everything seemed more and more expensive

Lidl is a joy

Etah Thu 10-Jul-14 23:22:23

I love shopping there too, mine local one is small but I managed to go round and round and spend loads of time there.

But I don't drive and it is far and doesn't stock all of the yummiest things...and to make it worse I was wait over half an hour when I try to get a cab to get me from there.

You see, I either plan in advance and go there with my granny's trolley (or lots of patience to wait for the cab) or just pop for a few items and leave with lots of bags not knowing exactly how Am I going to carry all the suff and praying for the bags not to burst before I get home..

Ohhelpohnoitsa Fri 11-Jul-14 19:15:00

what's the xxl peanut thingy???

Etah Fri 11-Jul-14 23:12:17

It is a big bag of coated peanut. You can't eat only a few. That is why comes in a XXL bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now