Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

What are the top 5 things you'd never do again if you won the lottery

(85 Posts)
Hurr1cane Thu 10-Jul-14 17:54:20

So today was strike day. Me and DS have walked 4.4 miles to the park and back with his bike, done the front and back gardens, cleaned the car, then he went off to his grandads for tea so I've just blitzed the entire downstairs and I'm just about to head upstairs to see what the situation is there. I'm assuming it will be dire.

It got me thinking about what I'd never do again if I could afford to pay someone to do it. My order would be

1. Gardening.
2. Car cleaning.
3. House cleaning.
4. Ironing.
5. Making beds. I HATE putting duvet covers on with a passion and I have to change DSs sheets daily.

I'm off to clean now while fantasising about a cleaner wink

1. Teach
2. Put washing away.
3. Hoover the stairs. (Don't mind other cleaning!)
4. Drive
5. Decorate

JustSquirted Thu 10-Jul-14 17:56:32

Work.
Clean anything.
Wash anything.
Tidy up anything.
Cook anything.

I probably wouldn't do anything ever again!

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Thu 10-Jul-14 17:56:46

Cleaning
Ironing
Think twice about buying nice over budget
Work for money
Live in a house that is too small

stillenacht1 Thu 10-Jul-14 17:57:47

1. Washing
2.Ironing
3. Let autism restrict our lives
4. Work as a classroom teacher
5. Change poo filled nappies of my nearly 11 year oldhmm

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 10-Jul-14 18:00:05

Clean
Work
Garden
Put up with dp
Live in my too small, DIY nightmare house

I'd have a likely huge house with custom built rabbit enclosure, dog agility course (for a dog I'd get) and never see kids in said massive house and massive garden wink

hyperhops Thu 10-Jul-14 18:00:23

diy and decorating
laundry(especially putting washing away)
mow the lawn (like other gardening though)
take rubbish to the tip
grocery shopping

acrabadabra Thu 10-Jul-14 18:01:55

1. Work weekends
2. Clean
3. Be fat. I'd have a personal trainer.
4. Shop for clothes until I was thinner.
5. Decorate.

1. Decorating
2 .Lawn mowing
3. Oven cleaning
4. Ironing
5. I'd have a chauffeur and never wait for a bus ever again yay

Scotsfairy Thu 10-Jul-14 18:07:11

Mmmmm surprisingly tough one!

1. Clean - especially cleaning toilets/bathrooms
2. Ironing - don't mind the laundering but HATE the ironing!
3. Travel on the Tube during the rush hour - taxi!
4. Fly budget airlines out of necessity - small amount more money=no mad scramble for seats plus free gin!
5. Cook - a personal chef would be hired to provide delicious food…..and then clean up afterwards.

sigh

FeministStar Thu 10-Jul-14 18:07:27

1. Cleaning
2. Ironing
3. Shopping
4. Paid employment
5. Go hungry

Spottybra Thu 10-Jul-14 18:07:42

Miss out on having a holiday.
Drive long distances or in rush hour traffic.
Garden.
Plan a party - I'd get someone in to do it for me everytime.
Grocery shopping.

I'd definately get a housekeeper and Gardner. Might baulk at a nanny though. I don't mind cooking the odd meal.

Hurr1cane Thu 10-Jul-14 18:08:01

Changing poo filled nappies hmm I hate that as well, but I do hate other things more, like when he whips his poo filled nappy off and sits on my bathroom floor grinning about how clever he is.

I've decided to trade bed making for decorating though. I paint when I absolutely have to and make a proper hash of it sad

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Thu 10-Jul-14 18:09:05

Clean the bathroom
Fly long haul economy
Actually, cleaning altogether!
Work for someone else
Gardening

stillenacht1 Thu 10-Jul-14 18:09:27

Hurr1cane 15 years of it now as DS1 had only just got out of nappies when DS2 came alonghmm I am sick of my house smelling of poo!

Hurr1cane Thu 10-Jul-14 18:10:39

On the subject of nappies, I'd get one of those machines like a massive changing mat that you can put DS on and then press a button and it lifts him to my height and I can change him without hurting my back or risking a swift kick to the face

tilliebob Thu 10-Jul-14 18:11:02

Teach
Pay a mortgage
Dread waking up in the morning
Spend valuable family time working
Worry about how long the dcs spend in the shower

sausagefortea Thu 10-Jul-14 18:11:20

- Go back to my current job
Paint my own house
Gardening (except for nice pottering in already pristine and gorgeous garden)

1. Work, yeeha!
2. Cleaning/Ironing
3. Fly economy
4. Decorate
5. Live in a place I don't like

<dreams>

Hurr1cane Thu 10-Jul-14 18:13:01

Stillenaught, even though I put the poo nappies straight in the outside bin I'm convinced that the poo smell lingers forever hmm and I feel like I know far too much about what goes into DSs mouth as well, I found a little bit of a balloon in one the other day shock

I couldn't even ask him about it because he wouldn't have remembered

MaureenMLove Thu 10-Jul-14 18:13:06

1. Never worry when I open the Barclays app on my phone
2. Never look in the freezer to see what's left for tea
3. Never say, 'wait until payday'
4. Never window shop
5. Never spend the last 3 days before payday running the car on fumes!

GraduallyGoneInsane Thu 10-Jul-14 18:13:54

1. Travel cattle class on the worlds worst, most overcrowded trains (yes Transpennine Express, congratulations, that's you!)
2. Drive myself anywhere. I hate driving.
3. Try something fantastic on which makes me feel great, then put it back and hope it ends up in the sale at some future date.
4. Iron.
5. Wear polyester.

1- answer phones to obnoxious bastards who treat you like shit and are grateful for nothing, and usually come with unrealistic expectations of their 'value' to a company and the compensation they 'deserve' ( bad day in workhmm)
2 buy cheap clothes- I'd never look at peacocks/ George/ f and f again. I like it, but long for the good quality beautiful clothes I can't afford
3 buy anything ever from Argos / ikea- it's cheap crap that doesn't last but when you can't afford to save for lack of having a thing you have to settle for it
4 Hard gardening- I like pottering and planting, pruning but currently need to clear the garden and sort the soil- back breaking time taking crappy work
5 Have any less than 5 real Christmas trees in the house through december- I have a very big house and would love a fresh tree in the living room, kitchen and each bedroom - I even know where each tree would go- but the cost makes this impossible - such extravagant and unnecessary cost could only be justified by the seriously rich.

FauxFox Thu 10-Jul-14 18:15:33

I quite like everything I do...I can only think of two:

1. Pay rent (because I would buy a house)
2. Miss out on theatre/concerts/festivals/other exciting trips

susiedaisy Thu 10-Jul-14 18:16:09

Try to make meals out of what's left in the freezer rather than what id like to eat.

Work in a job where I feel so physically drained when I get home I can't even speak

Live in the house that I had when I was married.

Drive a shitty car

Lie awake at night worrying about money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now