Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

And so it begins.. the school report facebook boasting season

(64 Posts)
FusilliJerry Thu 10-Jul-14 17:51:09

No one posts a bad report, do they?grin
Dd1's was what i expected, (see, no stealth boasting!), but it's like a bloody race to who can post the best first here. 2 hours out of school and there's 2 up already.
I'm happy that people are proud of their children, really I am, but I have 7 seasons of primary boasting to go, and the cynic inside me won't last. Plus dd2 joins the fray next year, so I'll be double whammied.
I'm tempted to make up a comedy one.

CheeryName Thu 10-Jul-14 17:52:14

Aw hun but ppl are sooooooooooooo proud of there littluns.

I did a silly one.

ChunkyPickle Thu 10-Jul-14 17:54:35

ROFL - I haven't seen any yet - if it helps, DS1's used the word 'determined' a lot (definitely a euphemism for stubborn) and spoke about his lovely smile (which he has, but feels like grasping for positives)

Of course I read it with a huge smile on my face - they clearly have a lot of affection for him and know him well smile

FusilliJerry Thu 10-Jul-14 17:55:40

Don't start me on all the hunning...

13Stitches Thu 10-Jul-14 17:57:34

I don't have to endure this (yet) but surely the usual fb rules apply: hide offending posts, unfriend (or unfollow) offending posters. Same as we all did with European Election idiots.

I am so proud of dd1, she is the best child in the class and far superior to all the minion classmates of hers, cleverist, mostt sporting and of course most beautiful, in fact she has captured the teachers heart and I now have to fight for custody with her as she wants her for her own.
As if this pride wasnt enough dd2 has actually performed brain surgery while capturing the hearts of the school with her outstanding performance as the lead in all the school plays ever and I have to battle for custody with everybody who has ever met her as they want her rather than their own children.
Both teachers said they would never have their own children as obviously they would be a disapointment after meeting the wonder that is mini ditas.
True that!

FusilliJerry Thu 10-Jul-14 17:59:22

I love that,*Dita*!

Taz1212 Thu 10-Jul-14 18:01:52

If you'd like some balance, I could tell you all about how my DS really doesn't like working as part of a team <as in, he was so excited his class had an odd number so he could beg the teacher to let him work alone this year whenever there was pairs work hmm > grin

scotchtikidoll Thu 10-Jul-14 18:02:05

Hmm, I wonder if people think I hate my child because I never post any photos or statuses about him? Maybe they think I lied about having a child haha. You'd think it is a law, having every little poo nugget in the potty documented, or indeed every school report. I get that people are proud, but don't they realise that no-one (outside of grandparents, aunts and uncles) cares much that little Johnny's teacher says that his attendance/ fingerpainting/ ability to tie his laces is amazing? If the child is in their first few years of primary, I think it is a given that they will be mostly praised in their report tbh.

Yes to a comedy report!

Sparklingbrook Thu 10-Jul-14 18:05:36

I'm not on FB. With each thread about it i know I have made the right decision to not bother.

My Mum came round today. She read DS2's school report-the actual paper printed one. <old fashioned>

It can now go in the loft with the last 6 from previous years.

usualsuspectt Thu 10-Jul-14 18:06:15

They do it to annoy people who moan about FB all the time.

I mean how dare they use their FB in a way that suits them.

usualsuspectt Thu 10-Jul-14 18:07:24

Most people on FB actually like it, Sparky.

It's only the miserable sods on MN who moan about it.

OwlCapone Thu 10-Jul-14 18:07:53

I'm happy that people are proud of their children, really I am

Well, you have a funny way of showing it. Whenever anyone shows pride in their children they are accused of boasting. It's shit.

Actually thinking about it I tend to post something really nice about the dc when they are particularly pissing me off, like a way of hiding from the world that I am less than perfect in the motherhood stakes.

Sparklingbrook Thu 10-Jul-14 18:10:59

I love using DS1's account to poke about on FB usual. grin

CheeryName Thu 10-Jul-14 18:11:09

My DC don't want me to mention them on facebook, they like their online privacy!

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 10-Jul-14 18:14:35

Oh, I did this weeks ago as I am in Scotland, I included photos of the report and of dd opening the clothes she got as a gift.
I'm not joking either.
I have posted a photo of my dinner tonight too.

CointreauVersial Thu 10-Jul-14 18:21:49

If it's any consolation, DS's report was terrible.

Sparklingbrook Thu 10-Jul-14 18:23:31

What would happen if you stuck a terrible school report on FB? would you get any sympathy or anything? Would people 'Like' it?

OnesEnough Thu 10-Jul-14 18:27:29

Love that DITA!

I've got a friend who tells me ALL THE TIME how CEREBRAL her 7 year old is. Just don't get all this constant showing off.

she actually uses the word cerebral, I am not a violent person but I think I would have to punch her.

Lilaclily Thu 10-Jul-14 18:31:18

I can't imagine a terrible school report though
Don't the teachers turn every negative into a positive ?
Ie your child is very sociable means I wish they'd stop fecking chatting
Your child is very creative = the lying should really stop grin

scrappydappydoo Thu 10-Jul-14 18:33:47

I don't get it - dds report tells me nothing. Just loads to cut and paste sentences and a generic comment at the end. Basically neutral so I get really confused when people from her school post about an amazing report.

Deverethemuzzler Thu 10-Jul-14 18:35:59

I usually hate any hint of Loud Parenting but these don't bother me at all.

I occasionally have to grit my teeth because one of mine has significant SN and it can all get a bit heavy at this time of year. But thats my issue really.
Its a bit weird, this sort of disconnect (not sure thats the right term) on MN. Half the threads are pearl clutchy about adults not being positive enough about their DCs, looking a screen rather than gazing at their child, occasionally shouting or <gasp> swearing at a DC calls for SS intervention, not knowing what reading level they are on is the sign of a totally uninterested parent....
but if anyone is stupidly proud of their offspring it makes everyone cringe.

Its nice to be stupidly proud of your DCs. A bit of silly boasting on FB doesn't hurt

BalloonSlayer Thu 10-Jul-14 18:37:16

Very organised = bossy, constantly telling teacher what to do

"is beginning to" = cannot do whatever it is at all

Spirited = almighty pain in the ringpiece

Attention to detail - makes teacher's life a misery pointing out every mistake

Independent = refuses to do what the rest of the class are doing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now