Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

6 day old DD is snoozing on me

(53 Posts)
TheOriginalWinkly Thu 10-Jul-14 17:19:04

This is a wildly self indulgent post, sorry.

I literally cannot imagine life being any better. I managed an afternoon nap, then she had a feed and went back to sleep on my lap. She is so gorgeous it's unreal. DH made me a tea now we are lying on the bed messing on our phones and admiring our PFB. I want to freeze this moment forever.*

<bursts into hormonal tears at the idea of time being rude enough to move on>

*this even applies having a 4th degree tear and being, erm, uncomfortable to say the least!

peppinagiro Thu 10-Jul-14 21:02:07

Awwwww!!! Congratulations smile I still get sobby and hormonal at the thought of time moving on. I refuse to allow it. I regularly scoop up 1yo DD and rock her going 'sssshhhh she's just a tiiiiny newborn babyyyy' while she cackles ans goes MUMMA NO!

Enjoy your lovely new little girl. Does she have a name?

SantanaLopez Thu 10-Jul-14 21:03:46

Oh gosh that sounds lovely <sniff>

Congratulations on your darling bundle!

scarffiend Thu 10-Jul-14 21:20:39

Such a lovely post, this made me all fuzzy inside!

Fwiw, I have thought from the very day DD made her appearance in to the world that 'this moment will be the most precious we'll ever have with her' - she's nearly 21 months and every moment is that precious. Enjoy every moment smile

flamingtoaster Thu 10-Jul-14 21:25:49

Congratulations - as others have said enjoy it! It is a very special and wonderful time. I read your post about not having another one - the day after DS was born (early bleeds, likely to deliver very early due to fibroids, induction, labour, crash c section) I said never again but you just might find that a bit down the line you look at PFB and think it would be awful to deprive the world of another perfect little being.

adaorarda Thu 10-Jul-14 21:27:29

well jel! she sounds so lovely!!! congratulations. wish i could have another envy

GirlsonFilm Thu 10-Jul-14 21:29:18

Oh you lucky girl smile

commsgirl Thu 10-Jul-14 21:30:04

I had to go pick up my three-month old and give her a sniff when I read this.

Congratulations thanks

permaquandry Thu 10-Jul-14 21:45:25

Ah, lovely post. There's nothing more precious than newborn snuggles. Except maybe toddler snuggles, come to think of it, doesn't matter what age they are!

Congrats and enjoy! thanks

spiderlight Thu 10-Jul-14 21:50:41

Congratulations. I've gone all misty now. Enjoy every single second of it.

"I hope my child looks back on today
And sees a mother who had time to play.
There will be years for cleaning and cooking,
But children grow up when you’re not looking.
Tomorrow I’ll do all the chores you can mention
But today, my baby needs time and attention.
So settle down cobwebs; dust go to sleep,
I’m cuddling my baby, and babies don’t keep."

Hopelass Thu 10-Jul-14 21:59:51

Aww this is lovely!! Making me broody again, love that baby smell.....(pfb 9mo DS is asleep in his cot and will wake up, squeal and want to play peek a boo if I go and sniff him so I'll have to make do with looking at pictures of him for now!!!)
Plus he's all snotty with a cold......
Enjoy! thanks

MammaTJ Thu 10-Jul-14 22:00:52

My PFB was the same a few minutes ago, but got married a couple of weeks ago! Enjoy every moment!

Lucylouby Thu 10-Jul-14 22:01:20

Those newborn days were gone so fast and those who are saying it is never the same with subsequent Babies are so right. The newborn days are long gone in this house and I do wish for more babies all the time. But I think we have enough children, so no more here. Enjoy your precious snuggles and sniffing your babies head. I think dd would think I was mad if I started smelling her now!

Whenwillwe3meetagain Thu 10-Jul-14 22:01:32

This makes me so excited for our baby due in November. Congratulations!

Bearcatt Thu 10-Jul-14 22:08:04

Got a little tear in my eye reading these posts.
Enjoy OP.
We used to call our DS's the froggie princes when they were new born snuggling up to you with their knees drawn up ( that position is over almost before you blink an eye).
The years do fly, mine are 26 & 22 now, but you won't forget those cuddles.

0pheliaBalls Thu 10-Jul-14 22:08:52

Bless you all. You've got me all teary now!

DD is 17 and those days seem forever ago. So so precious. Treasure every second (and thank you for such a lovely thread) smile

UnexpectedAutumn Thu 10-Jul-14 22:11:03

Congratulations! And I love the idea of having 'the pinks' smile

Allthequeenshorses Thu 10-Jul-14 22:11:25

Feeling very teary reading this. Massive congratulations to your family. I'm just post mc and this gives me real hope. Lovely post.

alabasterangel Thu 10-Jul-14 22:15:32

Big wibble here too. You can't replace this, ever, I'm so pleased you are loving it I wish I had made more effort to remember. I find it hard to visualise either of mine as small babies.

Enjoy every second, even the crap ones!

Passmethecrisps Thu 10-Jul-14 22:20:20

How wonderful!

I did enjoy the newborn days but it is only now we are getting closer to two years that I realise just what a tiny amount of time it is.

Savour every snuffle and whimper and contented sigh. Even when the days are not so cosy remember that the days are long but the years are fast

Coughle Thu 10-Jul-14 22:30:49

Believe it or not you will love her even more and more and more as time goes on! Although nothing is quite like those early days.

TobyLerone Thu 10-Jul-14 22:37:17

Congratulations!

It was only a couple of days ago that DH and I were doing exactly the same thing with a few-days-old baby. She's 6 months old now sad

You will be shocked at how fast the time goes. Enjoy it!

livelablove Thu 10-Jul-14 22:45:18

Enjoy! Time does fly but they can be quite nice when they are older. Don't forget to take 1 million photos of her looking cute.

Adikia Thu 10-Jul-14 22:53:05

:D this has made me smile, congratulations, there is something magical about new born baby cuddles.

Oooh, this thread made me go hop in dd's bed for a quick cuddle. She's 4 but I remember the loveliness of the newborn bit so well.

Congratulations and enjoy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now