Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

6 day old DD is snoozing on me

(53 Posts)
TheOriginalWinkly Thu 10-Jul-14 17:19:04

This is a wildly self indulgent post, sorry.

I literally cannot imagine life being any better. I managed an afternoon nap, then she had a feed and went back to sleep on my lap. She is so gorgeous it's unreal. DH made me a tea now we are lying on the bed messing on our phones and admiring our PFB. I want to freeze this moment forever.*

<bursts into hormonal tears at the idea of time being rude enough to move on>

*this even applies having a 4th degree tear and being, erm, uncomfortable to say the least!

Awwwwwwwwwh. Enjoy every single moment, its a cliché but they really do fly by so fast. Have a sniff of her gorgeous little neck for me and huge congratulations. thanks

Shia Thu 10-Jul-14 17:21:14

Congratulations.

Make the most of your time with your precious baby.

They really aren't babies for very long!

Sparklingbrook Thu 10-Jul-14 17:21:24

envy That was me 15 years ago exactly with my PFB boy baby.

Enjoy every moment. smile

ShineSmile Thu 10-Jul-14 17:22:09

Congratulations and enjoy it!

I know it's cliched but it is so true - they do grow so quickly!

Oleoleole Thu 10-Jul-14 17:25:02

Give the top of her sweet head a huge sniff and remember the smell forever.

Congratulations!

Howstricks Thu 10-Jul-14 17:28:15

Ahhh...that's lovely. Looking over at 15 yo dd, I can't imagine where the time has gone..but each year has got better and better.

scarletforya Thu 10-Jul-14 17:29:31

<sniff>

It's perfect, enjoy!

Frusso Thu 10-Jul-14 17:29:39

Congratulations. Sniff her, savour her, she'll grow up so fast. Enjoy this stage it is so precious.

Nonie241419 Thu 10-Jul-14 17:32:48

Oh those moments are so beautiful. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! And congratulations!

Horsemad Thu 10-Jul-14 17:34:02

Wish I could go back and do it all again - then reality kicks in! grin

Really love the newborn stage; best part imo.

ftmsoon Thu 10-Jul-14 17:37:34

Back at you!!! My 9week old pfb DD is sleeping on me too! She had a massive poonami earlier and is completely worn out! Can't believe she has gone up a nappy size already!

middlings Thu 10-Jul-14 17:37:52

envy

Oh enjoy it. Really enjoy it. I had a third degree tear - it does get better. Just make sure you chase for a follow up with the medics and physio. Your MW should be able to sort you out if she hasn't already.

Stay where you are for as long as you can. You don't get to do this nearly as much with number 2!

flowers

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Thu 10-Jul-14 17:42:28

It really should be possible to capture that newborn smell and keep it forever in a bottle.

Enjoy her while she's so tiny, it's a lovely stage (although all the others are lovely, too!)

JudysPriest Thu 10-Jul-14 17:57:34

I am so very jealous in a 'glad it's going well for others way'. smile

Congratulations.

Ah newborn nuzzles are the best. The skin on their tiny little heads is still all soft and a bit wrinkly, they smell delicious and the little grunty snuffly noises just make you melt smile
And their teeny tiny wrinkly fingers

dingit Thu 10-Jul-14 18:01:17

envy

TheOriginalWinkly Thu 10-Jul-14 18:03:40

Number 2 middlings? Hahahaha. TTCing was awful, a MMC was awful, early pregnancy was stressful and terrifying, late pregnancy was agony and childbirth was hideous. Plus I am never having sex again. PFB is PLastB.

TheOriginalWinkly Thu 10-Jul-14 18:05:24

Oh and thank you for the congratulations everyone! And congratulations ftmsoon

PoloMintCity Thu 10-Jul-14 18:07:56

3wo DC doing the same here - someone stop time please!!

purplemeggie Thu 10-Jul-14 18:11:38

My sister's a midwife. Apparently, they call moments like these "the pinks" - being the absolute opposite of the blues smile

Littlebean13 Thu 10-Jul-14 18:32:30

Congratulations! Your post really made me smile.
Enjoy every second. My pfb is nearly five months and I just don't know where the time has gone!

SquattingNeville Thu 10-Jul-14 18:35:38

envy You lucky devil, you! Congratulations and enjoy every minute of it smile

<eyes up naked 18mo DS, who is charging around the room refusing to let me dress him>

evertonmint Thu 10-Jul-14 18:46:51

Currently cuddling my DS (3rd and last baby) and feeling all sad that he is now nearly 3 weeks old and so old and not really a newborn for much longer <wail>

It goes so quickly and is so very precious. You have to consciously imprint every sniff and squidge and snuggle on your brain.

<sob>

middlings Thu 10-Jul-14 19:44:02

Yeah.....DD1 was four goes of IVF and two MCs. Pregnancy involved carpal tunnel syndrome, physio for the back and hip pain and labour involved the tear. I wasn't having any more.

16 months later the scrumptious bundle currently attached to my right boob showed up.

Just sayin'!

grin

really am done now. We heart the coil

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now