Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

if you were a toy monkey where would you be hiding?

(98 Posts)
HavanaSlife Thu 10-Jul-14 08:14:56

He was last seen at 6 last night going into the livingroom with ds3, 20 mins later at bed time he was gone. Ds3 hadn't left the room so he should be here somewhere.

Me and dp have checked the room twice. Ds3 fell asleep on the sofa while we were looking but woke in the night crying for him and has looked all over for it again this morning.

Weve looked in other rooms, even though we know he didnt leave the room with it.

What am I missing? Where would your 3 year old put their cuddly toy?

50KnockingonabiT Thu 10-Jul-14 08:19:20

well in our house the monkey is usually found in the dogs bed!

under cushions, sofa, behind tv, in a cupboard or a bag? In the bin? Inside another toy?

Hope he turns up soon

Piratejones Thu 10-Jul-14 08:22:16

Behind the sofa or in the toilet.

HavanaSlife Thu 10-Jul-14 08:23:46

No dog here, have looked behind, under and in sofa cushions, behind tv, all toy boxes, inside his big cars and dora back pack. Its gooing to be a long day!

LIZS Thu 10-Jul-14 08:26:47

Under sofa cushions or tucked down the side.

TheSpottedZebra Thu 10-Jul-14 08:27:56

Le singe est sur la branche.

HavanaSlife Thu 10-Jul-14 08:33:09

Not in toilet, he did put all the masking tspe in their yesterday though, aldo checked in the towel cupboard just incase

HavanaSlife Thu 10-Jul-14 08:33:46

There even!

Zebra, you are now Eddie Izzard and I am snorting at you grin

Check behind the radiator-it's where most missing stuff is at my house.

HavanaSlife Thu 10-Jul-14 08:36:59

Hes not in the trees or hanging from the lamps zebra, I checked just incase grin

He does like to fly through the air

Wellwellwell3holesintheground Thu 10-Jul-14 08:37:32

Teddy was jammed into a fire engine that was far too small for him. He was also in the lift of the fisher price garage, inside the seat of the car, behind the curtains, down the back of the TV, behind the radiator, in various pockets, behind the sofa, under the sofa, in the piano stool. Any good?

Spottedzebra - you beat me to it!

HavanaSlife Thu 10-Jul-14 08:38:06

Or the radiator, although thats where he was found yesterday afternoon

lucysmam Thu 10-Jul-14 08:39:13

Tucked right into the sofa where adult hands don't fit! That's where my youngest hides things hmm

CuriosityCola Thu 10-Jul-14 08:39:57

Wellwellwell, we obviously have similar toys and like minded children. The garage lift gets us every time. grin

He isn't sitting inside a lamp is he?

HavanaSlife Thu 10-Jul-14 08:40:33

Have checked all those places well, thats where we usually find my phone or the remote if they are missing. Im having a coffee and then will look again

HavanaSlife Thu 10-Jul-14 08:42:16

Not inside a lamp no and weve moved the garage into his bedroom as ds4 kept climbing in it. It is amazing what can be squeezed inside those lifts though

BeanyIsPregnant Thu 10-Jul-14 08:43:46

In the bath? My dd puts everything in the bath or washing machine? Or inside the washing pile..?

curiousgeorgie Thu 10-Jul-14 08:46:38

We amazingly found DD's lost Elsa on the driveway.

Could that be an option?

HavanaSlife Thu 10-Jul-14 08:47:18

Ive even checked the washing machine and freezer. Its odd, usually if hes hidden it he knows where it is. Its when he puts the thing down and wanders off that he forgets where hes put it

NoRunAround Thu 10-Jul-14 08:47:50

washing machine, dryer, fridge? Or under a loose floorboard? A sibling has borrowed monkey?

HavanaSlife Thu 10-Jul-14 08:49:50

We checked out the front just incase he managed to throw it out the window, and in the washing machine.

TheSpottedZebra Thu 10-Jul-14 08:50:57

Inside a pillowcase?

HavanaSlife Thu 10-Jul-14 08:56:49

Siblings are 19 and 11, and 17 months. The youngest was being put to bed around the time it went missing. Ive checked there just incase, ds1 is away for the week and ds2 has also spent the morning looking for it after being woken up at 6 by ds3 shouting wheres 'monkey noises'

HavanaSlife Thu 10-Jul-14 09:00:43

Its not inside his pillowcase, when he woke up in the night he'd taken all his bedding off looking for him

He cant get into the other bedrooms as the big windows dont lock so we keep the doors locked

In the oven ? Biscuit tin ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now