Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Wilf is 18 today!! Sob! I feel so old!!

(112 Posts)

So many of you have supported us all over the last few years that i wanted to say thanks! He was born two weeks early due to my pre-eclampsia. All the staff were wonderful as most of them were on the ward when ds1 died. We nearly lost him too when he was three weeks old. He started fitting and our GP told us not to wait for an ambulance but to get to hospital and it was like something out of Casualty when i ran in with him...........
We lost his Dad just before his fifth birthday and he went away to school in Kent when he was seven years old.
It hasnt all been plain sailing but he has achieved so much and i am very proud of him.

headlesslambrini Thu 10-Jul-14 07:33:39

Wow happy birthday Wilf

nachohousekeeper Thu 10-Jul-14 07:33:42

Happy Birthday Wilf!!

I have so loved hearing about him. ( long time lurker and serial name changer)

Will he be home for his birthday?

Hope he has a great day and hugs to you Lottie thanks

Happy Birthday, Wilf

flowers for you, Lottie - I remember the shock when mine reached eighteen...

JennyOnTheBlocks Thu 10-Jul-14 07:36:49

Happy Birthday, Wilf

Lots of cake and wine

Mumof3teens Thu 10-Jul-14 07:37:06

I too have loved hearing about you and Wilf, Lottie (although always just lurked). You and Wilf sound lovely. Very happy birthday Wilf thanks.

WaitMonkey Thu 10-Jul-14 07:38:36

Happy Birthday Wilf. wine and cake all round. Are you seeing him today Lottie ?

anewyear Thu 10-Jul-14 07:39:27

Another lurker here,
Happy 18th Wilf, hope you all have a Fantastic Day

ShatnersBassoon Thu 10-Jul-14 07:42:49

Happy birthday, Wilf!

I do enjoy hearing about him and what you've all been up to. I wonder if he knows he has a load of MN groupies grin.

He wont be able to have any wine as he is on antibiotics!
However he says he is going to have one wkd blue. He has just popped up on my FB chat and announced "The birthday boy is awake!!" grin
He is going to Frankie and Bennies tonight with his friends and a Kermit birthday cake!
He is home to me for the day on Saturday and lots of people are popping in to see him including his two oldest friends. He has known Jack since he was six months old and Hannah since he started school aged 3.

I have given him a very special tee shirt and will post a pic when he has it taken with his ipad.

FruVikingessOla Thu 10-Jul-14 07:58:39

Happy Birthday to Wilf cake

I'm sure he'll have a great day today and a fabulous day with you on Saturday.

Happy birthday to Wilf.smile

ParsingFlatly Thu 10-Jul-14 08:03:51

Happy Birthday Wilf!

MammaTJ Thu 10-Jul-14 08:05:38

Ha ha, 'the Birthday Boy is awake', that is so Wilf!

gaggiagirl Thu 10-Jul-14 08:08:09

Happy birthday Wilf.

Lovely to see a wilf Fred!

SorryBoutThat Thu 10-Jul-14 08:11:13

Happy Birthday Wilf! Lottie, you must be so proud, you've raised such a lovely young gentleman. I hope you both have a lovely day together on Saturday.

TheFisherKing Thu 10-Jul-14 08:11:44

Happy Birthday Wilf!

Lottie you must be so proud at raising your son from boy to man.

Hope you both enjoy this wonderful occasion.

MrsMot Thu 10-Jul-14 08:17:11

Happy birthday Wilf!!!

Badvoc2 Thu 10-Jul-14 08:17:24

Happy birthday Wilf x

Just sent Wilf a `Happy Birthday` message on FB, hes so excited its truly lovely, Charlotte I bet you cant believe where the time has gone, 18 is so grown up smile.

Hoping he has a wonderful day, and you both have a great time on Saturday. x

FayeKorgasm Thu 10-Jul-14 08:20:47

Happy birthday Wilf and hope you all have a super weekend. grin

He is off to the Toby Carvery with his class for breakfast this morning so is uber excited about that too!!

Allalonenow Thu 10-Jul-14 08:22:01

Oooohh! Very happy birthday to Wilf, a very special birthday boy!

Hope he has a wonderful day today, and know that you will make Saturday a fab day for him too Lottie

LegoSuperstar Thu 10-Jul-14 08:23:59

happy birthday Wilf x

and a wine for you too, Lottie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now