Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Just took a sleeping tablet. Wondering if it will work.

(21 Posts)
Itsfab Wed 09-Jul-14 21:08:09

Have been waking up earlier and earlier and it is getting me down. Today I am in a lot of pain which paracetomol and ibuprofen have not touched. DS2 not at school so no chance of rest so have tried this tablet in the hope that I can sleep more than the few hours I have been getting.

To take an hour before bed so just took a couple of minutes ago and shall see if I sleep past the 4am I have been doing.

Pangaea Wed 09-Jul-14 21:12:49

One never touches the sides with me, but two knocks me out for days.

Hope you feel better soon thanks

Itsfab Wed 09-Jul-14 21:23:03

Being knocked out it no good unless it is after 11 on Saturday until about 6.30 on Monday so hopefully one will be enough to let me rest and hopefully this pain will go but experience tells me it will be days.

Pangaea Wed 09-Jul-14 21:50:15

Yeah definitely best to stick to one if you are not sure.

How are you feeling?

Itsfab Thu 10-Jul-14 07:19:58

Morning. I am in agony. Woke up with wet eyes like I had been crying. Slept past 4am but would have to take for more than one night to know if it helped. I would love a 12 hour sleep.

About to try and book a physio appointment as pain relief does nothing and volterol (sp?) has also done nothing.

Iownafourinchporsche Thu 10-Jul-14 08:37:08

Is it the pain or anxiety waking you generally?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 10-Jul-14 08:42:32

Hypnotherapy is fantastic and there are free apps if you have a smart phone. I used one in desperation during a very stressful period recently. Definitely see a physio, they can be amazing, especially sports physios.

Itsfab Thu 10-Jul-14 08:49:07

I fell on Sunday but the early waking has been going on for at least 2 weeks. I usually need the loo but can't get back to sleep. Head spinning with stuff to do or else so wide awake can't get back off.

DH has phoned the physio and the will ring me back when they open at 9. I feel sick and when the pain is acute it is unbearable. Thankfully I don't have to have to go out but I did want too. DS is off school this week so miserable for him to have to stay in all day.

I do have a smart phone, can you recommend a particular app please?

Funnily enough I did get news this week which was good but prior to that I had to make a stressful call and have had a lot of stress lately. My body does tend to react physically but with the fall on Sunday and then yesterday the pain coming on suddenly as I walked around ds and down the stairs I figured it was physical.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 10-Jul-14 09:10:06

Qi Gong relaxation and meditation.

You can chose with or without music as well which is great as I hate so called relaxing musicgrin

I also use the mindful breathing through out the day.

Sounds like you need to see the physio though if you're in so much pain. Hope you get an appt quickly thanks

Itsfab Thu 10-Jul-14 11:08:01

tea time sad

I have requested they call me if anyone cancels.

MyFairyKing Thu 10-Jul-14 11:13:12

What did you take? Was it zopiclone?

kazzawazzawoo Thu 10-Jul-14 11:49:19

Dame, can I ask which app you use?

kazzawazzawoo Thu 10-Jul-14 11:50:19

Sorry, just seen which app it is thanks.

Itsfab Thu 10-Jul-14 12:25:26

It was a herbal one from Sainsbury's.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 10-Jul-14 12:33:35

I can't take herbal ones, they knock me for six the next day as they often have valerian in them which makes me feel odd the next day.

Your gp can prescribe zopilone for a short period if you've tried everything else. More often than not you just need something to break the pattern of not sleeping.

Itsfab Thu 10-Jul-14 19:41:08

I can take up to an hour to go to sleep and wake 2-3 times before I want to get up in the worse nights.

I have had a very painful physio session. I hope I will be pain free tomorrow as the treatment was painful at times. I discovered my fall the other day did cause damage but I have got something wrong with my spine I didn't know I had plus bad posture so all in all not a great day sad.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 10-Jul-14 20:08:09

Be prepared for a little flare up with physio before out settles down, it takes me a good couple of days. Are you going again? I think you should see the gp for a chat.

Itsfab Thu 10-Jul-14 20:39:59

No new appointment as she is fully booked unless I am still in pain next week and she will squeeze me in. Has suggested back stroke and pilates. No point seeing the doctor. They would suggest pain relief and I doubt would just refer me to a physio on my request.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 11-Jul-14 16:12:45

The doctors here refer you if you ask, worth a go.

Itsfab Fri 11-Jul-14 20:08:23

Will have to get past the receptionists first. Have to give them chapter and verse before they will consider letting you have an appointment in 6 months time.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 11-Jul-14 20:24:54

You don't have to say anything to the receptionist and if they ask just say you'd rather speak to the doctor thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now