Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

What ( light hearted) things do you hide from your partner?

(81 Posts)
Lilaclily Wed 09-Jul-14 19:07:10

Just seen the neighbour over the road wolf down a chocolate bar before he got home , we live opposite a shop & I see him do this every day at 7pm grin
I assume his wife doesn't like him snacking

I hide the fact that on my days off from my part time job I've been re-watching The West Wing rather than housework grin

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Wed 09-Jul-14 19:08:48

how many bloody shoes and clothes etc I actually really buy grin that and the empty wine bottle joke!

FarelyKnuts Wed 09-Jul-14 19:08:52

My pringle addiction. I throw the tubes in public bins because it's shameful how many I go through in a week! grin

TheWhispersOfTheGods Wed 09-Jul-14 19:13:02

Anything I don't want to share! He'll come and take a bite out of my cookie- there is a bag on the kitchen but he just wants a bit of mine. Fuck off, get your own and give the rest to me if you can't finish it!

Madratlady Wed 09-Jul-14 19:15:04

I stash red bull.

EatShitDerek Wed 09-Jul-14 19:15:53

That I exist grin

TheHoundsBitch Wed 09-Jul-14 19:16:00

Smoking blush

BeetlebumShesAGun Wed 09-Jul-14 19:16:47

Secret eating.

I wait til he's having a fag or gone to the shops then I'll just eat whatever I can find. Once it was "his" chicken dippers yes we are twelve and he found the empty packet. Words were had.

MrsKranky Wed 09-Jul-14 19:17:02

Energy drink after I drop him off, before I get to work - but only

Lilaclily Wed 09-Jul-14 19:18:36

Oh yes to the secret eating

If I only eat healthy food it wouldn't be a problem grin

MrsKranky Wed 09-Jul-14 19:19:01

Whoops,

Only on petrol station day, cans in the car park bin, and a pack of fudges he dosnt know about in the glove box.

Also buy shoes, hide in car then claim I've had them ages to try and get round the one in one out rules recently imposed on shoes.

Can you tell I'm the only one who drives and the car is very clearly mine?!?

BrokenDownstairs Wed 09-Jul-14 19:19:02

Hahaha at 'words were had'! I hide food from him he eats everything so I hide houmous and the crisps so they last more than one bloody day! When he finds I've hidden stuff 'words are had' then too!

iamdivergent Wed 09-Jul-14 19:21:52

starbucks blush
new books - they're only from tesco so not paying full price for them

sara11272 Wed 09-Jul-14 19:21:58

MrsKranky we have the one in one out rule on my shoes too!

I've been known to have a secret stash under the bed of shoes that have reached the end of their lives, just so I have a worthless pair to throw out when I buy some new ones.

BeetlebumShesAGun Wed 09-Jul-14 19:24:09

I mentioned it to my mum once and she said she does it too! My stepdad has to get up v early for work so goes to bed before her. He said "yes I can hear cupboard doors opening and sweet packets rustling downstairs when you think I'm asleep! grin

SallyMcgally Wed 09-Jul-14 19:26:23

DP's a vegetarian, and hates meat/ fish coming into the house. I have been known to hide smoked mackerel pate in the salad drawer and eat it on toast after he's gone yo bed . . .

MrsKranky Wed 09-Jul-14 19:27:24

Sara, I do the same!! I also keep new shoes in my car for a few weeks so when I bring them in I can honestly say they're not new & I've had them a while!!!

sara11272 Wed 09-Jul-14 19:31:30

Ha ha, great minds!!

Mrsgrumble Wed 09-Jul-14 19:39:06

Dh is teetotal so some Friday nights I used to have a drink then sit down with my 'first' glass of wine and have one of two after. He says 'oh you don't need to drink' .. Hmm.

Occassionally I buy myself a steak and have it myself blush as he is a bit tight with money.

I throw out some of his clothes and pretend I never saw them in the hope he will buy more.

MamaPain Wed 09-Jul-14 19:39:12

Candles. I spend a secret fortune on candles and burn them in the day then light different ones just before he gets home. That way he thinks I've only bought one candle in the past month or something.

DH is very generous and doesn't give me rules on things I buy for myself however there is a one-in-one-out rule on cushions blush

Also if I buy those chocolate petit filous I hide them in the spare fridge.

MrsKranky Wed 09-Jul-14 19:47:38

I am laughing a lot at how many of us have had various 'one in ine out' rules imposed!!!

mumofboyo Wed 09-Jul-14 19:49:45

I hide food. I'll go to Tesco for bread or milk or whatever, buy 3 bars of chocolate (3 for £1.20 at the till), eat 1 whilst there and put the wrapper in the bin before taking the others home - one for me and one for him. I do the same when I do the weekly shop I buy more then because it's cheaper from Home Bargains.

QOD Wed 09-Jul-14 19:50:05

Haha clothes, we just don't discuss it

Nights out. I don't hide them per se. I just insist I DID tell him I was going out grin

StrawberryCheese Wed 09-Jul-14 19:54:41

Secret eating. If I know he is working late then I will get a HUGE chocolate bar on my way home from work, devour the lot then take the rubbish out to hide the evidence and make it look like I've been tidying up.

When he buys me treats he eats half of them as soon as my back is turned so I feel I'm justified.

my nice pyjama bottoms. he would wear them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now