Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Easy lunch to leave for PILs?

(14 Posts)
Acunningruse Wed 09-Jul-14 16:49:33

PILs are kindly babysitting on Friday whilst I run errands. Any ideas for what lunch I can either make in advance for them or leave them to easily throw together bearing in mind they will have 21mo DS to look after.

Ideally not sandwiches or quiche as we will be having that for lunch on Saturday for a picnic.

Am trying to think of summer equivalent of soup which is what I would do in winter but its 26 degrees here! Please no one say cold soup it is wrong. grin

nilbyname Wed 09-Jul-14 16:50:58

Crackers, cheese, olives, salami with some nice real lemonade?

Ready made cold pasta with microwave new potatoes and some salady bits?

BathildaBagshot Wed 09-Jul-14 17:03:26

Bits for a ploughmans? Naice ham, cheese, a baguette and some pickles?

Hungry now. grin

SarahAndFuck Wed 09-Jul-14 17:04:53

Cold meats and salad?

Artandco Wed 09-Jul-14 17:09:33

Quiche and salad
Ploughman stuff
Homemade sausage rolls ( ds will love also)

TheCSLibraryPree Wed 09-Jul-14 17:14:50

Cold meats, coleslaw, pâté, nice crusty bread, cheese, olives Eric - all things tha can be recycled on the Saturday for the picnic.

madamweasel Wed 09-Jul-14 17:18:13

Roast some chicken legs with honey and mustard and let them chill. Make cous cous and salad.

A pasta salad? They could just grab it out of the fridge and add dressing as they want.

littlesupersparks Wed 09-Jul-14 17:22:25

Some of those part baked baguettes, cheese, ham, chutney?

DesperatelySeekingSanity Wed 09-Jul-14 17:22:46

If you're having sandwiches and quiche on Saturday then maybe baguette and pâté, or cheese topped rolls and cold meats?

Baked beans on toast?

Pork pie, sausage rolls, pasties (probably not all of them!) with salad and new pots?

Directions to the nearest café?

ItHasANiceRingWhenYouLaugh Wed 09-Jul-14 17:25:41

Soup!

Acunningruse Thu 10-Jul-14 08:28:35

Thanks so much, all brilliant ideas! Spoilt for choice now grin. Love the chicken legs idea, plus pate cheese and baguettes. Thanks!

Allalonenow Thu 10-Jul-14 08:33:03

Chilled soup and hot garlic bread, one of my favourite summer combinations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now