Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Help! Which gite would you choose?

(19 Posts)
starrystarrynights Wed 09-Jul-14 14:54:47

We are choosing between:www.ownersdirect.co.uk/france/FR9349.htm?src=LS

Or

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8061341

It's for myself, DH and DD, 10. We are ok with a one bedroom place with a sofabed.

DH isn't fussed either way as would have preferred to be closer to the coast but we've left it too late for that!

We will most likely to some day trips to the landing beaches, Mont Saint Michel and coast as well as relaxing locally.

They may be much of a muchness but I find choosing so difficult!

IndridCold Wed 09-Jul-14 15:08:56

Personally I would go for the first. Being a short walk away from croissants shops is a must for me.

I like the second one best.

BorisBaby Wed 09-Jul-14 15:36:44

Definitely the 2nd much more relaxing feel to it

FunkyBoldRibena Wed 09-Jul-14 15:46:05

2nd one.

PeanutButterAndMarmite Wed 09-Jul-14 16:00:12

2nd one. If not, my mum has a lovely gite but it's right down south! grin

CwtchesAndCuddles Wed 09-Jul-14 16:37:04

The second one is more remote - how important is it to be able to walk to the shop?

We always prefer places with shops etc within walking distance, so 1st one (is it a bit bigger too? I only skimmed it)

OnGoldenPond Wed 09-Jul-14 16:41:04

No 1 looks lovely has more character and can imagine it is great in those lovely gardens.

Plus short walk to shop and restaurant - perfect! Don't underestimate the value of being able to go out fora meal without worrying about driving.

Might book it myself next year smile

adsy Wed 09-Jul-14 16:51:06

Deffo first one as you can walk to bistro and have a few drinks.looks lovely too and gorgeous setting

starrystarrynights Wed 09-Jul-14 17:05:11

Dilemma!! Almost 50/50! Grrr..must decide today confused

IndridCold Wed 09-Jul-14 17:22:11

I know it's cheating 'cos I've already posted, but I would reiterate OnGoldenPonds point - do you really want to have to get in the car every time you want something?

starrystarrynights Wed 09-Jul-14 17:26:42

We don't drink so having a few drinks after dinner is not so important smile.

Quite handy though to be able to pop out to the shops!

jamaisjedors Wed 09-Jul-14 17:39:40

They both look lovely although very rural - but I'm guessing that's what you want if you have chosen those two.

Just wanted to post to say "beware" of all the waxing lyrical on the websites about wonderful Normandy weather - I live here and it's not any better than the Uk at all, you could easily hit a rainy week so do research other things to do in case it's not sunny all the time.

Have a good holiday - I don't think there's much to choose between them tbh.

Jamais, I live in Lancashire & have had several holidays in Normandy

The weather there is definitely better than here grin

jamaisjedors Wed 09-Jul-14 21:02:54

Well ok, yes, I know Lancashire well and you are right, it will be marginally better!! But not any better than the south of England, honestly (although all the Brits on holiday are determined that it WILL be and so are walking around in shorts etc. while I have my jeans and raincoat on!)

SwedishEdith Wed 09-Jul-14 21:11:03

I prefer the look of the second one but really either are going to be fine and you'll forget about the other as soon as you book

Chewbecca Wed 09-Jul-14 21:16:57

1st for me too as I get very fed up with getting in & out of a hot car several times a day on hols.

Igggi Wed 09-Jul-14 21:25:33

Look of second one nicer IMO. Am in a gite currently, couldn't walk anywhere from it but doesn't bother us - once we're back with some wine and bread I'm happy to sit in the garden till the next car trip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now