Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Breaking Bad - just watched first episode with dp

(75 Posts)
lucysmam Tue 08-Jul-14 22:21:08

Tell me it gets better? I'm a bit confused hmm atm.

YolandiFuckinVisser Tue 08-Jul-14 22:22:32

It gets better. I was disappointed by the first episode too!

MaloryArcher Tue 08-Jul-14 22:23:17

It's shite. Overrated shite.

I made it halfway through S3 and wish I hadn't bothered.

Don't waste all those hours.

Shroomboom Tue 08-Jul-14 22:23:39

We watched the first episode too last night! Made me feel a bit uncomfortable, but have to admit I did laugh at 'cow house' grin
Everyone I know who's seen it has loved it, so it must be worth persevering with. Dh has bought the first two box sets so I'm hoping so!

I was the same. DP assures me it gets better but I found it really cliched and badly acted so didn't bother. I might give it another try as everyone I know loves it.

acsec Tue 08-Jul-14 22:24:50

You have to get through season 3 then it gets brilliant! Bear with it, I almost gave up and am glad I didn't!

Showy Tue 08-Jul-14 22:24:51

I watched two series too. Wish I hadn't bothered.

littlewhitebag Tue 08-Jul-14 22:25:24

I didn't like the first episode so i haven't watched any more. It's really not what i find amusing.

WowserBowser Tue 08-Jul-14 22:25:57

I wasn't that arsed by it at first. Or even season 3 and 4. But loved the last half of the final season.

I would have given up on it if it wasn't for dh.

So glad i stuck with it though on balance.

fluffydoge Tue 08-Jul-14 22:26:18

nooo carry on watching it it's amazing! series 5 is definitely the best.

TessTackle Tue 08-Jul-14 22:26:43

Persevere, bitch!

MaloryArcher Tue 08-Jul-14 22:27:28

Nah. I'm not going to persevere through three entire seasons of clichéd dull shit to get to some slightly less clichéd dull shit.

If you want me to watch your show, make better telly.

I made the mistake of thinking that it must be good because so many people recommended it too. Turns out people are just easily pleased.

MegMogandOwlToo Tue 08-Jul-14 22:27:32

The first few seasons are so slow and I found them really.. draining, but lots of people told me to stick with it, and I'm glad I did.

These early episodes are all laying the foundations for the later seasons. I think breaking bad is the greatest show I've ever seen!

LaQueenLovesJune Tue 08-Jul-14 22:27:59

Stay with it. I was very hmm watching the first 3-4...just not my cuppa tea, at all.

But then I got hooked. Without doubt the very best thing I have ever, ever watched on TV, ever. And, I don't normally like any TV.

It's incredibly poignant. Hilarious ('What? Build a robot?'). Gritty. Irreverent. Crazy. Bitter-sweet. Thought-provoking. Uplifting.

In fact, there are no words that can describe it.

Morethanalittlebitconfused Tue 08-Jul-14 22:28:29

It took me til the second half of s1 to enjoy it and then I sacked off the whole of one of the later series - got too bored.

It's good but it's not compelling viewigg

We're on episode 3. I'm going to give it til the end of the first season.
I was unsure about The Walking Dead too, but am now obsessed!

ThePowerOfMe Tue 08-Jul-14 22:30:07

I'm on season 4. I'm enjoying it but I don't quite get the hype. People have told me it's the best thing they've ever watched and no tv will ever match up to it. Strange.

Mendeleyev Tue 08-Jul-14 22:31:02

I was hooked from the start. Probably helps that I'm a chemist and so was laughing at walt's obsession with glassware.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Tue 08-Jul-14 22:32:52

Well, since I seem to have surprised myself by being the last person on earth to be watching The Wire, I might try BB again (gave up after the first couple of episodes).

Verycold Tue 08-Jul-14 22:32:53

I didn't get the hype either. Give me ER any day (though that might show me up as ignorant?)

SwiftRelease Tue 08-Jul-14 22:36:53

It's violent shit. Just slick and tightly scripted violent shit. Hate it despite its cleverness.

zippey Tue 08-Jul-14 22:39:05

It is da bomb! I liked all the seasons really, but 4 and 5 were very good.

But not everyone is the same so theres no shame in not liking it.

sommerfugl Tue 08-Jul-14 22:40:44

it's great. I loved it.

I'm jealous that it's all ahead of you.

I hated game of thrones, thought it was ridiculous. So there you go.

Thenemesisofthevole Tue 08-Jul-14 23:12:43

I only managed the first three episodes; found it to be very slow. Might try again though.

BananaBumps Tue 08-Jul-14 23:20:33

I thought the first episode was fantastic - I completely don't understand people who think it is a slow burner, I was hooked from the start. I guess we all like different stuff though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now