Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

The Fairy Tale of Mumsnet

(200 Posts)

Once upon a time there was a Dragon. She lived in a small kingdom at the edge of the world called Ford, which was quiet and little visited. Being young she decided it was time to set out towards some of the bigger, livelier kingdoms to seek her fortune...

Next line anyone?

She trudged wearily through the Land of Unanswered Messages, looking for a suitable place to spend her first night abroad.

Being a dragon, a "flaming" sounded like a good place to start so she booked into the Aibu Guest House

YaMasYaDaWithAWigOn Tue 08-Jul-14 23:03:23

Where she gorged herself on biscuits, popcorn, Pom Bears and Gregg's sausage rolls all washed down with copious amounts of Fruit Shoots.

Morethanalittlebitconfused Tue 08-Jul-14 23:04:46

Before discovering the wine and cake and gorging in a feast of alcoholic goodness, where she then passed out and slipped into a coma a new parent can only dream of

Bifauxnen Tue 08-Jul-14 23:05:04

is it supposed to be "happy ever after" fairytale or a "Pogues Newyork" fairytale?

Morethanalittlebitconfused Tue 08-Jul-14 23:06:44

I'm going for a pogues sleeping beauty...

SavoyCabbage Tue 08-Jul-14 23:07:13

She had heard legends from the kingdom. She Who Should Not Be Named was a tale she had heard at her mothers knee.

Oh, like all Fairy Tales, it can be whatever you want it to be. wink I had been thinking more like the original Grimm's type though.

...She awoke from the drunken haze with a start - what on earth was all the screaming and yammering from the next room? shock

It was an impromptu nobdie thread!

YaMasYaDaWithAWigOn Tue 08-Jul-14 23:10:39

The nobdie thread had a quest for our young dragon...

Bifauxnen Tue 08-Jul-14 23:15:44

fight through the Goady Army to the source of the Elixier of a Good Nights Sleep, The Honey Lake and secure it from the Trolls, in the name of MNHQ (who probably need it more)

grin

MardyBra Tue 08-Jul-14 23:21:54

Suddenly she arrived at a little bridge with a lush meadow on the other side, with a couple of goats grazing in it.

steppemum Tue 08-Jul-14 23:23:03

suddenly the young dragon was hit by a barrage of missiles. Looking closer she saw that they were buns flying through the air and realised she had wandered through the dark valley of AIBU

steppemum Tue 08-Jul-14 23:24:08

(oh mardy x=posts - postpone my AIBU until dragon has had a little play at the festival)

Bifauxnen Tue 08-Jul-14 23:24:23

(all references to SWMNBN should include this classic www.dramabutton.com/ )

MardyBra Tue 08-Jul-14 23:25:25

The buns were for the billy goats, I expect steppe

MardyBra Tue 08-Jul-14 23:27:08

The dragon was trip trapping over the bridge (avoiding the flying buns) when suddenly a hair hand appeared from underneath.

MardyBra Tue 08-Jul-14 23:27:21

Hairy

MardyBra Tue 08-Jul-14 23:27:59

grabbing her ankles and threatening to drag her under the bridge.

MardyBra Tue 08-Jul-14 23:28:22

(Sorry I'm all over the place there).

Bifauxnen Tue 08-Jul-14 23:29:23

she chanted her holy incantation : though I walk throught he valley of Aibu i fear no flaming, no vipers nor deletion for i am NOT fucking unreasonable so get thee to the far side of fuck aa-aa-aaa-meeeen.

MargotLovedTom Tue 08-Jul-14 23:30:09

It was her mother-in-law!

ExitPursuedByAKoalaBear Tue 08-Jul-14 23:30:52

And lo, the IPOATs materialised from the forest, bearing down in their crinolines and wafting scented pomanders.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now