Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Are there any conspiracy theorys you think are definitely true?

(865 Posts)
ChuckNovice Tue 01-Jul-14 21:52:30

I like reading them and get really into them and think ohhh this must be true look at all the evidence (gullible).

Just curious as to which ones you think might be true?

ChuckNovice Tue 01-Jul-14 22:04:52

I am skeptical about 9/11 (about it being terrorists) but also find it too distressing to think that a government could do that to its own people or anyone in fact.

whitepuddingsupper Tue 01-Jul-14 22:05:23

A facebook friend recently shared an article about project HAARP which I'd never heard of and found interesting, it's got the blame for all sorts of weird shit to do with the weather, earthquakes, even illnesses. Apparently it's been shut down now though.

RumAppleGinger Tue 01-Jul-14 22:05:30

I think there's definitely something in this - youtu.be/kN9LdTkR85Q

misstiredbuthappy Tue 01-Jul-14 22:06:37

Ive seen loads of people talking about the 9/11 conspiracy theorys some of them seem plausible ... but then I think no noway too many people died.

I realy dont want to believe it either.

My friend was trying to convince me the other day that theres a cure for cancer and Aids but if people were able to use the cure the pharmaceutical compinies wont make money shock I dont believe that at all

ChuckNovice Tue 01-Jul-14 22:07:32

Ooo yeah I believe in aliens for sure and also think that we've been visited.

Apparently Ronald Reagan had a private viewing of E.T with Steven Spielberg and whispered in his ear - 'if you knew how true this was' - or something or other.

treaclesoda Tue 01-Jul-14 22:08:56

I'm not even vaguely sceptical about 9/11. I've never seen a theory about it that makes any sense to me as to what the advantages would have been to the US govt of doing it themselves.

I do however believe that terrorists exist and sometimes they do despicable inhuman things. So on that basis, terrorism makes much more sense to me.

I don't think the US govt is beyond criticism, or that it's whiter than white, I just don't think they had any need to do that.

rainbowfeet Tue 01-Jul-14 22:12:13

Agree with you treacle

LemonSquares Tue 01-Jul-14 22:13:08

HeartsTrumpDiamonds x-post twice blush.

RumAppleGinger I'm sold - I belive the death star conspiracy.

So have to show DH that grin.

WanderingAway Tue 01-Jul-14 22:20:54

I dont think the us government were behind 9/11.

Conspiracies like marilyn monroe's or jfk's deaths i believe could be plausible.

Something dodgy about Princess Diana. Not sure what but it's always felt too convienient to me. I promise I'm not some Di-nut either. I was young when she died and neither of my parents were into her or anything but as the years have gone on I've often thought hmmmm that's worked out nicely for everyone. I wonder how much harder things would have been with Diana still in the picture.

Jack the Ripper as an establishment conspiracy I've always found interesting too.

Quoteunquote Tue 01-Jul-14 22:22:55
Branleuse Tue 01-Jul-14 22:24:04

new world order

QueenBean Tue 01-Jul-14 22:24:49

Ooh I LOVE these threads, there was an excellent one not so long ago where people much more intelligent than me came in and said why they did or didn't believe certain things.

The missing Air Malaysia flight is the one for me - where can it have possibly gone? Why doesn't anyone care about it more?

misstiredbuthappy Tue 01-Jul-14 22:25:35

My mum thinks dianna faked her own death and is living somewhere because she couldnt cope with press anymore I dont think shes right in the head

Whats the jack the ripper theory ?

Onesleeptillwembley Tue 01-Jul-14 22:27:19

JFK, Marilyn, yes. Diana no.
David Kelly. More blood on Blairs hands.

treaclesoda Tue 01-Jul-14 22:27:47

queen bean it was on the news the other day that they were searching a new area for it, so I think it's not so much that no one cares but that the news organisations have run out of stories to tell about it, so it has slipped off the front pages.

misstiredbuthappy Tue 01-Jul-14 22:28:13

Ooh yes to the missing Malaysia flight, I know the seas deep blah blah blah but realy how can it vanish in this day and age !? They took to long to start looking aswell I think.

MrsMaturin Tue 01-Jul-14 22:29:15

JFK and Marilyn yes - v dodgy.

Diana - no, drunk driver.

David Kelly - v dodgy I agree

Jack the Ripper - no, not a conspiracy. Just a very, very nasty man

9/11. Nope.

LemonSquares Tue 01-Jul-14 22:29:18

There a few Jack the ripper ones - that it was a member or the royal family who later died is one establishment one.

Though I found the amercian quack doctor over here in that time frame most compelling one - as he had a collection of body parts - but at this point in time I don't think it possible to get to the truth.

ChuckNovice Tue 01-Jul-14 22:30:09

Has anyone seen the Denver Airport one? That's pretty weird.

treaclesoda Tue 01-Jul-14 22:30:21

well it took years to find the Air France flight and they had a far better idea where it was, so it's not implausible that they can't find the Malaysian one I suppose.

Although yes, it certainly is strange for it to just have vanished without trace like that.

misstiredbuthappy Tue 01-Jul-14 22:36:22

No chuck ill have a google

2isamagicnumber Tue 01-Jul-14 22:36:40

Mythbusters did a whole episode on the moon landings. It explained all of the popular conspiracy theories such as the flag moving and footprints.

I think there is something in people that makes us want to believe in conspiracy theories, I'm sure some might be true, but often the most simple explanation is the right one!

Psypher Tue 01-Jul-14 22:44:10

I don't believe Myra Hindley is dead.

HospitalHassler Tue 01-Jul-14 22:45:25

Ooh love these threads. There was a great celeb conspiracy one years ago, where there were people asserting that Jimmy Saville was up to no good. Look how that one turned out....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now