Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Stupid Girl - feet/blood for squeamish folk

(12 Posts)
FanFuckingTastic Sun 29-Jun-14 02:53:58

I've been a bit silly. I went to bed and couldn't sleep because the skin in my feet was catching on the blanket. I've had multiple skin problems pop up recently - my lips peeled until they were raw, I have a few annoying patches of psoriasis on my scalp heading down onto my face, a patch on my arm, and my hands are peeling too. Just to give you an idea of scale.

My feet joined in recently and its disgusting, like over production of dead skin. I keep my feet looked after so I decided to try and remove some of it so I could sleep. I was using a callous razor and a ped egg. Its not easy as I am disabled and reaching my feet is well a bit of a feat. Long and short of it is that all went well on foot one, but as soon as I tried my dodgy foot (injured it recently dont have much range of movement) and I slipped with the razor.

Got myself good. Three centimetre slice. Deep enough to bleed profusely all over the floor while I was trying to find something to use to put pressure on it. I've improvised with one of my support socks and folded baby wipes.

I seem to have gone a bit funny though, cold sweats, uncontrollable shaking, feeling sick. It's not a terrible injury so im a wee bit confused. Do I call someone tonight, go to the doctor on monday? I'm sick right now anyway with a kidney infection, now this stupidity. Why I thought it was a good idea I don't know, I'm just feeling horrid and the skin stuff bothers me. I have enough health problems without manky feet.

HoneyDragon Sun 29-Jun-14 03:00:34

Is anyone with you or are you in your own?

Aww I do feel for you, I tend to react similarly in gory situations. That being said it sounds to me like a fairly small injury - bleeding can be a bit misleading (unintentional rhyme) and I have had copious bleeding from my feet before that stopped after an hour or so (from using a dead skin shaver thing blush)

I'd monitor it and see how it is in the morning. You've applied pressure to it, which is the best you can do atm. It'll likely be all crusty and dry in the morning grin if it is still bleeding I'd phone NHS Direct.

Hope it's not too painful OP! brew

FanFuckingTastic Sun 29-Jun-14 03:07:07

I'm on my own. Nearly called an ambulance earlier anyway for pain levels due to the kidney infection, but gave it an hour after stronger pain relief and it calmed down. I'm dumb like this, get an idea in my head which I know is a bad idea, then ignore it and end up being stupid. It's just horrible, I have to remove scales from my head every day so I dont look gross. Now my feet look like I've been in the trenches. Well, not anymore, one looks fine and the other looks like a bloody horror movie.

HoneyDragon Sun 29-Jun-14 03:11:47

If it's stopped bleeding monitor it, rest up and try and sleep. UTIs are bad enough without you attacking your feet.

If you start to feel dizzy and nauseous again or it keeps bleeding call nhs direct and they'll advise the safest action smile

FanFuckingTastic Sun 29-Jun-14 03:12:50

Pah. Pain I live with every day. It stings a bit, but I've felt worse. Given the that im probably passing a kidney stone, this is minor. Just wanted to make sure I'm doing a the right thing. I take medication for reynauds that increases blood flow to my feet to prevent chilblains which go manky too. Doc seems to think open wounds on my feet are bad, but this is different I think. Its my heel not my toes.

FanFuckingTastic Sun 29-Jun-14 03:15:56

Sleep sounds good. Better than middle of the night pedicures with dangerous weapons. The blood is coming through the many baby wipes, but I don't look like a cast member of a Saw movie, so I think thats alright.

D0oinMeCleanin Sun 29-Jun-14 03:25:32

Feet bleed. A lot. DD1 almost had us 991'd to ER when she stepped on glass on our holiday recently.

There was blood literally pissing down my leg. Half a dozen Turkish men all shouting at us in Turkish. Dd2 and ex followed the blood trail to find us.

A drop of iodine and an elstoplat later and she was dancing in the next bar. Those Fit Flop still have stains on them angry

I wouldn't panic too much, but if it's still bleeding in 10/15 mins I'd pop down to the walk in center if I were you.

FanFuckingTastic Sun 29-Jun-14 03:28:56

Hop down you mean? Lol. It's closed here for the night, we have eight til eight. Then it's next town over for keydoc or A&E. I think unless my stone pain gets worse, I'll stick it out until morning.

PickleMobile Sun 29-Jun-14 03:33:12

Oh poor you, I felt like that when I stepped on a piece of glass and bled everywhere. Went hot and shakey and ended up wretching over the toilet!

Do you have a plaster or dressing big enough to cover it? Maybe wadded kitchen roll with a sick over? Baby wipes aren't very absorbent and will keep everything wet.

PickleMobile Sun 29-Jun-14 03:33:36

That should be sock not sick!

FanFuckingTastic Sun 29-Jun-14 04:18:13

Not got any proper supplies as I've just been housed after being homeless on the run from ex, who has a great deal of my stuff. Trying to rebuild of course, but there's so much I don't have, been eating off of paper plates and sleeping on the couch as I have no bed, that sorry of thing. Roughing it but with a home at least. I'll get proper supplies tomorrow to wrap it if I don't see the doc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now