Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Best way to dispose of rice pudding?

(68 Posts)

Having a fridge clear out - I have half a tin of soup, half a tin of rice pudding & lots of little fromage frais pots that are well out of date.

Will it be ok if I chuck the contents down the loo so I can recycle the containers?

Or will it end in a horrific loo clogging incident that shall forever haunt me?

Stratter5 Sat 28-Jun-14 22:00:14

Can't you just put it in the bin? confused

lucysmam Sat 28-Jun-14 22:00:49

Yogurt will wash down the sink if they're that far out of date...

tip the rice pud in the bin?

divingoffthebalcony Sat 28-Jun-14 22:00:59

In the TOILET?

Why on earth? Bin!

lucysmam Sat 28-Jun-14 22:01:32

oh and soup, didn't see that at first...sink too if it's still runny & not the chunky type

Also ancient jars of "consume within X weeks of opening" relish & piccalilli - that'll all be fine down the loo won't it?

(Am eating some of the fromage frais as its only a couple of days out of date & had a v long shelf life)

Xcountry Sat 28-Jun-14 22:02:44

With a hydrogen bomb?? the entire worlds supply should be disposed of in this way. gives me the boak. I could honestly say I would rather have salmonella.

youbethemummylion Sat 28-Jun-14 22:03:19

Wrap in a carrier bag or two then in the bin. Or eat them? Apart from out of day fromage frai obvs.

Redcoats Sat 28-Jun-14 22:04:02

Why would you dispose of kitchen waste in the toilet? Chuck it in the bin.

lucysmam Sat 28-Jun-14 22:04:21

How ancient are the jars? I have an ancient jar of pickle and picalilli in my fridge, there wasn't anything growing on them last time I checked & they smelled and looked fine so I left them.

Aliceinvodkaland Sat 28-Jun-14 22:06:41

toilet definitely

Aliceinvodkaland Sat 28-Jun-14 22:07:33

if it's ok for goldfish it's ok for rice pudding in my book!! (i joke ) grin

Skiingmaniac Sat 28-Jun-14 22:08:05

Toilet option for me too

Thanks for your sane responses.

Lawks if I am remembered for anything on mn it will now be for posting about chucking food down the loo.

Stratter5 are you THE Stratters?

Aliceinvodkaland Sat 28-Jun-14 22:10:10

anyone else lost the will to live when the most active discussion is how to dispose of rice pudding??!! grin

Aliceinvodkaland Sat 28-Jun-14 22:11:00

come on, lets talk about something exciting??

SmellsOfBiscuits Sat 28-Jun-14 22:11:53

Kill it with fire.

springlamb Sat 28-Jun-14 22:12:02

Do you not have a waste food caddy?
That lot would be great by bin morning, really rabid.
Such fun.

Ooh x posted with 2 other pro-toiletters!

The piccalilli is in date but has been open since New Years, smells ghastly as ever - keeping it.

Lucylouby Sat 28-Jun-14 22:12:46

I'm really bad. If stuff is in the fridge and it's gone of, the container and contents gets chucked out as one, without the lid coming of. I don't get why you would want to put it down the toilet though? Surely food waste would just go in the bin. Just like if you had served it up, left it and scrapped it away. Or do you put food scraps in the toilet too?

SmellsOfBiscuits Sat 28-Jun-14 22:13:01

Save it till you sell your house.
If you get one of 'those' buyers, coat a wall with it 2 weeks before you move out and leave it to set.

Finola1step Sat 28-Jun-14 22:14:08

Lob it over the fence into next door's garden grin

SmellsOfBiscuits Sat 28-Jun-14 22:15:12

Put it upside down in a biscuit tin and leave the tin on a bus.

I do not possess a waste food caddy - I have a compost bin (currently sprouting something - I suspect butternut squash)

Hahahahaha at this being the most active discussion what are we all DOING???
It is appreciated though.

Talk about something exciting you say? I've heard that there is a pack of "faceless" dogs hunting cats down in Kent. Horrible for the cats - what on earth are the "dogs" though?

WilliamShatner Sat 28-Jun-14 22:16:31

I would put it in the kitchen sink then with the hot water running, use a knife to disperse it down the plug hole.

What's wrong with doing that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now