Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

what do you find easy and difficult about the shred and what seems effective?

(30 Posts)

So for example (currently doing l2 but have done all 3 in the past) I love the rows at the start of l2. I can do them and they feel as thougbthey're toning my arms and shoulders. But the static lunge with a bicep curl I find ridiculously easy but it doesnt feel like its doing any good. Cardio wise I find the oblique twists and the skaters good but challengIng. I find the squat thrusts and sqhat jacks impossible without my bum in the air. I find the squat twists ridiculously easy but they feel ineffective.
does anyone know what im talking about?

Is it just me? In l2 you do "walk out push ups" which are apparenlty harder than the usual push ups in level 1. I find the level 2 ones easy and the level one ones hard

FolknNorah Fri 27-Jun-14 22:27:49

I'm on level 1 still, I find the jumping hard, (boobs don't like it), the arm things do nothing, the abs stuff does nothing but the squats make my thighs a bit achey after (in a good way). Which is odd, as I have awful stomach muscles and pretty good legs and thighs as I do lots of walking. confused

Remind me what arm thIbgs are on l1? I remember finding the punches a bit pointless the I started to put my all into them and realised they hurt a bit more and were better iyswim
jumping jacks are good

And the chest flies (is that righr?) Again I thought were nothing until I started to SQUEEEEEEZE at the top and kind of got it. Still wouldnt say they're challenging tho

I am resuming the shred tomorrow!! Help :-)

Something someone said to me on a thread which I found useful and am trying to use was just see it as one of those jobs that has to be done. Just get It out of the way. Good luck smile

I find the fake skipping really ouchy and I really don't have the stomach muscles or co ordination for oblique/bicycle crunches. I'm only on level 1 so hopefully this will improve. I have strong thighs so anything involving squats lets me catch my breath and cool down.
I attempted the burn fat boost metabolism and it very nearly killed me. I couldn't get the combinations at all. I switched it off halfway through. grin

Rollergirl1 Fri 27-Jun-14 22:40:03

Yes I know what you're talking about. I used to think i wasn't doing some of them correctly as they felt too easy. I like the V lifts that I think are in L2 of the shred? The one where you squat and bring your weights up in a V shape?

I would recommend No More Trouble Zones as that has some really good circuits in it where you really feel like it's doing some good.

I can do the jump rope one fairly easily ut when it comes to double jump rope I can jump higher but I cannot do that spinny thing with my hands. Simply cant.
and the lunges witb hammer curls. I dont find them physicLly challenging but im so uncoordinated I find them difficult.
I find the abs move with the weight up where youre swinging your legs up and down really difficult but really satisfying. I can feel my wobbly tummy toning up and I finish it dripping in sweat

Rollergirl1 Fri 27-Jun-14 22:42:05

Oh I like BFBM, i used to alternate between that and NMTZ for a few weeks and felt really fit.

I HATE those chair lifts with a v raise. Dont have the arm strength. Similar to the ones in level one where youd bring them over to the side.

I find squats difficult but ij a good way. I love the feeling for the rest of the day!!

The very end of l3 though, the lifing your side up thing dis very easy. I must be doing it wrong. Same for the last one of l2, slightly harder as you're in a plank but not the "killer"as she desceibes it.

Military raises wjth a leg kick are so so hard. When she says "those shoulders shoukd start to BURN" I weep "oh they are jillian"

I am resuming the shred tomorrow!! Help :-)

FolknNorah Sat 28-Jun-14 09:04:14

Shall we all resume together then?grin I need people to guiltencourage me or I have a tiring day/night and thnk, nah, I'll do it tomorrow...

Defo, i am currently sitting in my jammies drinking coffee :-)

MotleyCroup Sat 28-Jun-14 10:44:20

Currently being a lightweight and only doing the leg circuit on the Davina - Fit in 15 DVD. I need to concentrate on my thighs and bottom and this one is helping.

Have the shred DVD to fall back on too though.

6 weeks until we go away so I need firmer thighs!

Done!!!

Humansatnav Sat 28-Jun-14 12:04:04

Ive just started ( l1d4) but the jumping jacks see killing me. The simple crunches are fairly easy, but I used to do them at the gym.
All in all I'm really impressed with the program.

Humansatnav Sat 28-Jun-14 12:05:44

*are, not see, autocorrect is being a pain in the arse today !!

Ive had a couple of days off must get back to it

TheCunkOfPhilomena Sun 29-Jun-14 08:21:11

I'm in, I've had to stop for a while (was on l3) due to tendonitis which I put down to being a bit too into jumping jacks etc.

I was finding l3 so much easier than l2, I love doing the superman move grin I think I'll go back to l1 and use my wrist weights throughout- would that be a good idea?

I have no upper body strength at all, I cannot do more than 2 proper press ups so stick to the ones on my knees. Jillian would not approve.

I cannot do a press up if my life depended on it. I had to do the jumping jacks holding my boobs as i did it sans bra smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now