Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Do onesies give you thrush and are they chavvy?

(28 Posts)
Sagacity Fri 27-Jun-14 21:46:06

Just that really. Been wanting to get one as house is freezing in winter but worried that Fanjo may get hot and lead to thrush.

shouldnthavesaid Fri 27-Jun-14 21:47:11

Don't think it will give you thrush.. I personally think they're awful but if it makes you happy/comfy go for it smile

notnowbernard Fri 27-Jun-14 21:47:48

What an odd thing to ponder in late June!

I can't get past onesies = Babygro personally

TalisaMaegyr Fri 27-Jun-14 21:48:19

I've never had thrush from my onesies. But I wear knickers. I don't sleep in any of mine though.

Once you get one, you will never be without one again!

EatShitDerek Fri 27-Jun-14 21:49:47

No they aren't chavvy

No you won't get thrush

Sparklingbrook Fri 27-Jun-14 21:50:41

All the onesies I have ever seen have a really saggy crotch so no danger of thrush.

PedlarsSpanner Fri 27-Jun-14 21:51:22

Not sure what is "chavvy" ( don't even know what that is ) about being warm in yer own hame in winter, ho hum

Cotton as opposed to manmade fibres?

AtYourCervix Fri 27-Jun-14 21:52:31

No but if you are long of body it'll feel like a cheesewire up your crack.

Sagacity Fri 27-Jun-14 21:55:21

Well that's the thing. Funny to be looking in June but found a lovely cotton one in the sale. Tried it on and it's very comfy and wouldn't dream of going to bed in it or letting anyone else see it. It's just the whole babygro concept I can't get my head around.

GoodArvo Fri 27-Jun-14 21:56:32

I think that they are baby outfits. Even children look silly in them.

Sparklingbrook Fri 27-Jun-14 21:57:18

Watch your tail doesn't dangle in the loo when you go for a wee. <top tip>

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 27-Jun-14 21:57:20

Just beware if its to keep you warm in a cold house, you will freeze whenever you need to go to the bathroom...,

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 27-Jun-14 21:57:32

Just beware if its to keep you warm in a cold house, you will freeze whenever you need to go to the bathroom...,

SnoozyGiraffe Fri 27-Jun-14 21:58:39

I love them - hate draughts in bed! Only chavvy if you wear it to Tesco grin

ReallyTired Fri 27-Jun-14 22:03:26

My five year old daughter loves her onesie. Surely the chances of getting thrush from a onesie is no more than wearin pyjamas. Pyjamas keep you warm and are more practical for going to the bathroom.

marne2 Fri 27-Jun-14 22:03:59

I love mine, I don't wear it too bed ( too hot ) but I wear it in the evenings after I have had a bath, makes winter slightly more bearable .

shrunkenhead Fri 27-Jun-14 22:08:14

Only chavvy if you leave the house wearing one/answer door wearing it. I have yet to pluck up the courage to buy one as am curious of the rules/chav factor!

scarffiend Fri 27-Jun-14 22:11:56

The thing about onesies I can't handle is te potential coldness of ones arse when you need to pee.

frames Fri 27-Jun-14 22:12:07

Chavvy if worn with a PB padded jacket to Asda;-)

RedPony Fri 27-Jun-14 22:13:44

I love my onsie! DP's mum bought me a lovley maternity one for Xmas and I still wear it now as it's the only comfy thing I can fit into smile
I have never had thrush either so nothing to worry about there xx

Sagacity Fri 27-Jun-14 22:14:55

Great. Makes me feel better about getting one. No chance of leaving house in it, ever.

LumionaMoonsplash Fri 27-Jun-14 22:19:56

Totally chavvy and really embarrassing if someone sees you in it in RL, but omg sooo warm and comfy. A full body blanket. I scoffed and then hid it in my basket when I bought it. Its like my cosy but dirty secret.

Fukeit Fri 27-Jun-14 22:49:37

Sorry but they look bloody awful,

When I'm cold I put a jumper on not a polyester <insert animal of choice> giant babygrow.

Unless you're 2 years old you look stupid.

CatsPounceBirdsFly Sat 28-Jun-14 08:58:55

If you like it wear it. I live in one inside over winter. Never had thrush.
If you dont like them dont.

Why are they better than putting on tracky pants and a jumper or fleece?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now