Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Terrified km pregnant again dd is only 7 months old please tell me i will cope.....

(26 Posts)
Dollybird86 Thu 26-Jun-14 20:37:11

Just as title says really period due on Saturday but feel sooooo tired last few days and have unquenchable thirst hmm had awful sickness last time that I coped very badly with I vomited constantly until the end.

I know I need to POAS (asda order arriving tomorrow! )

Just need a bit of encouragement interms of coping with small age gap & while PG!

OeufieTheEggaphant Thu 26-Jun-14 20:45:06

No advice dolly as mine are 4 and 11 months, but I too am seriously worried I might be pregnant confused I have irregular periods so although my test was negative, I'm not actually sure when I'm due. Im terrified about such a small age gap. thanks to you

scarffiend Thu 26-Jun-14 20:47:21

my good friend fell pregnant when her first was 6 months old. It's hard on her, no denying it, but she's coping amazingly well. The fact is, if you have to deal with it then you will!

Dollybird86 Thu 26-Jun-14 20:47:38

Thanks eggplant I've only jokingly spoken to dh about it which isn't helping, I am crapping myself if I am!

DrLizShaw Thu 26-Jun-14 20:50:48

The baby stage will be full on, but it'll be over quicker!

ShoeWhore Thu 26-Jun-14 20:57:18

I've got an 11 month gap between my youngest two so when dc3 was born I had 2.11, 11 mo and newborn. I was also totally crapping myself when I found out. I also had PND so my head was all over the place.

You will cope and you will be fine. Do that test asap though (can you not send dh out for a test now?!)

I got through pg by napping most afternoons unless we went out. Ditto when the baby was born - I put the other two down for their nap and took dc3 to bed with me smile

I really quite enjoyed it in a weird kind of way. For once I cut myself some slack! Don't put too much pressure on yourself would be the best advice I think. We managed to take all 3 to Spain when dc3 was about 10 weeks old so it all turned out not half as bad as expected.

ShoeWhore Thu 26-Jun-14 20:57:38

PS now they are much older and the small gap is ace.

crazykat Thu 26-Jun-14 21:02:31

I've got a year and two weeks between my eldest two. While its full on in the first couple of months with two once you've got a routine going its much easier. Especially as the eldest is still young enough to be having a couple of naps a day when you can rest too.

The housework does suffer though, I just kept everything ticking over so it wasn't a health hazard.

Its much easier having a small age gap than having a newborn an the school run to contend with. At least you can just stop in pjs all day till lunchtime instead of having to be up, dressed and put the door by 8am.

captainproton Thu 26-Jun-14 21:06:52

I have 2 with 14 months between them. When I was pg and really sick I'd use the travel cot as a playpen next to the bed. I'd put DD in there with toys, and lay next to her with the bucket and try and sing to her! By the time she was standing/cruising the Sickie phase had passed.

She didn't walk until 16 months and it meant DS was nearly 3 months before I had to run around after her picking her up and guiding her. It meant she pretty much stayed put near me when feeding and she wasn't so demanding. Not much jealousy either, that kicks in a bit later. She gets a bit jealous now, but as DS is older I can cuddle her more whilst he's playing and don't feel guilty that I'm always with the baby. But she soon wants to play with him and I have my hands free!

DS is now 10 months and DD nearly 2. They love each other so much, they like to giggle together and she's full of kisses and cuddles for him.

My friends have older toddlers and only now are pg again, I don't envy them as they are worrying about how to do school run with newborn. You don't have that stress, and yes I can't wait until DS is walking as I'm sick of carrying babies but it'll be over sooner for me than my friends.

captainproton Thu 26-Jun-14 21:07:42

Crazykat, yes I forgot my eldest was having 2 naps a day, godsend!

Bigbottomtwirl Thu 26-Jun-14 21:11:40

I'm pregnant and dd3 is only 6 months!
There was 18 months between my eldest 2 and they are just so close that it's lovely.

Fideliney Thu 26-Jun-14 21:15:11

So nothing to do with Kate Middleton then?

You'll cope. Millions of us have smile

commonorgarden Thu 26-Jun-14 21:16:44

You'll cope. The first bit will be a long grind but you'll get there. I did and mine are so close now. Older one can't remember life without younger and they play together, wear the same clothes - lots of advantages.

Bentojo Thu 26-Jun-14 21:21:46

My DD was 8 months old when I got pregnant with twins shock.

Honestly, it's hard work in the early days and I remember little of it tbh but take all the help you can, get organised and you'll be surprised how soon it just becomes the norm.

It's lovely to have them so close together as they share some of the same interests and play together.

Good luck.

littledrummergirl Thu 26-Jun-14 21:23:20

14months between my boys. I dont remember it being too bad. Ds1 was walking at 9months and in a bed at a year so ds2 could have the cot.

When they were younger they shared a room and had a playroom. This meant no toys in the bedroom to distract them when it was sleep time.

They also play together and are really good friends as well as brothers to the point where dd can feel excluded.

They are now 12 &13 and have an amazing relationship. I loved it when they were small and am so glad I had them close together.

Dollybird86 Thu 26-Jun-14 21:24:02

Kate Middleton? Off to goggle!

YouMakeMeHappy Thu 26-Jun-14 21:27:46

Sorry OP. Well, congratulations too of course, but sorry it's such a shock!

Of course you will be fine. I don't have experience of such a small gap, but you will cope and they will adore each other and be gorgeous! Are you still breastfeeding? Is that why you thought your were safe?
I have a 7 month old (December 17th) and I'd be terrified too, but am not using protection either as breast feeding has always worked we'll for me (cross fingers, touch wood, turn around three times etc)

Shoewhore you sound like some kind of superwoman! 3 kids in Spain ten weeks after birth?!? My husband has been offered a free holiday in Cornwall with us all (3 kids) paid for as he's got a client down there. Ive had to turn it down cos I'm terrified of the long journey and holiday activities...I'm barely sleeping and I just can't cope. Spain might as well be the moon!

Let us know if it's positive OP

Fideliney Thu 26-Jun-14 21:29:30

No - sorry- your title said 'km' - i'm tired and got confused - pay no attention smile

Dollybird86 Thu 26-Jun-14 21:31:33

Oh wow last I read she was too thin and now she's pg poor woman!

Thanks for the kind words ladies my brain is just going a million miles a minute!

Dollybird86 Thu 26-Jun-14 21:33:53

Fideliney lol I'm mega tired hence the fucked up title!

Dollybird86 Thu 26-Jun-14 21:37:55

No not still breastfeeding we are just stupid clearly! First night out and bottle of wine since December 2012?! Lol

Fideliney Thu 26-Jun-14 21:39:05

If you are pg, the first yr will be a bit full on but if no skirting boards get polished, the freezer doesn't get defrosted and you don't get a decent pedicure that year does it matter? You'll muddle through one high speed year flowers

Fideliney Thu 26-Jun-14 21:41:59

Dolly I thought for a moment it was some genius plan to marry your DD to prince george but KM being PG again had mucked it up or something. I lost it days ago confused (Definitely sleeping pills for me tonight!)

bigbuttons Thu 26-Jun-14 21:44:44

I was pregnant wit my second when my first was just 6 months old and with my 6th when my 5th was 7 months old. It's fine, honestly [smle]

pigleychez Thu 26-Jun-14 21:52:13

mine are 21mths apart so not quite such a small gap. As others have said you quickly adapt and get used to it... you have to! I dont remember much of the early days. DH was commuting to London and we lived miles away from any family. It was really hard at times but you get through it. Best thing I did was get them both napping together in the afternoons. It was bliss to either nap too or just have that hour to sit down in peace!

Agree with others saying about not having the school runs. Not sure I could cope now with nursery and school runs with a newborn in tow.

The girls are now 4 and 5 and "Best Friends forever" in thier words smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now