Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Re-ignited my crush on Damon Albarn

(44 Posts)
OverAndAbove Thu 26-Jun-14 17:59:02

I've loved Damon ever since the early Blur days, but not thought about him for a while. But now I keep hearing Mr Tembo and it's completely re-ignited all of my lust. He's just so - GORGEOUS!

Now it's very important that no one comes on this thread to tell me he's horrible in real life. Please! thanks

Anyone else feeling the lust?

Mintyy Thu 26-Jun-14 18:00:30

Oh dear.

I will restrain myself grin.

MaidOfStars Thu 26-Jun-14 18:02:22

I have always adored him, although sometimes he can come across as a bit of a bell-end. At my wedding, I walked down the aisle to Tender. And one of the lyrics on a friend's placename (everyone has individual ones) was "Well, you and I, we just collapsed in love".

I've touched him a couple of times, most notably at one gig where he moved across the front of the crowd and I reached both arms around him and gave his arse a comedy honk-honk squeeze.

McBear Thu 26-Jun-14 18:10:19

He's very very sexy isn't he! Or wasn't he. No idea what he looks like now but he was my first ever crushgrin

ROUNDandROUNDINCIRCILESMORETHA Thu 26-Jun-14 18:18:18

He never did anything for me ;-) even at age 15.

Cheboludo Thu 26-Jun-14 18:19:46

A friend had dealings with him over the summer and said he was an absolute sweetheart. She loved him and she's not easy to please smile (She works in the music industry so wouldn't have been swayed by his fame)

Marchhairy Thu 26-Jun-14 18:24:53

I love him and I always will. I even loved him after seeing his opera and I really didn't get that

His passion for what he does is very attractive.

MaidOfStars Thu 26-Jun-14 18:29:46

I had to pretend I loved that opera - fabulous story, interesting history, great musical sound, tasteful use of nudity - in order to maintain my argument that DA is the greatest British musician of my generation.

RunsWithScissors Thu 26-Jun-14 18:51:54

My four year old dd LOVES Mr. Tembo. Easing her into blur ;-)

SquidgyMummy Thu 26-Jun-14 18:55:09

Was never a Blur fan, but have a had google to see what he looks like now and not bad a t all teeth a bit dodgy though

Oh dear.

I was shocked when i saw him on Jools. He looked so OLD.

But it happens to us all. In my mind i think i was still expecting him to be leaping around youthfully like in Parklife.

yumyumpoppycat Thu 26-Jun-14 19:00:26

Minty was that a good oh dear or a bad one grin he looks a bit Jessie from breaking bad's naicer older brother in that picture. i was more of an alex james fan myself grin

McBear Thu 26-Jun-14 19:03:50

He's not the same tho squidgy. <sobs>

Just had an impending feeling of doom about everyone getting old. Even though he doesn't look old. Just older

McBear Thu 26-Jun-14 19:06:15
WilliamShatner Thu 26-Jun-14 19:12:54

I met him at V 1996 as I had backstage passes. If I recall rightly he wasn't performing.

He is a very nice man. What struck me at the time was the size of his head! He does have a large head. Very normal down to earth man.

I hope you meet him one day.

seasidesally Thu 26-Jun-14 19:17:11

didnt he recently confess to dabbling in heroin when blur were at the top,was a bit shocked at that one

still fancy him thogh

Yumyum - I used to prefer Alex james then I kind of went of him. I knew I had got older when I started liking him again because he makes cheese.

OverAndAbove Thu 26-Jun-14 19:26:00

I am very pleased to hear he's a nice person! I've always admired his anti-war stance as he's been vocal but not hysterical about it. I read recently that his grandfather (I think it was) was a conscientious objector and died protesting, by hunger strike, so very much following his family's principles.

He is definitely looking older (well, obviously) but I love his hair and he still has the cheeky grin.

I'll just say it once - PHWOARR! blush

RhondaJean Thu 26-Jun-14 19:29:04

He has very very soft hair.

<nods>

yumyumpoppycat Thu 26-Jun-14 19:36:15

the woman - yy same here, also his book bit of a blur reignited the flame for me grin

PseudoBadger Thu 26-Jun-14 19:41:01

Love him

JamJimJam Thu 26-Jun-14 19:45:46

I love him and have told my dh I would be off like a shot if he made me an offer.

He's the only celeb I have ever lusted after in my life.

I have No Distance Left to Run on the digi box. Never to be deleted <glares at family>

OverAndAbove Thu 26-Jun-14 20:09:25

Ah JimJamJim my husband and I have just had this conversation - and he has conceded that Damon would take precedence, and he would step aside. He mentioned the laminated list (Friends-style) and I confirmed that Damon would be laminated and doubly laminated. I think he has the full picture grin

OverAndAbove Thu 26-Jun-14 20:10:58

For JimJamJim please read JamJimJam and also my abject apologies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now