Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Fuck you Doctor Q

(26 Posts)
floatyflo Thu 26-Jun-14 12:01:14

What can I say. My breasts are pretty saggy for my age -25 btw. But what else do you expect after two babies and a E cup?

I had dealt with them and their sorry appearance. I had finally stopped avoiding looking at them in the mirror. And finally stopped leaving my bra on when doing the deed with my lovely dp.

But thank you kindly for your unwanted and unasked for comment refering to how "you could do with doing those [breast exersizes] at home you know."

Now I feel like shit. And I really needed to be worrying about what the radiographer might be thinking about m'y body when I have a mammogram in a couple of weeks. Cheers bitch.

floatyflo Thu 26-Jun-14 12:03:09

P.s. Thanks for the brusies you left after that rather rough breast examination that you explained oh so well to me beforehand.

KnackeredMuchly Thu 26-Jun-14 12:05:51

shock Are you talking about your GP??

floatyflo Thu 26-Jun-14 12:11:08

Yes sad

FridayJones Thu 26-Jun-14 12:23:58

What a horrific bitch. No other words for it.

Some dr's seem to forget there are real live human people in front of them, and come out with random shit, that bear no resemblance to reality.
I'll not derail with examples.

Seriously, breast exercises don't even fucking work, so her medical knowledge is seriously in doubt, along with her bedside manner.

Have you considered a complaint?

TheGonnagle Thu 26-Jun-14 12:26:25

I do hope you're going to report this extremely unprofessional behaviour to the practice.

floatyflo Thu 26-Jun-14 12:36:16

I called them this morning. Have spoken to the practice manager who was very apologetic and unimpressed with the doctors approach. So I have put in a verbal complaint if you like. Shall I put it in writing?

I just wish i didnt feel so upset!

KnackeredMuchly Thu 26-Jun-14 12:36:36

I would put in a complaint, absolutely. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

Could you contact Pals?

KnackeredMuchly Thu 26-Jun-14 12:37:56

Sorry cross posts.

Madlizzy Thu 26-Jun-14 12:48:01

Yes, I'd follow it up in writing and also picture the bruises.

WallyBantersJunkBox Thu 26-Jun-14 12:51:13

I'm speechless. Put it in writing.

Not acceptable.

Yes, put it in writing and if you aren't satisfied with the response take it up with the GMC. If you haven't been told you are going to get a breast exam, and they hurt you, that is assault. Please take some photos if you can bear it to show the bruising sad

floatyflo Thu 26-Jun-14 16:03:26

Already dealing with the police over another affair at the moment so needed all of this like à hole in the head.

floatyflo Thu 26-Jun-14 20:05:45

Sorry, I was feeling so emotional when I posted this morning. Will get an email of complaint written up tomorrow.

Berryglitter Thu 26-Jun-14 20:07:06

I'm not one for violence but I think I would have punched her. Hope you're ok.

BoffinMum Thu 26-Jun-14 20:12:49

She sounds horrid and you are right to complain.

BTW my norks are practically on my knees. I would not worry about a bit of sag. Blokes don't seem to mind.

floatyflo Thu 26-Jun-14 20:13:26

I dont know why I said nothing. I suffer with anxiety which is at an all time high right now, which she would have seen on my notes, had she bothered to look. And she was so sharp, and headmistress like. I felt so small and silly and stupid

Pico2 Thu 26-Jun-14 20:17:20

What are breast exercises?

Sorry you've had a shit time.

BoffinMum Thu 26-Jun-14 20:19:15

Don't feel bad about that. It's happened to most of us. Standing up to her by making a complaint will hopefully mean they'll be nice to you in future down at the practice.

BoffinMum Thu 26-Jun-14 20:20:20

Breast exercises were what Barbara Windsor did in Carry On Camping, I believe.

Hard medical science underpinning that one. The GP will be wheeling out Hatty Jaques next to give you a enema, OP wink

BoffinMum Thu 26-Jun-14 20:23:03

Off you go, girls

Barbara Windsor

ShakeYourTailFeathers Thu 26-Jun-14 20:23:25

I have had a zillion breast exams and never have i been left with bruises shock

BoffinMum Thu 26-Jun-14 20:24:16

No, I have never had bruises either. What on EARTH was she thinking??

DuckSongRocks Thu 26-Jun-14 20:29:34

That's out of order OP, hope you're ok; worse than that it's just unnecessary nastiness (on the part of the GP obviously).

Proud E cups here, after shrinking from an F after BF-ing. Jiggle with pride and a Bravissimo bra smile

floaty when you have a mammogram (I had one at Easter) they are efficient and polite.
They know it' makes you vunerable to stand there half dressed but they see a million bodies, they won't make any rude comments.

angry @ your GP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now