Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Shop bought biscuits

(70 Posts)
MrsMarigold Thu 26-Jun-14 11:30:17

What's your favourite? biscuit

I've just discovered that Bonne Maman - the jam people - do these amazing chocolate biscuits. Seriously they are amazing - you've got to try them.

Olbas Thu 26-Jun-14 11:40:34

I love M & S brazil nut cookies, Mcvities Digestives and Jammy dodgers. I haven't seen Bonne Maman biscuits, although I do buy their Jam. I will look out for them

Borders Viennese whirls. Little pieces of expensive heaven.

WallyBantersJunkBox Thu 26-Jun-14 11:42:38

I'm quite trashy in my biscuit choices.

Custard creams all the way....

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Thu 26-Jun-14 11:46:04

Border biscuits chocolate covered ginger biscuits, or nice shortbread. Or jaffa cakes. chocolate digestives at a push.

I won't go any lower than this and would rather have one or two of the above than a whole packet of 'normal' biscuits like custard creams or bourbons. Standard biscuits are a total waste of calories IMHO.

TheSpottedZebra Thu 26-Jun-14 11:53:17

Sainsbury's Taste the Difference triple chocolate cookies from their instore bakery. Followed by their salted caramel brothers, and then the single chocolate ones, then the white chocolate and raspberry ones...
My death row meal would just be a mound of them, with perhaps some tiger bread.

<carb lover emoticon>

MrsMarigold Thu 26-Jun-14 11:53:56

Also those Duchy Originals Ginger Shortbread mmm.

But I'm going to try the M&S brazil nut ones, I'm mad about nuts.

Wally do you lick the custard cream bit in the middle, I'm not a fan but my best friend at school loved to do this.

NigellasDealer Thu 26-Jun-14 11:54:35

Ginger nuts and Jaffa cakes

KnackeredMuchly Thu 26-Jun-14 12:00:15

Marks and Spencer chocolate chip shortbread.

squoosh Thu 26-Jun-14 12:11:15

I'm a big fan of the Bonne Maman galette biscuits. Lovely and buttery.

OorWullie Thu 26-Jun-14 12:12:16

Chocolate Hobnobs, every time.

HappienessIsEggshaped Thu 26-Jun-14 12:22:24

Chocolate Hobnobs for me too.

Whatever happened to Lemon Puffs? I used to love those but haven't seen them about for ages.

PetyrBaelishsConscience Thu 26-Jun-14 12:24:03

Stem ginger biscuits or abernethy biscuits.

PedlarsSpanner Thu 26-Jun-14 12:28:28

Yes Abernethy

Those biscuits like grown up party rings but oblong with coffee icing. Forget the name.

squoosh Thu 26-Jun-14 12:29:51

Café Noir?

PedlarsSpanner Thu 26-Jun-14 12:33:20

Oooh yes that's them! Nomnomnom.

Aldi do these amazing biscuits which are a sort of oat, fruit and nut biscuit, coated with chocolate on ones side. They are absolutely amaaaazing.

QueenFuri Thu 26-Jun-14 12:57:37

Borders dark chocolate gingers, peanut cookies and blue ribands do they qualify as biscuits?

dawndonnaagain Thu 26-Jun-14 13:26:41

I like stem ginger cookies. I am far too fat to be consuming them!

Hoppinggreen Thu 26-Jun-14 13:30:00

Bonne Maman all the way.
If you buy the Madelines you can cut them in half and fill with Jam and cream and hey presto - instant mini Victoria sponges !!!!

Plain chocolate digestives or jammy dodgers but I'm not fussy. There are no bad biscuits.

treaclesoda Thu 26-Jun-14 13:38:25

Foxes chocolate ring things. I have low tolerance of bad biscuits <stares daggers at Maryland cookies and Jammy Dodgers>

squoosh Thu 26-Jun-14 13:43:49

Oh yes Fox's bicuits are the shizz! One of the best things about Crimbo is a deluxe tin of Fox's.

Fox's Vienese... I can eat a whole packet over an evening blush

Lilymaid Thu 26-Jun-14 13:45:43

M & S Pistachio and almond cookies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now