Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Any Adverts really annoying you at the moment?

(49 Posts)
SinisterBuggyMonth Thu 26-Jun-14 00:05:25

I really really hate the Xbox one ad with the shouty bloke who hurls demands at his xbox without a single Thankyou but the attention span of a goldfish. And then answers the phone by shouting "Yo" (I bet it's his mum)

The entitled budget Hepburn too damn delicate to sit in a traffic jam on a bus, spots Dean Martin in his Sports Car and decides to accept a lift but only by plonking a hat on him and designating him to staff, then sits eating chocolate not bothering to make polite conversation.

I love the creepy Cravendale ad, with its Grims fairy tale headless biscuit boy and cautionary rhyme sung by a terrified choirboy on the brink of adolescence.

ElephantsNeverForgive Thu 26-Jun-14 00:13:38

The Snoop Dog money Supermarket one.

Nerd in an invisible car and Snoop dog flanked by two pointless eye candy women.

Incredibly stupid, patronising to nerds and sexist, oh and WTF does "your So Money Supermarket" mean? hmm

Shouty PPI man - "Banks have put aside squillions to compensate people and you (feckless, lazy piece of shit that you are) can't even be bothered to apply".

Fideliney Thu 26-Jun-14 00:33:07

Didn't we have this thread yesterday?

Now I know I'm hallucinating hmm

TakemedowntoPotatoCity Thu 26-Jun-14 01:45:25

The Vanish one because like most laundry ads it STILL features just women.

Wake up to the 21st century guys!

aloysiusflyte Thu 26-Jun-14 02:56:27

The iPod running/exercise one.

'Go you chicken fat, go!'

Grrr what the hell is chicken fat? Annoys me every time.

CastilianHhhhidalgo Thu 26-Jun-14 04:13:41

That Cravendale biscuit boy haunts my nightmares. I can't not watch the advert though, it holds some kind of hideous fascination for me.

LadyVJJ Thu 26-Jun-14 05:17:53

aloysius we love "Go you chicken fat, GOOOOOO!"

The one that grinds my gears at the moment is the dad making a sandwich, singing "Gold" and his family turn up with smart phones to film him.

snoggle Thu 26-Jun-14 05:18:17

MrsCakes got mine with the PPI man.

and you've STILL not done anything about it

Cheesymonster Thu 26-Jun-14 06:10:26

I watch Comedy Central and hate the infomercials. The one for sheer cover studio goes on for aaaaaages.

PetaPipa Thu 26-Jun-14 06:11:24

That one where the dad is making his daughter a treehouse and she keeps turning them down until.finally he paints it pink. Ffs!

kinkytoes Thu 26-Jun-14 06:15:35

I clearly watch too much BBC. Never heard of some of these! Except the moneysupermarket one. You could be living on the ISS and still have seen that I reckon.

306235388 Thu 26-Jun-14 07:10:53

Louise redknapp one for razors or something that is in no way about actual razors. Also other one sometimes on with LR one about always being beach ready.

Nicole shitsinger - any of hers but especially the one with re manic laughter teeny wee bit.

fourforksache Thu 26-Jun-14 07:20:37

the domestos "muscle power in your loo" just makes me think of sphincters.

306235388 Thu 26-Jun-14 08:14:39

Oh the man in the 'gold' advert - I recognise him - anyone idea who he is?

DidoTheDodo Thu 26-Jun-14 08:19:15

The tena lady one with the dozy face pulling woman who's put her shiny purple frock on backwards. She only gets away with it because she is flat chested and turning her necklace round too does not make her a fashion statement.

Mrsjayy Thu 26-Jun-14 08:24:43

Yy snoop dog one so annoying, the sunny loans ones

ElephantsNeverForgive Thu 26-Jun-14 11:55:14

There's also a very odd one for coffee with lots of floating random objects and artyness that's nothing to do with coffee.

It irritates my teen DDs no end.

All follow on milk ads, for the obvious reason they advertise a product that shouldn't exist!

DearTeddyRobinson Thu 26-Jun-14 12:02:14

Kinder bloody eggs. 'Invented for kids, approved by mums'. What mums? I'm a mum and I don't approve! So fuck you!!! Agghhhhhh gives me the RAGE angryangry

Lunaballoon Thu 26-Jun-14 12:11:35

YY the Snoop Dog one and Confused.com - the one with the little robot - I can't stand his electronic voice, makes me want to turn over the minute I hear it!

LizzieMint Thu 26-Jun-14 12:17:17

I can't remember what it's advertising but there's one that has the line 'it's unexplainable' - arrrrgh, INEXPLICABLE!

PseudoBadger Thu 26-Jun-14 12:20:33

"Always be beach ready" FUCK OFF

Xcountry Thu 26-Jun-14 12:27:00

ALL of the personal injury ones, the underdog one, the one with the stupid woman missing an eyebrow and the one where the woman says and all the time, and I've just met my lawyer, and I think I'll cook chicken. bah!!!!

I am still gobsmacked by the Asda advert with a gnome in a mankini. DD thinks it's creepy.

WallyBantersJunkBox Thu 26-Jun-14 13:06:43

Dean Martin? I thought it was Tony Curtis blush ?

She blinks in a really freaky way, I am in agreement it's bloody annoying.

Yes there was a similar thread the other day, but even so I am still happy to post that the smug winking Trivago woman still derserves to be dunked into the canal.

On a side note the Asda pizza on top of a pizza really frightens me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now