Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Can I use my Oyster card to travel from...

(17 Posts)
DoItTooJulia Wed 25-Jun-14 21:22:11

Euston, via Vauxhall to Hampton Court?

Or do I need to buy a ticket for the second leg?

FruVikingessOla Wed 25-Jun-14 21:31:31

Euston and Vauxhall are definitely in the Oyster zone.

And I'm almost sure Hampton Court is too.

Will go and have a look on the TFL website. BBS!

FruVikingessOla Wed 25-Jun-14 21:36:47

Yes, it looks as though you're OK. Hampton Court station is in Zone 6 - and Oysters go out to Zone 9.

This might help www.tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/oyster/using-oyster/where-you-can-use-oyster#on-this-page-2

DoItTooJulia Wed 25-Jun-14 21:39:15

Thank you!

I've been chasing my tail around the tfl website!

Do I love MN!

FruVikingessOla Wed 25-Jun-14 21:41:48

And I hate the new TFL website!! I'm a Londoner and should know my way around - but since they've revamped the TFL website, well, it drives me bonkers!!

DontButterMyNaan Wed 25-Jun-14 21:46:10

Go to the single journey planner on the oyster pages of the tfl site, put in both Euston & Hampton Court and it'll also tell you the fare you'll be charged. Make sure you choose the Euston Underground option and not the mainline station, otherwise no fare will be displayed.

Spherical Wed 25-Jun-14 21:49:05

You going to the flower show, OP?

listsandbudgets Wed 25-Jun-14 21:59:05

I've travelled to Hampton Court using an Oyster Card so I can confirm this is (or at lest was) possible. I took DD for the day she loved it smile

beccajoh Wed 25-Jun-14 22:00:04

Just! The Oyster zone ends about 10 yards down the road!

DoItTooJulia Wed 25-Jun-14 22:03:15

It's not actually me, it's DH, but yes, 'tis the flower show.

He's working there and I was just trying to figure out that leg of the journey with him.

We are (obviously!) not from London, but we do have Oyster cards and it's so much better than buying tickets/faffing around.

DoItTooJulia Wed 25-Jun-14 22:07:00

Ah, Euston Square.

Right out of main entrance to Euston and round the corner?

See, I'm glad I asked!

specialsubject Wed 25-Jun-14 22:09:38

yes, definitely. HC is in the zones.

the palace is just across the road from the station. Henry VIII planned it well. smile

Spherical Wed 25-Jun-14 22:24:29

The flower show is about a ten minute walk from the station if I recall correctly from a few years ago

TheWhispersOfTheGods Wed 25-Jun-14 23:32:56

Euston underground is not Euston square though, you need Euston not Euston square for v
Vauxhall (Victoria line south) - the entrance is in the main Euston station but it can be funny in terms of ticket planning as it is a cross country station.

I love the CityMapper app - works brilliantly for me for all methods of transport (including walking/cycling maps) and tells you exactly how much your journey will cost and when the buses are leaving.

And it's free. smile

DoItTooJulia Thu 26-Jun-14 08:07:41

Right, I've got it. So NOT euston square. Just the Victoria underground line from London euston. Fabulous, thank you!

kalidanger Thu 26-Jun-14 08:10:57

Another vote for Citymapper. The 'get me home/work' bit is fab.

Why doesn't tfl have a decent app? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now