Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Place to say things that you can not say in RL

(133 Posts)
CJCreggsfanclub Wed 25-Jun-14 18:39:21

I want to tell everyone my DH knows to please give him a job.

Fed up of saying "soon everything will be alright." Because it fucking won't be ever again. He used to get paid really well now is having to look at supermarket jobs, he has applied to over 100 jobs in a week.

I am in the toilet hiding (crying)

I want the world to stop so I can get off.

KnackeredMuchly Wed 25-Jun-14 18:47:14

I want to tell my Dad to bugger off saying I have a lot of clutter and 'stuff' which is his code word for 'filthy mess'.

I maintain this teeny tiny house and everyone in it well enough. Stop comparing me to your ginormous house where your neurotic wife cleans daily as she has nothing else to do.

How about you babysit whilst I clean?!

Sorry about your DH CJ flowers

CJCreggsfanclub Wed 25-Jun-14 18:49:07

What does he know, as long as you can move round the house and only get Lego/plug foot occasionally then it is not too cluttered.

helzapoppin2 Wed 25-Jun-14 18:55:51

CJ, I'm so, so sorry that things are difficult recently. I hope with every fibre of my being that your husband gets some replies from those applications, and better luck comes his way. He's doing the right thing. It's a bugger when you live in suspense wondering when things are going to cheer up. Big virtual hug, and let us know how it goes.

CJCreggsfanclub Wed 25-Jun-14 19:00:14

Thanks Helza I have run away for 30 minutes and am just sat sobbing in the car.

This year was meant to be a good year!

Toooldtobearsed Wed 25-Jun-14 19:03:11

CJ, hope things improve, not the same but DS was out of work after Uni, with 2 degrees. I would have crawled over hot coals if it meant him getting work, he was so down about it. BUT, he is working now, in a good job, with prospects, so there will be a happy ending eventually, just hang on in theresmile

called in sick today. never done it in this job and it's been over a year. I've heard people having a good old bitch about other people who have called in sick so I expect there have been some negative comments about me.
what I want to say is going into work when you've been vomming your guts up and unsure which end to put on the toilet (sorry!!) is the sensible thing to do and doesn't make me a pisstaker.

and sorry about your situation, OP.

helzapoppin2 Wed 25-Jun-14 19:10:36

It's really hard supporting someone who's going through a bad time, and you need to let it all out and have a shoulder to cry on.
Things will gradually improve for your husband, I'm sure, and you will feel proud you were there for him "for better, for worse".

Sparklingbrook Wed 25-Jun-14 19:13:17

I don't want DS1 to be 15 next week. I don't want a house full of boy teens coming round to celebrate it with him with their man voices and massive food capacity.

I want him to be 2 again in t shirt and dungaree shorts getting all excited over his pedal car, and a soft play party. And I hated soft play.

<humph>

Hope things look up soon CJ.

PervyMuskrat Wed 25-Jun-14 19:18:52

DH's family, I generally love you all very much. However I am 7.5m pregnant, won't start maternity leave for a while yet and am dealing with a stroppy preschooler on my own whilst DH works away. Stop inviting yourself to my house! I want some time with just the 3 of us before the baby arrives and DS is missing his daddy. I am exhausted and on the verge of snapping at you all, which you don't deserve but please ask before you invite yourselves over.

PervyMuskrat Wed 25-Jun-14 19:19:34

Fingers crossed for your DH CJ

CJCreggsfanclub Wed 25-Jun-14 19:19:47

Oh that sounds grown-up sparkling - mine is 9 soon and that is scary enough.

I have decided today is the bottom, things will only improve even a temp job will be better than this

sparkling that makes me seriously worried about getting broody again once all my kids are in their teens. I love having toddlers around.

Sparklingbrook Wed 25-Jun-14 19:28:08

It seemed to happen all of a sudden. How he can be nearly 15 I have no idea. TBF teenagers and toddlers aren't that different in personality though. grin

CJ that's a good mindset, just keep going, this could still be a good year yet.

TribbleWithoutATardis Wed 25-Jun-14 19:29:58

To SIL,

I know you're ill, I know in a lot of ways you can't help what you're doing to us all. But you're slowly destroying yourself and everything you touch. I hate it and I'm angry beyond belief at you. I just hope that you don't do something stupid that you can't come back from. I love you, I hope you beat this but I'll admit to being a cynical cow who has seen this sort of thing far too much to have too much hope.

MIL, please don't kill yourself by running yourself into the ground over this.

silverten Wed 25-Jun-14 20:18:25

Dear Mate

I know you're down about our girls growing up, but you need to stop making it so abundantly clear that you're not looking forward to her starting school.

Because your DD is a)quite perceptive and b)a massive drama queen, and she will seize joyfully on this golden opportunity to wind you up, play you like a fiddle and generally make your mornings a complete nightmare, just for the hell of it.

Muskey Wed 25-Jun-14 20:28:08

Dn you really need to learn to grow up and stop being so fecking miserable. You have so many gifts and talents and it makes me so sad to hear you go on the way you do. Start thinking about other people for a change.

Op I hope your situation gets better

MsBumble Wed 25-Jun-14 20:36:28

My mother spent all of her redundancy money, and waited until she had £200 left in her account to start looking for a job.

As a result I am now supporting her and my 3 children, buying her food, household products, paying her rent and council tax and I'm fed up. I have an 8 week old and now can't even afford to buy a pram.

I pretend it's ok, but underneath I'm very annoyed that she let this happen angry

Mrsjayy Wed 25-Jun-14 20:43:24

Cj im sorry things are horrible atm , I want dd1 to move out she is grumpy and too anal to live here now she flops about like a humphy teenager when she isnt I feel she would mature if she had her own place, I obviously love the bones of the girl and I would never ask her to leave , that sounds awful blush

Mrsjayy Wed 25-Jun-14 20:45:22

sparkling there was a few toddlers in dungarees at work today it was beyond cute

Trollsworth Wed 25-Jun-14 20:46:57

I am not a cash point and my sons DLA is not your personal loan.

Sparklingbrook Wed 25-Jun-14 20:47:57

I don't know what it is about boy toddlers in shorts dungarees in the summer Mrsjayy but DS1 lived in them and was so sweet. smile

SnapeAndLily Wed 25-Jun-14 20:50:43

I wish we could all say these things in real life.
flowers to everybody

I'd like to say to my boss: I work really fucking very hard. I am in school on the weekend. I answer my emails at stupid times. I spent a week away from my family to care for the children of others. How do you think I feel when you want to cut my hours down to accommodate my returning job share, who wants to do as little as possible, with as little responsibility as possible. Why don't you give her the PPA cover. Goodbye, goodwill sad

Mrsjayy Wed 25-Jun-14 20:51:59

They little boys who had them on were adorable they seem to be making a come back, I didn't see any last summer

Mrsjayy Wed 25-Jun-14 20:56:29

This is a nice one but I think my neighbours baby is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen but that just sounds weird and stalkery grin but she is,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now