Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Funny shopping delivery subs

(50 Posts)
ots Wed 25-Jun-14 16:17:49

Anyone have any good ones?

Today I had ordered a pack of 10 cocktail sausages. They subbed it with a tuna crunch sandwich confused

A few months ago, I ordered a jar of chinese 5 spice. They subbed it with a bag of prawn crackers grin

Also today, this isnt a funny one, but they subbed my value range pasta for their standard brand. They are exactly the same, and the standard brand is about 3 times the price.

ShatnersBassoon Wed 25-Jun-14 16:19:58

I never get any funny ones. I got profiteroles instead of éclairs once hmm. I feel like I'm missing out.

HenI5 Wed 25-Jun-14 16:24:55

I use Ocado and to be honest it's really rare I get any substitutions and I've never had an amusing one sad

But have you ever read this thread especially the story about the owl grin

A trifle instead of a plain greek yoghurt is the most random I’ve had. I had 3 travel size mini tresseme bottles subbed for massive full size ones the other week, I was chuffed grin

Shouldwego Wed 25-Jun-14 16:29:25

Surely with the pasta they have only charged you for the value range one that you ordered? I thought everywhere charged you the lower price if they substituted with a higher priced item??

Shouldwego Wed 25-Jun-14 16:30:45

I ordered eggs once, and white bread another time. Both times the items were unavailable and they were unable to find a suitable substitute hmm

Seriously are they saying there were no eggs in the whole of Tesco????

Or no white bread????

AmenGirl Wed 25-Jun-14 16:41:08

A spaghetti carbonara ready meal for 2 pots of white sauce...

A huge family bag of dried couscous instead of a 60p instant rice sachet for work...

Tiny appetizer style peppers with stuffed cheese instead of Peppers

ots Wed 25-Jun-14 16:44:44

Saved that thread to read later.
Yeah I was only charged for the value, just find it crazy that it is 3 times the price yet looks and tastes identical!

shouldwego it depends on the supermarket.

I've had chocolate coconut milk several times for regular coconut milk. Not so great on my morning cereal, especially when there are other brands of coconut milk.

OeufieTheEggaphant Wed 25-Jun-14 16:48:31

My mil had garlic bread instead of her strawberry trifle confused

plinkyplonker Wed 25-Jun-14 16:48:38

I'm so sad that I've now moved. I used to love my old Asda order pickers, as when I was given subs I used to get random free stuff thrown in too and it was pretty much every time. I'm not sure whether the pickers felt sorry for me that I shopped in Asda or just weren't arsed. I would order 1 mango and get 2x multipacks of mangos instead. They never had creme brulees in either, so every week I would still order them and see what selection of desserts I got instead.

Thisvehicleisreversing Wed 25-Jun-14 16:50:28

I once had a pasta sauce substituted for........the exact same pasta sauce. Same brand, same flavour. Strange.

HappyMedium Wed 25-Jun-14 16:56:17

This week's sub was Tesco pork loin steaks instead of...... Tesco,pork loin steaks. confused

teacupnic Wed 25-Jun-14 17:04:42

Not a substitution as such, more just me being stupid, but...

I used to do my Mum's online shopping for her and she'd asked me to buy some veg, including a Turnip. Now, what she actually meant or what Sainsbury's called it was a Swede.

A little teeny weeny turnip the size of a radish didn't go down to well to have with Sunday lunch when it arrived...oops!

happygirl87 Wed 25-Jun-14 19:50:42

We once had a studenty party- few bowls of crisps, cocktail sausages, but no real food, and MASSES of booze. DP home brews and had made litres and litres.

Ordered tesco delivery shortly before the party- just to bring cups and 20 kg of ice (we had no car). When the tesco delivery arrived they had substituted my 5 x 100 plastic cups for 5 x 100 piece plastic cutlery grin

We had to ransack all the local corner shops (London) for their entirely over priced plastic cups!

PresidentTwonk Wed 25-Jun-14 20:38:20

My ex MIL got 12 loaves of white sliced bread (as well as the four loaves of white sliced bread she had already ordered) as a sub for steak......

Naoko Wed 25-Jun-14 20:43:24

Not a sub, but Sainsbury's brought me 5kg of bananas and two dozen eggs I hadn't ordered. I pointed out to the delivery man those clearly weren't mine, but he just shrugged and told me to keep them. I took it as a sign, and made a massive batch of banana bread.

BuilderMammy Wed 25-Jun-14 20:46:04

4 chocolate ring doughnuts for 4 chocolate ring donuts that were 3 times the price, and they charged me the higher price.

TheCSLibraryPree Wed 25-Jun-14 20:58:28

Often the same replacing same items are a slightly different weight. I once ordered 2 x chicken breasts 600g that were BOGOF, they substituted more expensive and smaller organic chicken breasts but gave me twice as many packs because it was the only way to get the weight I'd ordered!!

TheCSLibraryPree Wed 25-Jun-14 20:59:18

Think the packs they sent were 450g so, instead of 1.2kg I ended up with 1.8kg!!

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Wed 25-Jun-14 21:00:12

My subs were alright this week but they did forget to actually leave me all of my shopping. They had to drop the rest round the next day. I'd ordered some packs of sushi so I had to leave a cool bag in the porch when I went out. Needless to say they came when I was out but thank god they read my note and used the cool bag! It was hot here yesterday.

spiderlight Wed 25-Jun-14 21:01:41

I ordered an avocado. Tesco substituted two spiral-bound notebooks confused

I ordered recycled toilet paper. Ocado substituted recycled kitchen roll. This was not funny, as I had only done the delivery because I was in the depths of a colitis flare, was perilously close to running out of loo roll and could barely leave the bathroom for long enough to get to the front door, let alone the shop!

notapizzaeater Wed 25-Jun-14 21:04:18

Order size 4 easy fit pampers and they sent me a packet of Always !

fairnotfair Wed 25-Jun-14 21:05:35

I ordered parsley.
They brought a courgette.

They are both green...

kelper Wed 25-Jun-14 21:07:42

I once had 6 large bottles of cod liver oil tablets in my order.
I hadn't ordered even one, the driver had no idea whose they were, so i kept them! I wish it had been wine instead, that never happens does it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now