Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

If you are a larger lady and you go camping can you fit comfortably in a normal single sleeping bag?

(15 Posts)
Xihha Tue 24-Jun-14 23:09:20

I need to buy myself a new sleeping bag, I'm a size 18, but have been using a double sleeping bag the last few years as one or other DC generally climbs in with me, the kids sleeping bags are kids size ones so can't just try theirs for size.

Its for a guiding thing so no chance of my dc needing to snuggle and I'm sharing with other leaders so can't really use the double one as it takes up too much space and doubt any of them want to cuddle up with me wink

Yes of course! I'm large but sleeping bags are fairly roomy!

MrsCharlesBrandon Tue 24-Jun-14 23:14:06

I'm an 18-20 and have a sleep pod. I love being able to move around in the night and ds can fit in it with me.

Packs up about the same size as a mummy sleeping bag too!

Didyouhearmeontheradio Tue 24-Jun-14 23:17:00

I'm an 18-20, and have a mummy shaped bag. It's ok, but I feel a bit claustrophobic sometimes, can't turn well, tight at shoulder level. Also find thermarest type mattress a lot less comfy than the less over-padded people in the family. My hips get really sore.

NecklessMumster Tue 24-Jun-14 23:17:37

Yes, of course you can. I'm an 18 & have no problems with this and it never crossed my mind. I don't like 'mummy' bags tho..cos they make me feel claustrophobic. I have been eyeing up some bigger ones in argos that look comfy

steppemum Tue 24-Jun-14 23:17:51

what is a sleep pod? i have googled it, but don't get anything like a sleeping bag

FishWithABicycle Tue 24-Jun-14 23:18:19

I'm size 20-22 and don't have any issues, there's plenty of room.

NecklessMumster Tue 24-Jun-14 23:19:25

Sleep pods..thats what I meant
Big sleepin bags.

Xihha Tue 24-Jun-14 23:20:12

grin awesome, so i can get a pretty sleeping bag, not a boring larger black one. thanks.

TheReluctantCountess Tue 24-Jun-14 23:21:33

I've always just used a duvet.

Noodledoodledoo Tue 24-Jun-14 23:24:02

I am an 18-20 no issue at all with normal sleeping bags of all styles. Also have no issue with my thermarest I find the opposite of didyouhear and my skinnier friends find them uncomfortable.

MrsCharlesBrandon Tue 24-Jun-14 23:27:06

Sleep pod

Mine is teal, and so comfortable!

I have one of these. Loadsaroom! But snuggly too. www.camperlands.co.uk/vango-nitestar-300xlsq-sleeping-bag.html

Selks Tue 24-Jun-14 23:32:46

Those sleep pods are the best! I've got one. Hate 'mummy' sleeping bags - so restrictive.

Spacefrog35 Tue 24-Jun-14 23:36:29

I must have a really small sleeping bag as I can only just zip mine up and I can't turn comfortably in it once I'm in. I'm a 16 blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now