Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Funny bits in films what are your favourites?

(91 Posts)
LittleMisslikestobebythesea Tue 24-Jun-14 21:49:21

I'm just watching love actually, and every time I laugh at the bit where they are going to the show, and the child is dressed as an octopus and struggles to get out of the car.

It's not even that funny it just has me in hysterics for some reason grin

SmellsOfBiscuits Tue 24-Jun-14 21:56:52

The bit in Bridesmaids when they get the runs in the posh wedding dress shop.

ALittleFaith Tue 24-Jun-14 21:59:52

8 is a lot of legs David That's one of those quotes that we use a lot in our house.

I love Pitch Perfect (might be watching it right now!). Love Fat Amy quotes.

Sunnymeg Tue 24-Jun-14 22:00:37

The 'Leaning' conversation in While you were sleeping. When Jack and Joe Junior accuse each other of leaning into Lucy.

mouse26 Tue 24-Jun-14 22:01:31

same as biscuits - I laugh so much I struggle to breathe when the bride is sitting in the road shitting herself in bridesmaids grin

MilkandCereal Tue 24-Jun-14 22:04:56

'Putting On The Ritz' from Young Frankenstein.

Also 'Blucher!'

'There wolf,there castle'

Too many scenes from Young Frankenstein to name.T

FreudiansSlipper Tue 24-Jun-14 22:06:08

My Cousin Vinny

Vinny walking into court in a what looks like a Liberace suit

MilkandCereal Tue 24-Jun-14 22:08:33

He said Jehovah! From The Life of Brian. Actually all of that film.

Also Brave Sir Robin from Holy Grail. Again,all of it.

shouldnthavesaid Tue 24-Jun-14 22:09:16

Everything in Airplane. I can quote most of it. Favourites especially though are the red zone/white zone argument - 'Listen Betty, don't start up with your white zone shit again' - and when they're trying to take off - 'Roger, Roger, what's our vector, Victor?' and the captain speaking to Joey. It's the subtle jokes in that film and the way everything is delivered dead pan that makes it so funny.

Also Dumb and Dumber - when the blind child is given the poor budgie. 'Pretty bird, pretty bird..' and the poor bird's merely been sellotaped together.

Also, Carry on Camping whenever Betty Marsden's in the scene. Was introduced to Carry On at age. 12 or so and love them if I'm bored/fed up, cheers me up smile

shouldnthavesaid Tue 24-Jun-14 22:11:42

Milk 'No-one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle. Even if, and I will make this absolutely clear, even if they do say Jehovah' grin.

Amazing film, my granda watches it every Christmas and always ends up crying laughing.

WowserBowser Tue 24-Jun-14 22:12:50

When Austen Powers does an approximately 25 point turn

MilkandCereal Tue 24-Jun-14 22:15:35

'Im shocked,shocked,to find that gambling is going on in here!' from Casablanca.

All from a great French comedy called The Closet.

The parade scene
Lunch with Felix
The pink sweater
All of it.

'I'm wet and I'm hysterical' from The Producers. The original of course.

Also the whole 'Springtime For Hitler' part.

SarahAndFuck Tue 24-Jun-14 22:16:33

The bit in Ferris Bueller's Day Off where the two garage attendants have stolen the ferrari and are driving it so fast it lifts off the road. They show it in slow motion and play the Star Wars music. They look so happy.

The bit in Despicable Me where Gru shouts "I'll stuff you all in the crust" when the girls and the minions want pizza. And the bit where he first tells the girls that the minions are his cousins and then catches them messing about and making a mess. Edith says "It was your cousins idea" and the minion is outraged and says "wha!?"

STOPwiththehahaheheloling Tue 24-Jun-14 22:16:38

Not a film but the bit in the big bang theory where Sheldon karate chops Leonard on the neck and says "she is not for you. NOT for you!" Regarding Amy. grin

WallyBantersJunkBox Tue 24-Jun-14 22:18:16

Meet the Fockers when Barbera Streisand says "Our people don't shoot ducks". I have no idea why that cracks me up.

Also the bit where she is upstairs in bed role playing with Dustin Hoffman and he plays Sam the carpet cleaner and asks if he can "put some foam down on your rug.." while Robert De Niro is downstairs straight faced.

MilkandCereal Tue 24-Jun-14 22:19:25

Yes to 'I'll stuff you all in ze crust!'

YolandiFuckinVisser Tue 24-Jun-14 22:20:00

The bit in Nuts in May where they make Ray sing the Zoo song.

FayKnights Tue 24-Jun-14 22:20:37

The bit in Stir Crazy where Richard Pryor wakes up in the cramped prison cell and thinks that he can't feel his legs, he is actually touching Gene Wilders leg! Crap when I describe it but visually it's hilarious! The whole film is very amusing.

MilkandCereal Tue 24-Jun-14 22:22:25

This from The Emperor's New Groove.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Tue 24-Jun-14 22:22:25

The bit in Wolf of Wall Street where he tries to get down the stairs and into his car and attempts to drive home. Tears down my face!

Dogsmom Tue 24-Jun-14 22:22:33

Pretty much all of Step Brothers but also in Planes, trains and automobiles when Steve Martin wakes up with John Candy spooning him "those aren't pillows!"

MilkandCereal Tue 24-Jun-14 22:25:56

You're making me want to watch it right now,Shouldnthavesaid.

ShatnersBassoon Tue 24-Jun-14 22:26:26

Bill Murray's statically-charged combover in Kingpin, and the shit-cloud from the same film.

minniebar Tue 24-Jun-14 22:27:38

Inspector Clouseau. Just makes me giggle thinking of any of it really - but at this time of year, whenever I see a moth I'm replaying the whole 'A meuth?' 'Yes, a meeeeuth' scene in my head. And thinking that I'm hilarious.

MilkandCereal Tue 24-Jun-14 22:28:16

Also this from Spaceballs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now