Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

My SIL really hurt me today

(42 Posts)
Annunziata Tue 24-Jun-14 20:35:32

She really doesn't like my DSes, all she does is complain.... He thinks he is a gift from God, can he wipe his own arse or do you do that for him? etc.

And today she asked in front of all of the family if I have to go to DS1's work and breastfeed him in breaks. I am so angry and everyone just laughs when I tell them confused

Xihha Tue 24-Jun-14 20:37:37

tell her in no uncertain terms to fuck off and keep her bitchy comments to herself.

OpiesOldLady Tue 24-Jun-14 20:37:52

Urgh, she sounds like a right charmer. I'd be tempted to tell her to fuck right off.

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Tue 24-Jun-14 20:38:17

She needs a slap.

annielouise Tue 24-Jun-14 20:38:57

Why don't you turn to her sharply when she says something like that, with a frown on your face, say something like "I beg your pardon?! Don't talk about my son like that." Maybe add if you continue being insulting we'll fall out. Tell her you don't criticise her kids - if she has any - and expect the same respect for your family. Tell her how you bring your kids up is none of her business and would she kindly keep her thoughts to herself. Be calm, but quite clipped and a little sharp in your speech. You don't need to put up with it so you need to say something.

DraggingDownDownDown Tue 24-Jun-14 20:39:10

How old is your DS? What is making her say stuff like that i.e the build up to it?

Scousadelic Tue 24-Jun-14 20:39:27

Perfect chance to use the phrase "Did you mean to be so rude?"

foadmn Tue 24-Jun-14 20:39:41

I don't like the sound of her at all. Sound surprised..."How vulgar!" and move on because she isn't worth your attention.

Annunziata Tue 24-Jun-14 20:40:48

Everyone else just laughs and makes me feel like I am so unreasonable to be hurt! I just ignore her but it is so hard.

My oldest is 24.

Tell Sil to go fuck herself. She's a bully Op.

I'm not one for violence but if someone spoke like that about my dc's I would gladly strangle them.

Nomama Tue 24-Jun-14 20:44:41

You are going to have to ask for a list to add to the did you mean to be so rude...

Good grief, what bit you today?
Fuck off!
I beg your pardon?
Fuck off!
I can't believe you just said that!
Fuck off!
How dare you?
Fuck off!
What the hell do you think you are doing?
Fuck off!
Ex cer use me?
Fuck off!
Christ, you bitch!
Fuck off!

grin haha nomama!

Annunziata Tue 24-Jun-14 20:47:49

grin Oh I wish!!!

Nomama Tue 24-Jun-14 20:48:00

Oh, I once, at a BIG family do, intended to tell my poison dwarf SIL that I couldn't quite believe she had said whatever it was she had trotted out.... but it came out as fuck off you bitch!

MIL was well impressed. And I mean, couldn't stop retelling the story for years, impressed.

moggiek Tue 24-Jun-14 20:49:15

She's obviously a very jealous woman. What do you have that she doesn't?

NumberOneFan Tue 24-Jun-14 20:51:14

Ouch! That's just nasty. Really nasty. Does she have her own children?

NumberOneFan Tue 24-Jun-14 20:52:32

moggiek I totally agree! Hence my "Does she have her own children?" Question...

OpiesOldLady Tue 24-Jun-14 20:53:02

Manners and a civil tongue in her head, by the sounds of it moggiek

Seriously, don't take her shite any longer. Next time she starts on, roll your eyes as if very bored and say 'Not again... not got anything else to whinge about?'

Or tell her to fuck off. Same difference wink

Annunziata Tue 24-Jun-14 20:54:14

Yes, she does have children. We've never got on really.

HildaOgden Tue 24-Jun-14 20:55:26

Next time she makes a 'breastfeeding a 24 year old' comment,tell her that it makes her sound quite perverted.Because it does.

Now,be honest with yourself....is there any truth in what she says about you babying him?The fact that others you tell (who presumably know you)just laugh suggest maybe there is.Not saying she has any right to comment,but many a true word is said in jest.

NumberOneFan Tue 24-Jun-14 20:58:17

Does she have Sons or Daughters? Could she be jealous of how well your sons have done for themselves do you think? I see you say you've never got on, but clearly she is jealous of you for some reason.

Annunziata Tue 24-Jun-14 21:01:26

He is spoiled, but he is so lovely and polite, and he is learning to do his own ironing now!

foadmn Tue 24-Jun-14 21:05:42

you can spoil your child, it isn't a sin. its not up to other people to criticise. i often think that those who do aren't giving enough attention to their own children.

i have one child. she's the centre of my universe and i don't care who knows it.

HildaOgden Tue 24-Jun-14 21:09:51

'He is spoiled'

There you go then,by your own admission he's spoiled.While your SIL doesn't have the right to be so offensive,you might want to take on board the message she is giving you... that that's how you are viewed.As an over-indulgent Mother.

Time to cut the apron strings and stop babying him,methinks.It's not healthy (and at 24 years of age,of course he should be ironing his own clothes....he is a fully grown man!!!).

Poppet1974 Tue 24-Jun-14 21:13:51

You def has something she doesn't hence the jealously!! Why else would anyone go out of their way to be such a dick?
Is it possible she's jealous of the relationship you have with your children?
She sounds horrendous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now