Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Weird unexplainable crushes

(137 Posts)
Cumberlover76 Tue 24-Jun-14 12:37:54

Ok, I know it's been done to death on here, but I need to get this out of my head as it may help, or may just make it more so.....

I've got a weird unexplainable crush on Nev from the Call Centre. Why? When i see him on TV I think about doing things with him. if i see the name 'Nev' it makes me think of doing things to him. He's so not my type, as you can see from my name, I am a Cumberlover, tall, skinny (although DH is more muscley), I've not got a weird Welsh fetish and he's much older than me, fat and bald. I have no idea what it is, but i can't help myself, odd.

Anyone else got any weird, unexplainable crushes they want to admit to?

OriginofSymmetry Tue 24-Jun-14 12:47:05

Jeez! I just googled him. That is WEIRD. None of my weird crushes can possibly stand up to him. In fact he makes all my weird crushes seem normal grin.

RamsaySnowsSausage Tue 24-Jun-14 12:47:25

Teller from Penn and Teller. I don't know why confused

And Jools Holland blush

OriginofSymmetry Tue 24-Jun-14 12:49:07

Ok. I'll admit to the guy who was in the Cadbury chocolate ad. You know the one where he was sort of dancing in his chair. Still better than Nev!!

UriGeller Tue 24-Jun-14 12:53:21

I like Nev. i bet he'd be a riot in bed. He's the sort of cheeky bastard that would have me laughing my pants off within 5 minutes.

I have a weird thing for Billy Bob Thornton. I've no idea what Fargo was about, only that Billy Bob was in it, with stupid hair. But BBT especially in Bad Santa.

Cumberlover76 Tue 24-Jun-14 13:03:35

Thanks Uri, I think that too. I suppose i do find men that make me laugh a turn on...

BBT is amazing in Fargo, and I love Martin Freeman too. Not up to date yet, but getting there, I do get a bit lost with it sometimes though.

Absy Tue 24-Jun-14 13:14:16

Bald, muscly men with hairy backs. I totally SWOON every time I see one. I think it's because I had a crush on this AWESOME guy called the Captain who was bald, hairy and muscly. (DH has a full head of hair, is slim and a normal level of hairiness). I think this explains why I find Stanley Tucci unbelievably hot.

squoosh Tue 24-Jun-14 13:16:44

Nev is bad. I mean pretty, pretty bad.

But someone on MN fancies Vladimir Putin. No else tops that.

Absy Tue 24-Jun-14 13:18:38

How can you not fancy Putin? He's the manliest man in the world

Absy Tue 24-Jun-14 13:19:57

but he also has a softer side

You know who is actually hot and Russian? Abramovich. Phwoar. Though the hottest oligarch by far is Khodorkovsky

Cumberlover76 Tue 24-Jun-14 13:20:29

Ha ha, Vladimir Putin grin grin that makes me feel a little better!

Absy Tue 24-Jun-14 13:24:42

It could be worse - you could fancy Michael Gove

squoosh Tue 24-Jun-14 13:25:43

Absy I bow to your knowledge of dodgy Russian bajillionaires!

But yes, Gove is far worse.

Gruntfuttock Tue 24-Jun-14 13:32:44

Abramovich reminds me of Damon Albarn.

squoosh Tue 24-Jun-14 13:35:25

Yes, they do have a similar something!

Cumberlover76 Tue 24-Jun-14 13:38:43

Does someone actually fancy Gove? He is odd.

squoosh Tue 24-Jun-14 13:42:10

Mrs Gove?

Nah.

Absy Tue 24-Jun-14 13:44:03

I don't think anyone fancies Gove, apart from his wife maybe.
I was watching Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost ark and noticed the similarity between Gove and the Nazi guy

amiright?

UriGeller Tue 24-Jun-14 13:45:30

David Cameron must do.

ClockWatchingLady Tue 24-Jun-14 14:11:48

If we're talking politics, who else thinks Ahmedinejad's a bit of a looker?

RiverTam Tue 24-Jun-14 14:14:56

oh, I like Abramovich, glad I'm not the only one.

RiverTam Tue 24-Jun-14 14:16:56

my main oddities are elves, Haldir (LOTR) and Thranduil (Hobbit). Love 'em, even if they are as camp as Christmas.

squoosh Tue 24-Jun-14 14:23:45

I fancy António Horta-Osório, the head of Lloyd's.

Not a politician but a banker, so even worse really.

roundandround51 Tue 24-Jun-14 14:26:09

Thats ok Squoosh have been in the same room as him and he is attractive.

Was also in the same room as Jamie Dimon head of JP Morgan and he was very attractive

Absy Tue 24-Jun-14 14:29:29

Sergio Ermotti and Joseph Ackerman also have a quality, as does Anshu Jain. I have a theory that Whatsisface Baldwin's character in 30 Rock was based on Ackerman. I know another banker who is freaking ridiculously good looking - like George Clooney. When I first met him I couldn't speak. I just kind of gawped at him. Which was embarrassing because he's DH's boss

Ahmadenijad does have good bone structure. Nice cheekbones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now