Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Recommend your prams

(54 Posts)
TreacleMoon123 Mon 23-Jun-14 22:18:33

Preferably a travel system. Looking at the iCandy but it's very expensive.

stargirl1701 Mon 23-Jun-14 22:22:10

Love, love, love our Stokke Xplory. We've used it every day and DD is now 21 months. Pushes like a dream and seems comfortable for DD.

We travel by bus and car from a rural location.

TreacleMoon123 Mon 23-Jun-14 22:25:49

Great, thanks star girl. I'll look it up now.
Anyone else like to give me their valued opinions please?!

I loved my mamas and papas pliko pramette. Had we had DS a little later we would have used it again! (Had to buy a double because DD couldn't walk far)

Trampampoline Mon 23-Jun-14 22:32:44

baby jogger city mini xt.

I had a pliko pramette for first two DCs and the BJCM pisses all over it smile

A really well designed and well made piece of kit.

whitepuddingsupper Mon 23-Jun-14 22:34:28

My graco quattro is still going strong after 3 years and was reasonably cheap. The only downside is it is still massive even when folded so not great for small car boots or public transport but it's a great buggy for walking with and the basket fits loads of shopping in it.

tertle Mon 23-Jun-14 22:34:28

I have the uppababy cruz and I really like it. Dd seems really comfy it it. The shopping basket it huge! And it's easy to steer around town (i do most things on foot or public transport). Only con would be thst it's not that easy to fold; you need two hands.

Luckymum87 Mon 23-Jun-14 22:37:06

I'm completely in love with my bugaboo it was second hand but versatile easy to push and comfy wish I'd bought it straight away!

Blondieminx Mon 23-Jun-14 22:38:35

iCandy Apple.

Was brilliant, one chassis then just click in the carseat, carrycot or buggy seat (faces front or rear facing) and had brilliant height adjustable handle for 6 foot 6 DH!

Tricycletops Mon 23-Jun-14 22:40:19

I absolutely love our Uppababy Vista. It's a bit of a beast so perhaps not the best option if you want to use buses much, but if you do lots of walking it's fantastic.

The iCandy's carrycot seems small - I saw a 10 week old the other day who had practically outgrown it!

beccajoh Mon 23-Jun-14 22:41:14

Baby Jogger city mini! You can attach a car seat. It's not enormous, doesn't cost a fortune, lie flat seat (just about) if you don't want to buy the carry cot attachment. Folds SO easily, light, easy to push. I love it! It's as good for my daughter now at almost two as it was when she was a 2.9kg newborn.

Only downside is that it doesn't parent face, although newer models might? That never bothered me though.

Tricycletops Mon 23-Jun-14 22:41:37

One plus about the Vista is that it comes with everything (raincover, carseat adaptors etc) - with a lot of travel systems the add-ons seem quite pricey. The built-in sunshade is great as well.

JontyMyers Mon 23-Jun-14 22:55:16

Ive bought a bebecar grand style i tried out the bugaboo and vista as the obvious top choice on the mumsnet reviews or so i thought hmm the carrycot on my pram can be used up until 1 year old and it came with a massive seat unit too and a metal shopping basket instead of fabric smile its as bulky as a bugaboo or uppababy but unlike those strollers it it a real pram that justifies its footprint by the amount you can store in it and under it which means going into town or to the supermarket will be a breeze for me grin and getting on buses if i need to will be easy to. and best part is it only cost me £569.50 Bargain in my book considering i was going to spend £1,250 on a silvercross pram
it all depends what you need the pram for OP

Bugaboo bee for city living is Amazing!

AuntieBrenda Mon 23-Jun-14 23:02:29

eBay is your friend smile

SweetPeaPods Mon 23-Jun-14 23:05:11

Love our iCandy peach
Don't love how much it's now costing to convert to double

riskit4abiskit Mon 23-Jun-14 23:10:15

Also love our babyjogger

MissHC Mon 23-Jun-14 23:12:02

Very happy with our iCandy Peach here. Easy to push and hugr basket.

squirrelweasel Mon 23-Jun-14 23:13:32

I wasted nearly £1000 on a pram for my 4th child. An inglesina classica, completely impractical but very beautiful only used it 6 times sad I have a yellow submarine maclaren and a bebecar stylo.

Ronmione Mon 23-Jun-14 23:39:18

I've had far to many prams to admit to! And none of them are perfect. The travel system prams are great when they are tiny babies, butadiene the novelty if a pram wears off they becomes heavy and take up way too much boot space.

My advice would be buy the one one you really want but from eBay, so when you stop using it, it doesn't feel such a waste, and then get a nice light weight one like a mclaren/ city mini.

LongTailedTit Tue 24-Jun-14 01:04:27

I have two, both can be used for both toddler and newborn, bought the Bee as I was finding our BJCM too heavy when pregnant.

Baby Jogger City Mini 3-wheel (bought new at John Lewis, but wish I'd got the extra-brilliant GT version for the adjustable handle)
Pros: Fantastically easy fold (fold and carry in one movement), build quality superb, wheels big enough to go pretty smoothly over grass/rough surfaces, roomy, giant hood is fantastic (often don't need rain cover on), reclines v easily, rain cover v well designed, used it for DC1 1yo-3yo and have used it for newborn DC2 by adding a Bugaboo Cocoon. Wheels pop off/on easily if nec for car boot etc.
Best pushchair on the market IMO.
Cons: I find it heavy to steer, and it can be a bit tippy on corners/slopes. Not parent facing (try Baby Jogger Versa which turns both ways). Brake bar gets kicked a lot as it's placed v far back.

Bugaboo Bee+ (bought 2nd hand off eBay)
Pros: Wonderfully light to steer, turns on a sixpence, adjustable handle, seat faces both ways and lays flat for newborns. Folds pretty small. Very practical in town.
Cons: Flimsy, and feels like it might break apart at any moment! Crap on anything but smooth surfaces. Irritatingly small wheels that get stuck everywhere. Straps easy to push off shoulders (all toddlers I know who have one end up just strapped in at the waist). Titchy hood. Nickable.
Good condition 2nd hand ones with a couple of accessories go for about £250 on eBay.

LongTailedTit Tue 24-Jun-14 01:06:43

Meant to add re the Bee+ - the car seat adapters are really easy to click on/off, and you just recline the seat slightly to make room for the car seat above.

Xcountry Tue 24-Jun-14 01:10:32

Silvercross balmoral, not everyones choice but I love it. I don't need it to be folded up, my cars big enough for it to go in left up and I don't do public transport. Wheels are fantastic for where I live and my lifestyle, going to all the agri shows, farmers market and sitting it in the field when I have work to do

zoobaby Tue 24-Jun-14 02:16:33

Our travel system is a Britax Vigour which was inherited from SIL and is currently transporting it's 3rd passenger. Has really kept its looks (material just a little faded). Features I love: ability to manouvre in tight spots (3 wheels) and its tyres which have proper air inflated rubber. Downside: too wide for aisle on bus (need to get on rear door).

Want2bSupermum Tue 24-Jun-14 02:36:51

I got the babyjogger citiselect with everything. Thank goodness I did that because before we knew it DS was on his way and we needed that 2nd seat. If I am using the subway I take my maclaren.

Knowing what I know now I would only buy 2nd hand. I got my $425 Maclaren for $12. It looks like new and when DS poouked in it I didn't care. I removed the seat, put in the washing machine and it came out looking like new.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now