Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Can I ask a quick question - did you get your figure back after your second child?

(46 Posts)
dottytablecloth Tue 17-Jun-14 19:55:47

I lost the weight from dc1 fairly easily and after a year I was slimmer than before I got pregnant, not sure why as I didn't diet.

I'm now pregnant again and dc1 will be 23 months when dc2 is born.

Am being very vain I know but I really want to get my body back after this final pregnancy.

I've been horrendously sick and the only way to cope is to eat so at 16 weeks I have a bump- with number 1 I still didn't look properly pregnant until about 25 weeks.

I'll be having a section too (second one) and this worries me also in terms of getting my shape back.

Can I ask what everyone else's experience was?

AntinousWild Tue 17-Jun-14 19:57:48

I had two emcs and two huge bumps. I am slimmer and arguably look better than after dc1. I even have a 6 pack.

Preciousbane Tue 17-Jun-14 20:00:13

No six pack here, my vital stats are about two inches more, though I weigh pretty much the same as pre pregnancy, well about 4 to 6lbs more.

MrsAtticus Tue 17-Jun-14 20:02:32

9 weeks after ds2 and 2nd c-section I am just under a stone heavier than I was before I got pregnant, and feeling optimistic at this point! The ops have affected my shape though. I put on a lot of weight with both pregnancies, but most of it just comes back off without any effort thanks to bfing.

Yes! 1.5 to 2 stone lighter than I was before my first child and loads fitter. For me it was knowing my pregnancies were done and dusted - gave me the motivation to sort myself out once and for all!

dottytablecloth Tue 17-Jun-14 20:10:23

Good to hear some optimistic replies!

MaryWestmacott Tue 17-Jun-14 20:12:13

DC2 is a year, I'm about 2kg lighter than when I got pregnant, but i've still got a tummy and my boobs have sagged a lot after this one which they didn't after DC1. This time round it's looking a lot harder. Sorry.

abigboydidit Tue 17-Jun-14 20:15:55

Honestly? 2 DCs - 20 months apart. 1 EMCS then a VBAC. Youngest is now 17 months and both times I was back to size 8 pretty fast. However, this time the difference is that any pigging out or boozing or bloating and I look about 3 month pregnant again shock I definitely need to work on my abs but haven't had the motivation yet. So superficially, yes my figure is back but my body has definitely changed.

LizzieMint Tue 17-Jun-14 20:20:14

I got straight back to pre-preg weight within a couple of weeks after DC2 with just breastfeeding.

My problem was that when I stopped breastfeeding (10 months), I didn't stop eating the extra calories and that's when I put weight on!

Not me. After DS1 I was back in normal clothes at 6 weeks. With DS2 I have a stone to lose (he's almost 4), but as it's spread around I don't notice it so much. My waist is thicker too and have a little tum which I don't think I can get rid of. BUT I think this was due to not being able to exercise like I did with DS1 during pregnancy. I had very low BP with DS2 and even a short walk or getting groceries from car to house would leave me dizzy and needing to lie down until I came right. So for about 6mths I moved very little.

We have quite a sedentary lifestyle where we've just moved to now, I have just forced myself to start running, I will see if I can shift the stone and tone up again.

DeathMetalMum Tue 17-Jun-14 20:23:49

I don't really weigh myself but dd is 14 months and I know by clothes that I am larger than when I fell pregnant with her dd1 was this age pretty much plus I have a bit more of a tummy. Though when dd1 was this age I was also the slimmest I had been for a while. After dd1 was born (around 12 months) I was about a size 6-8 now I'm a size 8-10 which is my 'normal' size anyway.

My figure is covered in stretch marks and I have a wobbly tummy with excess skin but things still seem to be changing and I am not actively exercising though probably walking a minimum of two miles a day on the nursery run alone.

Annietheacrobat Tue 17-Jun-14 20:26:45

Yes. Am back to my pre DD1 weight. Didn't between DD1 and DD2 (nearly 3 year gap). Started weight watchers and joined gym when DD2 was around 4 months and now my slimmest since 2009. Have a feeling all going to go wrong when back to work next week and stress levels rise.

Standinginline Tue 17-Jun-14 20:33:05

im pretty much the same as before my two children ,if not slightly slimmer. I ate like a horse throughout my second pregnancy as it was the only thing that would disguise the stale taste in my mouth so was worried id pile it on. Luckily I didnt.

HumphreyCobbler Tue 17-Jun-14 20:34:57

I did after dc2. Still working on it after dc3.

keepyourchinupdear Tue 17-Jun-14 20:36:45

Yes, but I'll never be quite as stick thin as I was before having dc1.

RhondaJean Tue 17-Jun-14 20:37:26

Yes, I had an emcs and was in my own jeans four days later and out clubbing two weeks later (long story)

I have five years between my two though, and I have managed to pile on loads of weight in the last ten years of not being pregnant by enjoying munching way too much blush

But the babies, not a problem in the least for me.

McButtonwillow Tue 17-Jun-14 20:39:10

Yes I was huge with ds2, like you op I had terrible sickness so just basically ate my way through the pregnancy. I was the heaviest I've ever been after I gave birth but joined slimming world, lost over 4 stone and since then have been slimmer then I was before I got pregnant. Ds2 is almost 5 now and I've kept the weight off and think I look better then the years pre children.

It can be done!

thesortingtwat Tue 17-Jun-14 20:40:07

Was fine after dd2. Dd3 has been a totally different story though. 7 months in and still a stone to go.

CollieEye Tue 17-Jun-14 20:42:38

I got my a figure back. Thing is it used to resemble an 8, now it's more 0. wink

Eelseelseels Tue 17-Jun-14 20:44:43

Yes took about 4 months to get back to my normal weight after second child. Never got my pelvic floor back though..

BlessedAssurance Tue 17-Jun-14 20:45:17

A couples of weeks after Dc2 via CS my body was mine again and it buffled me that i was back to my old self. I have always been thin but it took a while to lose the chubbyness with dc1. 11 weeks later i am on the skinny side, way too thin. It turns out breastfeeding and the issues connected to it has left me thin. Do i like it ? Absolutely. It helps that we live up a hill so i push the troller up and sometimes carry my big dd_4 as well. I am showing the sixpack and loving it. There is hope for you Op, just move to a hilly areagrin

GothMummy Tue 17-Jun-14 20:49:26

Yes after my son who i had in at 28, in fact my figure was better but sadly not after having had my daughter in my mid 30s. It may be due to age though more than pregnancy itself?

feekerry Tue 17-Jun-14 20:51:33

dc1 is 2.1 cs and took me about 9m to lose the weight but looked pretty normal after that. normal stomach etc.
dc2 is 19 weeks. cs again. lost the weight super quick. weigh 1/2 stone less than pre babies but .... my stomach is fucked. carried a big baby this time and i am not that big. 19:weeks on my stomach muscles are still split about 4 fingers width.
think its just one of those things tho. huge baby,big bump. ruined tummy!!

beccajoh Tue 17-Jun-14 20:51:37

Yes. Two sections and no overhang either. Sheer luck - I ate for two or more during both pregnancies but only gained about 10kg each time. My boobs are a bit sadder looking, but they're smaller, which is good!

PlumpPartridge Tue 17-Jun-14 20:54:53

I was around 78kg when I got pregnant with DS1 and for me that was skinny. I proceeded to put on 3 stone whilst pregnant with him (and none of that was due to the baby). Lost one stone, got pregnant with DS2 when DS1 was 4mo, gained it back.

I finally got serious about dieting after DS2 was 2mo and managed to lose 3 stone except 1 stone keeps trying to find me

I now arguably look better than I did pre-DC - my belly's always been a bit flobby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now