Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Would you have a tiny <silent twat> if someone approached you with a snazzy stethoscope?

(164 Posts)
Slubberdegullion Tue 17-Jun-14 18:36:02

Or really not?

Mintyy Tue 17-Jun-14 18:37:30

Define snazzy

Slubberdegullion Tue 17-Jun-14 18:39:24

Well, slightly snazzy would be

Hang on I'll do a link

lettertoherms Tue 17-Jun-14 18:39:51

Is this in code?

makeminea6x Tue 17-Jun-14 18:40:40

?

Slubberdegullion Tue 17-Jun-14 18:40:40
makeminea6x Tue 17-Jun-14 18:41:20

I like it. Had a consultant once who seemed to have several to match her outfits. It pleased me.

Hassled Tue 17-Jun-14 18:41:22

I've never seen a snazzy stethoscope. I think I might view it as I view comedy ties - some slight judging mixed with some slight "that's quite funny/cool".

Floggingmolly Tue 17-Jun-14 18:41:30

A stethoscope?? I wouldn't be able to tell snazzy from humdrum, tbh.

usualsuspectt Tue 17-Jun-14 18:41:31

Depends how snazzy it was.

I like quite like snazzy though.

makeminea6x Tue 17-Jun-14 18:42:23

Do you mean would I think my Dr was a twat if s/he used a snazzy stethoscope? Definitely not.

Slubberdegullion Tue 17-Jun-14 18:43:18

Pink though. Can you do gravitas with a pink stethoscope? Dunno.

I do quite like it, I think.

CMOTDibbler Tue 17-Jun-14 18:43:38

I'd think 'theres someone who knows no one else will nick their stethoscope'. Better than one bedecked in stickers and stuff that you know are never going to be sanitary

Now I just googled 'snazzy stethoscope' and got this which if a medical professional approached me with I would run a mile.

Your link, however, wouldn't bother me. I'd like to think if I'm needing a stethoscope I'm probably not feeling well enough to care about what it looks like.

lettertoherms Tue 17-Jun-14 18:45:22

Well, depends on context.

Is the someone a medical professional and are you a patient?

If a random on the street was approaching me with a snazzy stethoscope I'd run a mile...

Bluestocking Tue 17-Jun-14 18:45:31

I doubt I'd notice, but if I did, I'd probably think "that's fun".

Slubberdegullion Tue 17-Jun-14 18:45:51

Obviously if the person behind (within?) the stethoscope was being not-a-twat then you would be be 'oh look, a pink stethoscope, interesting'

Or do people really not care?
<ponders on>

sallysparrow157 Tue 17-Jun-14 18:46:27

ultrascopes.com/about/designs/ some of these are quite pretty but I would feel like a twat I think!

My mum used to work for the NHS - she deliberately bought a bright pink stethoscope to deter theft. They're expensive, so you don't want them to go missing!

Everyone has those dark blue ones and they're always getting 'borrowed' apparently.

Don't think mean things about your doc for having one! smile

KoalaFace Tue 17-Jun-14 18:47:05

Not at all. I like a bit of snazz on a health care professional!

Or perhaps you've seen one you like and are thinking of acquiring one, but are canvassing opinion here first . . . wink

Hassled Tue 17-Jun-14 18:47:59

I'm disappointed by the stethoscopes you posted - I was expecting rainbows and glitter. Those are just different colours - nothing like a tie of Christmas trees at all.

Anyway, if a doctor approached me brandishing a red stethoscope, I wouldn't think twat at all.

Slubberdegullion Tue 17-Jun-14 18:48:01

'That's fun'

AHHHH HA well therein lies the rub.

Go for it

I was surprised to discover that there are funky support socks.

HerrenaHarridan Tue 17-Jun-14 18:49:12

It depends if you work in paediatrics then I would think you wanted to amuse the kids.

If not I would probably assume it was a gift smile

If it makes you happy go for it. You must have worked hard to get to a place where you need one.

Wear it with pride (currently on week 5 of indefinite hospital stay with dd, drs are awesome!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now