Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

What is this?

(32 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Tue 17-Jun-14 12:12:38

My DD is going to be 1 this week... Today she woke up with this on her face!

What is it? And is it GP worthy?

(It's clearly going to be something contagious and party cancelling isn't it!? sad

curiousgeorgie Tue 17-Jun-14 12:13:29

This one is a bit clearer but you have to zoom in?

aw she's beautiful! sorry, I'm not sure what it is but would take to the GP for peace of mind. could it be start of chickenpox?

She is sooooo cute. OP are you Adriana Lima?

I have no idea sadly, my initial thought was chicken pox too, or a skin rash from dribbling? My cousin (2) gets spots like that round his mouth from dribble - my poor aunt was beside herself that it was herpes! shock

Olbas Tue 17-Jun-14 12:23:03

Are they yellowy and/or fluid filled?

She is absolutely gorgeousgrin

That is a seriously squidgeable face

curiousgeorgie Tue 17-Jun-14 12:33:54

I wish! She looks like DH more than she looks like me!

They're just like little blisters but no pus or anything.

NickNacks Tue 17-Jun-14 12:35:34

Does she have a dummy? Looks like soother rub.

curiousgeorgie Tue 17-Jun-14 12:37:43

She does have a dummy in bed... Could it be just that?! God I hope so...

I was with my pregnant friend so panicking its something she could have caught.... and f I have to cancel this party DH will kill me!

RainbowInACloud Tue 17-Jun-14 12:40:06

Impetigo? Any yellow crusting? That's a common place for it. Is she otherwise well in herself?

Nicknacks Tue 17-Jun-14 12:40:07

Little boy I look after gets it and loos the same as that.

curiousgeorgie Tue 17-Jun-14 12:42:08

No yellow at all, just little red blisters.

curiousgeorgie Tue 17-Jun-14 12:42:42

And thank you for all saying she's cute ;) though not so adorable today, little germ factory!!

JennyOnTheBlocks Tue 17-Jun-14 12:43:46

Hard to tell as I'm on twat smartphone but small clear blisters could be hand foot and mouth?

HypodeemicNerdle Tue 17-Jun-14 12:45:36

No idea but she is scrumptious!

I hope the spots go away in time for her birthday

gotagoldtoof Tue 17-Jun-14 12:48:30

Check her palms and soles of feet; hand foot and mouth going around at the moment.

hellymelly Tue 17-Jun-14 12:49:23

It does look like either chicken pox or impetigo. If it is chicken pox she will get increasing numbers of spots, although sometimes there are only a few. If it is impetigo it will spread out and get slightly weepy. Impetigo is very contagious so if no more spots appear over today then I would take her to the gP tomorrow. Chicken pox is easy to deal with at home and doesn't warrant a doc's visit unless she is really unwell.

curiousgeorgie Tue 17-Jun-14 12:51:08

Nothing on her palms or the soles of her feet. She doesn't have a temperature or anything. A little bit snotty but she always seems to be!

curiousgeorgie Tue 17-Jun-14 12:52:21

Helly - I'm praying its not chicken pox. I have 70 people coming for a party on Saturday confused this is what a heart attack must feel like....

arewethereyetmum78 Tue 17-Jun-14 12:54:40

My dd3 had impetigo recently and that looks similar. Was just red spots for first few days then the turned yellowy and crusty. My delightful germ ridden child now has hand, foot and mouth. That has mainly been blisters like ulcers in and around her mouth. Looking at your dd I would suggest impetigo. Ours cleared within days of getting a steroid cream from Dr.

Oh and happy birthday to your dd

Omg how beautiful is she?? Stunning little girl.
It may be absolutely nothing all 3 of mine got random plukes around their mouth from drool and dummies just keep an eye out for signs of illness and any more spots.

curiousgeorgie Tue 17-Jun-14 13:04:59

I called the GP and said it could be chicken pox / impetigo / nothing and they told me to bring her in but not go into the waiting room...

Great timing DD2!!!

idontlikealdi Tue 17-Jun-14 13:33:53

Looks like when mine HF&M

maras2 Tue 17-Jun-14 13:56:15

Agree with HF&M.Beautiful child hope she gets better soon.

TessTackle Tue 17-Jun-14 13:58:52

Oh my womb!!! She is incredible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now