Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How to tell a friend that we don't want to go on holiday with them?

(53 Posts)
MyballsareSandy Tue 17-Jun-14 07:49:00

For the last 7 years or so we have spent a weekend away in the summer with friends and their kids, similar age. My two have gradually grown apart from hers, do very little together now unless instigated by parents.

Last night DD1 said she didn't want to go away with them, they have nothing in common. I feel it's two or three nights out of a whole year and we still should go. DD2 not bothered either way. DH agrees with DD1 as he's always found the other kids hard work. Kids are early teens. But how on earth do I broach this with my friend, she's so lovely.

Goldmandra Tue 17-Jun-14 14:31:54

everything is met with a booorrrrrrrreeeeeddddddddddddddd face and lots of moodiness and sulking unless everything is geared to them and their 'needs'.

DD1 is 17 and I can't say that's my experience.

SirChenjin Tue 17-Jun-14 15:06:47

OK - fair point. There are the odd exceptions grin

BravePotato Wed 18-Jun-14 10:34:33

I make my 12 yr old come along to sit to some of my tennis competitions, he has to spend half the day in the park either reading, or playing football,chat with other people's kids.

He moans a bit, but i remind him I spend many an afternoon or morning at cricket matches or karate comps for him, so it's only fair.

I do loads for my kids, but at times I expect them to fit in with me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now