Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Anyone had painful baby movements?

(17 Posts)
softlysoftly Mon 16-Jun-14 23:14:33

38wks with DC3, I remember feeling all warm and happy and "aww look they are wiggling" with DDs 1&2.

Not so this time, I swear this child has a blunt spoon and is trying to dig its way out! Grinding pelvic agony and scraping, shoving stabbing high up, alongside nerves being chewed off so legs suddenly give way. WTF is that all about?

Anyone else had this? Is it odd?!

Nope not odd. Had it every time with all 3 DCS. Got so bad I felt sick when they moved. DD2 was the worst. But she was 11 lbs when she was born so there wasn't a lot of room fo r manoeuvring!

Pocketsocks Mon 16-Jun-14 23:51:54

I had similar with DC 2 and 3 but they were both massive babies. Brought me to tears at some points.
I'd still mention any pain to a midwife though.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Mon 16-Jun-14 23:52:47

Yep. First baby was a delight to carry. This one is practically medieval. Am 39 wks now and it's brutal!! Midwife tells me it's totally normal confused

deakymom Mon 16-Jun-14 23:56:22

mention it to midwife its really not supposed to hurt xx mine did because he cracked my ribs sad

softlysoftly Tue 17-Jun-14 00:08:17

11lbs shock

And wtf how did he crack your ribs shock

MW did say at last check she thought baby was big looking at me but then measured a week under so hmm

I do have to lean to my left as my ribs feel like they are being wrenched apart but the grinding low down pain stops me in my tracks. Nice to know it's normal. Sort of...

MummyPig24 Tue 17-Jun-14 02:51:15

Oh yes my last baby was pretty rough. Most of the movements he made were uncomfortable at best. He was a lot bigger than the other two though so I don't know if that made a difference.

PrincessBabyCat Tue 17-Jun-14 03:48:01

DD was painful when she moved. She loved jabbing my cervix. And my ribs. And my bladder. God I was glad to get her out and have my body back. grin

DS is 9 and I still remember the grinding pelvic pain from his head. When he did his final flip into head down position at about 35 weeks I had to hold onto the side of the car for a few minutes as I thought I was going to throw up or pass out.
Still...it was all worth it when he isn't being a stroppy toad

Loopylouu Tue 17-Jun-14 07:16:37

Yes!

Dd was horrendous. I used to cry with her movements from 20 odd weeks.

The pain in my cervix when she jammed a foot/her head down there was so bad I couldn't walk. Later on, I had to lay down a lot.

She didn't stop fidgeting when she was born either. She was only 6lb scrap, but so strong. I'd look at her the first week after she was born and think "no wonder you had me doubled over in pain".

Loopylouu Tue 17-Jun-14 07:18:00

Oh and she would turn all the time up until 38 weeks. I'd lay in bed and you could see her turn round, it was like alien. I used to cry in pain and feel sick.

BrianButterfield Tue 17-Jun-14 07:19:09

DD was 7lb7 so not big but is a fidget now at 6 months and was a terrible wriggler before she was born. I used to feel properly seasick as she tumbled around. She had bony knees and elbows too and that used to hurt when she jabbed me. It made me feel quite upset as I loved feeling DS move but used to hate it when DD started up.

HungryHorace Tue 17-Jun-14 07:19:39

Yes! This baby is brutal...flings itself round all over, and keeps changing from head down to breech, kicking either my ribs or cervix depending on position.

The MW used the pinard yesterday and baby flung itself away to get away from it. That was pleasant :-/ She was pleased with the movement though!

DD was a waggly-footed kicker while inside me. This DC is harsh. It's definitely my final pregnancy! Only 5-6 weeks to go, depending on my ELCS date. :-)

Oh, I've been told this one is large too. It doesn't surprise me!

eltsihT Tue 17-Jun-14 07:23:58

My last was 9.6 and I will always remember him turning from being breach at 38wks, I swear it was more painful that labour.

CouldntGiveAMonkeysToss Tue 17-Jun-14 07:35:43

Yep, my first was only 6lb but he had/has really long legs and was a very skinny baby. I also had low amniotic fluid. When he moved it felt like scraping and was so uncomfortable. He was a very active baby.
DS2 was heavier but shorter and well padded, he didn't move anywhere near as much.

MySpideySenseTickles Tue 17-Jun-14 08:23:29

Towards the end I didn't like him moving much, not
Assuredly painful but it made me feel sick and more than once he turne round so suddenly I peed myself.
When he was born he had really long pointed fingernails and for the last few weeks I could feel him scratching the inside of my cervix, it was disturbing it felt like he was trying to claw his way out!

SourSweets Tue 17-Jun-14 08:38:43

Yes, mine was only 7lb 14 but I used to feel really sick when he moved, and I'd get sharp pains in my cervix and the leg giving way thing.

But not all the time, he'd move gently too. I remember when he went head down because my whole abdomen did a huge lunge, it was horrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now