Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

It's my birthday. (D)h bought me a...

(58 Posts)
lazee Mon 16-Jun-14 18:29:02

Slendertone abs thingy. And no I didn't ask for it. I'm ungrateful apparantly and he has got it wrong again?

BumWad Mon 16-Jun-14 18:30:19

Ooh. Not good.

Plus they don't work. I would be fuming.

Uhoh.

"But I thought you'd love it."

Wally.

TheTravellingLemon Mon 16-Jun-14 18:32:53

Our first valentine's day I got a bottle of drain cleaner. True story.

Wait until his birthday and buy him a penis enlarger!

Idiot!

I hope you got something you like from someone else.

Happy birthday! flowers

MummyTheGregor Mon 16-Jun-14 18:33:40

Oh noooooooo!!!! Dh got me one of those 15years ago the only person who ever used it was him... once.... its a wonder I went on to marry him...

Tell yours that you'll forgive him if he sends it back and spends the money on a slap up meal!

AdoraBell Mon 16-Jun-14 18:36:35

Kill him. Then LTB.

Happy birthday and I hope you get .nice apropriate gifts from family/friends.

cake

lazee Mon 16-Jun-14 18:37:33

And I'm also ungrateful for the expensive bike he bought me a couple of months ago. I work full time in a demanding job as a SEN TA.
Ok I'm not as slim as I could be after two kids but at a size12/14 when the fuck am I supposed to get time to use it? So pissed off

justmuddlingalong Mon 16-Jun-14 18:38:17

Happy Birthday Lazee. You have my sympathy. ExDh bought me a rowing machine and a hip and thigh diet book for my 20th birthday. Fud.

wafflyversatile Mon 16-Jun-14 18:38:45

'Wahh! I can't understand how I keep getting it wrong. Surely all wives would love this?'

Make him buy you a kilo of chocolate brownies to make up for it.

WombleAlong Mon 16-Jun-14 18:41:59

One Valentines Day I was given a £5 B&Q voucher, which he won!!

True story.

And that is why he is my ex smile

AnotherSpinningFuckingRainbow Mon 16-Jun-14 18:50:25

That's a present for himself! I like the suggestion of a penis enlarger for his birthday.

BikeRunSki Mon 16-Jun-14 18:53:04

Pah! 12/14 is my post-kids, post-Slimming World size!

I would be livid OP!!!!

lazee Mon 16-Jun-14 18:55:39

And just to top it all off, I didn't get a permanent contract at work today after interview last week. Another year contract. And a very lovely friend and colleague who helped me through my breast cancer 3 yrs ago has been given the devastating news she has stage 4 cancer and it's in curable.
Tied to explain this and did get shouty but I just want a hug. Not dinner out etc. what a fuckind day, you couldn't make it up.

lazee Mon 16-Jun-14 18:56:21

Tried

liquidstatehasrisenagain Mon 16-Jun-14 18:57:34

First birthday after our wedding my DH bought me a frying pan. I also have a very cheap engagement ring, not becuase he couldn't afford it but because he wanted to buy a new kennel for his dog the same month and refused to dip into his 5 figure savings account.

He is better trained now.

lazee Mon 16-Jun-14 18:57:35

Fucking. Excuse the grammar

yummytummy Mon 16-Jun-14 19:00:38

My first birthday after getting married ex dh got me a cactus yes a fucking cactus in a glass pot. He was lucky he didnt get it shoved up his bum. So sympathies that is a crap present.

CarbeDiem Mon 16-Jun-14 19:02:59

Sorry you've had a shitty day.
The present is pants btw.

Happy Birthday thanks

iseenodust Mon 16-Jun-14 19:07:28

Tell him you misunderstood and when he has used it to hone his body to look like Ronaldos you'll be appreciative. wink

naicesex Mon 16-Jun-14 19:17:09

That's one hell of a day OP.

Have these flowers and a un-mumsnetty hug.

Euphemia Mon 16-Jun-14 19:18:17

Sorry you've had a horrible day. sad

I see your thigh master and raise you a colander and a bike saddle.

He has totally given up now!

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Mon 16-Jun-14 19:21:05

That's a rubbish birthday. I am so sorry about your friend and there crappy gift. Make him watch the next Ukraine match and ask him if he I'd going to use it to get a body that looks like that in tight Lycra...

WhoDaresWins Mon 16-Jun-14 19:27:01

Get the receipt off him, get a refund and use the money to take your friend out for dinner somewhere that sells enormous puddings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now