Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

If you could change one thing about your house...

(64 Posts)
startwig1982 Mon 16-Jun-14 14:19:13

...what would it be?

If there was a magical house perfection squad, what would you want them to do? Only one thing allowed!!

I would ask for a larger kitchen, preferably twice the size of our current one. How they'd fit it in, I don't know, but then that's why they're magical!

Dancingwiththedrummer Mon 16-Jun-14 16:21:18

It's a toss up between double in size or change from bungalow to a house

Probs go double in size as I'd do anything for a dining table and dishwasher lol

MaryPoppinsBag Mon 16-Jun-14 16:21:19

I would extend above and behind the garage, giving a bigger kitchen diner, making the dining room a second living room and have a large bathroom upstairs and another bedroom, so we could knock the two small ones together and have 4 double bedrooms.

17leftfeet Mon 16-Jun-14 16:22:05

I would like a garage.

Not for the car, just for stuff

But I live in a terrace so it's not going to happen

I'd move it further down the hill, and onto a side road, so it's quieter. But also I fed up of walking up the bloody hill!

(Also complete renovation would be good)

I would like a nice big sunny garden and more storage. I live in a Victorian terraced house in London, where the gardens are postage-stamp sized. I just don't get how/why they would have built them like this. I know there are the commons and everyone can go there for fresh air and exercise but it is SO not the same as having your own garden where your food, loo, extra jumper, bin blah blah are a few steps away.

I would move it six miles south. Should have paid more attention to LLL before we bought sad

kickassangel Mon 16-Jun-14 16:32:58

I would move mine into the nearby city. It would have to magically shrink to about a quarter of the size, and about 9/10 of the garden would disappear, but I would be ecstatic about that as well.

notamonkeysuncle Mon 16-Jun-14 16:33:32

Its location.
I have a large well set out flat unfortunately its not in a great area (HA tenant).
So I'd move it about 2 miles to the left and pop it on the ground floor

mumofboyo Mon 16-Jun-14 16:38:55

Pick it up and put it somewhere else.
Complete redecoration from top to bottom.
More plug sockets. Also, make sure they're in sensible places.
Get rid of the awful pebble dashed walls and just have bog-standard brick.
Install a driveway - I'm fed up of parking on the road and having to close the door as I'm strapping one of the kids in because a car is coming past.
A patio area in the garden and a path leading all the way up. Also, I'd like better drainage so it doesn't turn into a soggy, sludgy mess every time it rains.

In fact, what I'd really like to do is move. I hate this house.

MaliceInWonderland78 Mon 16-Jun-14 16:38:59

I would change it so that either:

The rear garden was south-facing; or

There was an additional half an acre (so that at least come of the garden got the Sun all day)

Mains gas would be nice too!

MammaTJ Mon 16-Jun-14 16:49:23

I would like a proper back garden that felt like ours. We have a bit of front garden, which is obviously very public and a side garden that just doesn't feel like it belongs to us. It is overlooked by rude and abusive neighbours.

HandbagsandSnotrags Mon 16-Jun-14 17:02:42

Move it about a mile so we are closer to dcs current school and preferred secondary.

Need another bed & bath to be our dream house, but if this one moved could sell it for enough to get the forever home.

Fuzzymum1 Mon 16-Jun-14 17:17:24

I would add a utility room with a loo. My kitchen is tiny so i would like a separate utility and would also like a loo downstairs.

I'd have the downstairs loo under the stairs to make the 'dining' part of the kitchen bigger

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now