Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

nasty bastard cunting twatty daddylonglegs

(35 Posts)

With their scrabbly legs and loony flying and their viscious habit of divebombing me in the middle of the night when I'm trying to mn in peace in the dark.

FUCK OFF!

They actually have a purpose in life you know!

To terrorise me?

I m trying to remember what it is!

I got no sympathy from dh when I woke him up from the noise of the book being thrown at it.

They only live for two weeks, so its just enjoying life while it can! Sounds like its chosen your house to party!

Wheels79 Sun 15-Jun-14 23:44:02

I've hated them ever since one night when there were at least 10 I my living room and one landed in my gravy. Took immediate revenge by vacuuming up the other 9 but I have never forgotten or forgiven.

HeeHiles Sun 15-Jun-14 23:49:16

Sounds like he just wants to play - Aww! Give him a name - Dylan smile I do this with my DD's to make bugs and creepy crawlies less scary!

He has a name. Fucker.

Hes in buts on the floor now smile

B

Bits

Doinmummy Mon 16-Jun-14 00:06:12

They always look pissed to me < wanders off to check level of gin >

SarahAndFuck Mon 16-Jun-14 00:17:28

Why are they out now anyway?

They used to wait until the back end of September to start coming out and pissing me off but it's June and we had one in the kitchen last night.

If they stayed out the way it wouldn't be that bad but they are like the flying bastard equivalent of Phoebe on Friends doing her mad run through the park and there is no avoiding of them.

The dog ate last night's one but there will be more.

BrianTheMole Mon 16-Jun-14 00:20:15

I've found it easier to completely ignore them this time and let them get on with their party. Far less stressful. I'll just hoover up their corpses at the end of it all.

GreeboOgg Mon 16-Jun-14 00:25:06

Infestations can be cured with 40 kilos of enthusiastic German Shepherd.

There might be some loss of fine china, mind.

weegiemum Mon 16-Jun-14 00:27:57

I don't mind any other creepycrawlie thing but these give me the shudders.

Good fun for the cat, though!

skippingthroughthefarm Mon 16-Jun-14 00:33:20

i'll trade you your daddy long legs for my freakishly huge blue bottles they seem friendly but they scare me landing on my face all the time and they are smart they won't go near the fly paper attached to the windows and light shades at least with daddy long legs i could grab it by the leg and chase OH because he's terrified of them put it nicely on the window ledge grin

BrianTheMole Mon 16-Jun-14 00:37:00

Fecking blue bottles. I despise them. I'll get the fly spray out for them. With their big loud buzzing and their horrible shiny blue bodies. And you don't know what they've been sitting on before they visit you. Dog shit? Dead bodies?? Arghh, i hate them.

skippingthroughthefarm Mon 16-Jun-14 00:42:57

yup thats why i hate them too only i can use fly spray because me and OH have hay fever and were TTC so ive become strangely aware of chemicals and their effects on the human body im not a hippy i swear blush

3catsnokids Mon 16-Jun-14 00:47:15

I hate them, but feel mean killing them, so encourage the cats to do it for me. My husband and I spent a good part of yesterday evening each holding a cat high up the kitchen wall so they could reach a daddy long legs and eat it. One of them nearly caught it but alas it got away. I think the cats are out of practice as they haven't had any to catch for about a year. Last year my female cat and I made a good catching team. I would lift her to where the creature was and she would grab it with a paw and stuff it straight into her mouth.

CorusKate Mon 16-Jun-14 01:45:02

KILL

CorusKate Mon 16-Jun-14 01:45:09

THEM

CorusKate Mon 16-Jun-14 01:45:17

ALL

MonterayJack Mon 16-Jun-14 06:31:11

I don't like them but wouldn't kill them. I don't think it's ok to kill anything unless it's dangerous. I'm allergic to wasp stings but still try whenever possible to get them out the house rather than swat them. Just seems wrong to me to kill something because I don't like it or find it creepy.

HeeHiles Mon 16-Jun-14 09:32:15

RIP Dylan sad

I agree Monteray - I hate flies, nasty horrible things but I can't kill them - or wasps! Not keen on them either but love a Bumble Bee!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now